Sign in to follow this  
#

Please retire Delia!

You''ve given it a good go sweety but now''s the time to step down and retire, bake some cakes and let someone new take over with oodels of cash to play with.

And take your chain smoking hubby with you, we need series investment at our club these days .........and you two ain''t got it!.......you claim to love our club, well prove it, walk away because now you''re holding us back.

Just go and enjoy your retirement ...........while you still can.

PS..............Thanks! [:S]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]careful what you wish for at least she cares and is a supporter that goes a very long way for me[/quote]

We all care Yorkshire but finacially imo Smith & Jones ...even Fry cannot afford to take us to a higher level!

Brilliant, you haven''t got the manager to moan about, so you switch to Delia.Lol.

I dont often agree with Wiz but on this occasion I do. We need proper investment to get back into the prem and to stay there. A rich arab or a wealthy Amercian would do nicely.

Little ole Norwich must come to an end and this will only happen with the sale of the club by the Stowmarket 2

I don''t understand - are you suggesting there is a queue of wealthy individuals chomping at the bit to buy Norwich?

I haven''t heard anything, have you?

So how do you manage this, do you have two browser open logged into the different accounts or do actually log out as Wiz and then log back in as Waveney Canary?

Wiz, I find the ''while you still can'' at the end particularly sinister!

It sounds like you need to contact erstwhile Cambridge restauranteuse Amanda Staveley who brokered Sheikh Mansour''s purchase of Citeh. Or maybe you''ve had your fill of restauranteuse investors...

[quote user="woostercanary"]I don''t understand - are you suggesting there is a queue of wealthy individuals chomping at the bit to buy Norwich? I haven''t heard anything, have you?[/quote]

Who knows? we''re just like mushrooms ..........kept in the dark and fed on bull*hit!

[quote user="El Convento"]Wiz, I find the ''while you still can'' at the end particularly sinister! It sounds like you need to contact erstwhile Cambridge restauranteuse Amanda Staveley who brokered Sheikh Mansour''s purchase of Citeh. Or maybe you''ve had your fill of restauranteuse investors...[/quote]

Not sinister at all my friend, just good advise, with her wads of cash and at her age she should be lazing on a sun drenched beach far away from the stress of football.

Wiz clearly there is no one with serious looney trying to invest....

Fernandes was never really interested. That other guy, Cullan was it? Wasn''t willing to go anywhere near the asking price or something like that.

They can''t just retire, and wanting them too is pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz clearly there is no one with serious looney trying to invest.... Fernandes was never really interested. That other guy, Cullan was it? Wasn''t willing to go anywhere near the asking price or something like that. They can''t just retire, and wanting them too is pretty disrespectful in my opinion.[/quote]

Really GP?

I''m just concerned for their joint welfare![;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Fernandes was never really interested.[/quote]

Really? Contradicts what I''ve heard.

Not that I''d want him here.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]So has she got wads of cash or not?
[/quote]

When she leaves, yes, she''s entitled to take her investment back..............it was never a gift to the club .........she doesn''t love us that much![:|]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Fernandes was never really interested.[/quote]

Really? Contradicts what I''ve heard.

Not that I''d want him here.

[/quote]He didn''t want to invest, he wanted 100% control.Glad we dodged that bullet.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]So has she got wads of cash or not?[/quote]

When she leaves, yes, she''s entitled to take her investment back..............it was never a gift to the club .........she doesn''t love us that much![:|]

[/quote]Would you give your money away to Norwich City?No, didn''t think so.

There have been loads of offers is what I''ve heard.

The Sultan of Brunei, Bill Gates and the Duke of Westminster have all been interested as has the Church of England. They wanted to rebrand us though and have the Cathedral as the central focus of the badge rather than a canary; but Delia being a staunch Catholic wouldn''t have any of it and rebuffed them.

The others were refused even an audience with her. the way she sees it, she saved the club and it''s hers. She''ll continue to play with her toy until she is fed up with it and that isn''t yet. Some have even suggested that the reason she refuses to sell is to deliberately limit the success of the club, she doesn''t want any organisation in Norfolk to be bigger than "Brand Delia" and that is why the board have made the decisions at the times they have this season in order to safeguard relegation and lower the profile of the club.

And she once wore an Ipswich rosette.

She''s an Ipswich fan really. And Leeds. And she''s got a half and half scarf with Man United on the other bit. And our pies aren''t even that good.

What we need is a Carson Yeung , Vincent Tan or that blast from the past Michael Knighton !! I''ll Stick with Delia and Co anytime thanks

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]So has she got wads of cash or not?
[/quote]

[/quote]

You write some real trash.

She goes to nearly all games. She has the balls to sit with the fans, even during the bad times. She''s put a large chunk of her hard earned keeping this club alive. Now, what exactly do you do for the club?

This is like some flash back retro OP...I really thought you had done this one to death way back Wiz.......maybe you should hex her or something..... 

just wondering where someone with loads of cash and cares about the club is going to come from ? need some new bloody supporters not new owners !!!!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]This is like some flash back retro OP...I really thought you had done this one to death way back Wiz.......maybe you should hex her or something..... [/quote]

No Mark she doesn''t deserve that.......yet![;)]

I think Delia would like to retire. We have been looking for investors for at least 4 years using city head hunters but nobody has come anywhere near. We are probably a victim of our own success - no debt - asset rich - share price quadrupled. It would cost an investor an awful lot more than buying a basket case club with debts and no assets.

Have you met her? She''s a wonderful lady! She has the club at heart which is more than can be said for you......your post is patronising in the extreme...you should write for The Sun.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]This is like some flash back retro OP...I really thought you had done this one to death way back Wiz.......maybe you should hex her or something..... [/quote]

From way back and beyond July 2012 Mark?[;)]

I think people''s memories are conveniently short nowadays. It is the clamour to be top that is making supporters now question whether the club is rich enough and where the next ultra rich oligarch is coming from to rescue an ailng football team but not club I might add.

Bayern Munich supporters were walking out of the Allianz 15 minutes before the final whistle last night. Why?

Two domestic trophies and the last four of CL! And that is most seasons too.

Arsenal are seen as under achievers despite being in the Cup Final and likely to finish fourth. And 17 straight years in the CL!

Now Norwich are likely to be relegated and some want to change the whole ethos of the club and, I believe, the majority of supporters opinion of the club.

Yeah why not get a foreign owner like Tan in? He can change our strip colour. Rename the ground. Hell, he can even rename the club. Perhaps we could play in the evenings instead to suit his home country''s audiences.

Be very careful what you wish for, Wiz. Investment of that magnitude never ever comes for free. There is always a cost.