Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hughton's last game

Hughton had a habit of winning his ''must-win games'' was what we heard banded around a lot in recent weeks. Retrospecitively now, with West Brom being the only team we can still catch on points, we were never fighting with Sunderland to avoid relegation, we were fighting West Brom all along. Looking back now, it seems that if ever there was a 6-pointer, it was Hughtons last game in charge against West Brom. If we hadnt have lost that game, we could still have a chance going into the last day.

Lineker and co branded us bonkers, Alan Shearer was flabbergasted at the voices calling for Hughton''s head, asking with incredulity on MOTD ''what do they want down there''. Headlines stated that Norwich fans ''went crazy'' when this game was lost. The ignorance with which our club is discussed in the mainstream media is infuriating. At least we wont have to put up with that next season.

And I hope all the fans that brought so much negativity to that West Brom game hold their heads in shame, as much to blame as anyone at the club.

Hughton did win those "must-win" games - until West Brom - but they did come up regularly for him.

Even at the time it was clear that we needed a win from the West Brom game to be on course for safety, but at the very least we needed to avoid defeat.   After we lost to West Brom, I remember Robbie Savage saying on MOTD he thought we''d be relegated - this was before Hughton was sacked.  And I think he was right - we''d have still gone down if Hughton had been kept on and I doubt if we''d have got another point.

And it was really annoying that they were critical of Hughton being at risk of the sack in the months before.  We were in a similar position to teams like West Brom, Fulham etc who sacked their managers, so why they had an issue with Hughton being under pressure I''ve never understood.

[quote user="ellis206"]

And I hope all the fans that brought so much negativity to that West Brom game hold their heads in shame, as much to blame as anyone at the club.

[/quote]

what a pile of crap, it was hughton who was so negative, what about all the other games?

what was his plan B?

couldn''t win 2 games in a row,

and we had just lost 7 away games on the trot!!

the fans have been brilliant at home all season,

he should have gone after the Hull away game