Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Atmosphere on Sunday!!

What is everyones plan on the final game of the season, drown your sorrows, be happy that the season is over, or treat it like another game!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]What is everyones plan on the final game of the season, drown your sorrows, be happy that the season is over, or treat it like another game!![/quote]
I shall get behind the team, the same as I do every game.
No doubt the plastics, upset at the loss of their glory football will stick their bottom lips out though.

I''ll be there, as usual. I''ll cheer like a crazy man if some of our youngsters are out there. They need our support. However, I think it would be harsh to put them out there from the start. Perhaps bring them on from the bench.

I won''t be cheering on players like Bassong. That''s for sure. If ever anyone didn''t look (or sound) up for the fight, it''s him. And to think he was our captain. He''s been relelated with Newcastle, Wolves and Norwich. Coincidence?

I should imagine there will be very little atmosphere then the announcer will do the usual countdown to OTBC which the Barclay and Snakepit will join in with but nobody else will.

Then everyone will sit down moan about the season and how badly we are playing.  Occassionally we will sing OTBC as it''s all we sing now.  After 38 minutes the ground will be a third empty so people can skip the queues for a pint (myself included).

The secong half will be played at testimonial pace, Arsenal will score a couple of straight forward goals.  The ref will blow for full time and the ground will be half empty for the thank you lap.  A few women will cry and smudge their make up and everyone will filter out silently.

Same as every other week this season!

The streams will be on fire with ex pats getting one last view in before going back to slagging the team off after listening to the game rather than a grainy internet stream. Or maybe even slagging the team off without listening or watching them at all, that''s my favourite, heard people pick out specific personality traits and question a players conviction based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Ahh the good old days

My view, for what it’s worth. We have to be realistic. Over the course of a season the final positions in the Premier League (and all other divisions for that matter) will tend to reflect the overall salary budget of each club. The teams that spend the most on wages will be fighting out at the top of the league and so on. This means that for the last few years we have clearly overachieved, but that is not the norm for a club with revenues such as ours and no billionaire benefactor. Unless we take action to increase our revenue (and then subsequently invest it in the playing squad) or get taken over, then our long term position will probably be to bounce around between the top 2 divisions. We’ll have occasional spells of overachievement and underachievement but about 16th – 20th   place in the hierarchy is where a club with our spending power is always likely to revert to in the long term. Relegations will happen from time to time and whilst you need to learn lessons every time it happens, vitriolic abuse aimed at players, managers, coaches, directors cannot change the fundamentals.

All of the focus should now be on next season. The promotion push starts on Sunday. This is now a match with no pressure so let’s take some pride in the club, get fully behind all of the players, sing from start to finish, take the roof off the stadium with the noise and that can only be a positive thing for next season.