As exiles, we have been spoiled the last three seasons with being able to watch every minute live, of every match.  It has meant it is easier to follow things on the pitch more closely.   The one good thing from my point of view is that there are plenty of matches further north that will be easier for me to get to plus I''ll make a few more at CR as well.  What are other exiles going to do about watching matches next season?  

Just a quick question Lakey.......why does Championship football mean you will be able to get to Carrow Road a few more times than in the Premiership ?

It''s made me pretty complacent actually. It''s been near impossible for me to get to some games, Plastics taking all the allocation of the Man U, Liverpool and Man City tickets (did manage both the Manchester clubs once though, a 4-0 and 6-1 defeat!).

It costs me about £100 petrol and the rest for me to go to a home game before even thinking of tickets. Now I don''t have the option to stay at home and watch, I''ll be enjoying my trips to Huddersfield and Wigan next year. Hopefully our team will actually turn up this season.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just a quick question Lakey.......why does Championship football mean you will be able to get to Carrow Road a few more times than in the Premiership ? [/quote]

Simples. In the absence of streams it will mean  I get to see the team play more often.  I went to more games in the League 1 season and championship seasons than the premiership. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just a quick question Lakey.......why does Championship football mean you will be able to get to Carrow Road a few more times than in the Premiership ? [/quote]There''s more games... Dur....[;)] [A] [:D]

It''s made me realise how very lazy I''ve been this season, only been away once and home a handful of times. Going to make more of an effort this year, maybe try to get to 5 away games and about the same home games.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s made me pretty complacent actually. It''s been near impossible for me to get to some games, Plastics taking all the allocation of the Man U, Liverpool and Man City tickets (did manage both the Manchester clubs once though, a 4-0 and 6-1 defeat!).

It costs me about £100 petrol and the rest for me to go to a home game before even thinking of tickets. Now I don''t have the option to stay at home and watch, I''ll be enjoying my trips to Huddersfield and Wigan next year. Hopefully our team will actually turn up this season.[/quote]

100 quid in petrol...in your plane?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s made me pretty complacent actually. It''s been near impossible for me to get to some games, Plastics taking all the allocation of the Man U, Liverpool and Man City tickets (did manage both the Manchester clubs once though, a 4-0 and 6-1 defeat!).

It costs me about £100 petrol and the rest for me to go to a home game before even thinking of tickets. Now I don''t have the option to stay at home and watch, I''ll be enjoying my trips to Huddersfield and Wigan next year. Hopefully our team will actually turn up this season.[/quote]

100 quid in petrol...in your plane?

400 mile round trip. That''s £60 petrol then I need food and drink and there''s wear and tear on my car to think about. I usually combine it into my weekends seeing the family. At least now I should find it easier to get tickets.

I miss the days of being able to decide on the morning of a game that i''d go.

Likely I will be signing up for the clubs Player feed. Over here Fox Sports did cover one championship match each week.

Silver lining, may be I have a better chance of getting tickets when I come home once or twice a year. But you''re right Lakey, Prem TV coverage spoils you.

we have the 24hr premier league channel here with others showing different leagues - dutch, spanish, italian, german, scottish and some champs league games, so with some luck norwich might be on some weeks

Never watched a game on a stream. Well I did try one of the pre season friendlies but it was hopeless.

So I will be going to games at Carrow Rd as usual.

Sadly, I''m a new exile. I must admit, it''s much easier to deal with relegation than it would have been if I was still in wymondham. I managed a betting shop, so my job was literally to talk about sport. Difficult not to get too down about results when you have to spend the next 3 days talking about each one. Not looking forward to following from a distance next season though. Any advice gratefully received.

I remember being completely p_________d off that having been to the Charlton away game when we were relegated from the Chumps I was then unable to buy tickets for the Charlton away game the following season when we won promotion because they had quickly sold out.

Since becoming an exile I have never found it the slightest bit desirable to make a massive round-trip (350 miles for me to Norwich.) just for ninety minutes of football.

The time on the road is bad enough, a lousy game/result rubs salt in the wounds and then the realisation that a whole day has been wasted, along with a disrupted week-end makes it an unattractive prospect for me.

For this reason, I liked to combine it with a family week-end in Norfolk or a long week-end in London. (Getting tickets for Carrow Road games is not straight forward either though.) 

Streaming has discouraged me from either these last two seasons. Multiply me by a few more in my position and it can be worked out that, even in this small way, streaming is hitting at the coffers of PL clubs. 

Without streams I shall be more encouraged to embark upon a few week-ends away from my couch and my lap-top.

I will continue with my season ticket and be at most away matches too. The midweek games can be more of a problem and there will be more of those in the Championship.

I am aware of at least two other season ticket holders here in Devon. Its roughly a 800 mile round trip to home games but when you love the club its just what you do. Sad that Yeovil have been relegated as that was a nice 80 mile round trip.

I hate watching on streams (I have only done it very rarely as I am usually at the game) as you do not get the real sense of things. So I won''t miss the streams or the pathetic lack of knowledge of TV pundits on MOTD etc. Also the Football League show is on nice and late so I can get home in time for it to start from pretty much any ground we play at including home games (a 7 hour drive so its usually midnight when I get home from a home game).

Robert Brompton

I don''t know whether to admire you Robert for your devotion to the cause or puzzle at you for happily spending so much time and money in support of the Club.

Flipping hell mate! Have you nothing else to do with  the time available at the week-end? Tried a round of golf or shopping with the Mrs or the delights of Gillette Soccer Saturday?

That revelation entitles you to the Supporter of the Year award in my book.

[quote user="My name is Robert Brompton"]I hate watching on streams as you do not get the real sense of things. So I won''t miss the streams or the pathetic lack of knowledge of TV pundits on MOTD etc.......[/quote]I totally agree RB although I''ve had many "experts" on here tell me they can see more and know more about the game than those of us present. They also throw in a few "stats" to back up their case.I''m really gonna miss ''em next season. [:D] 

I''m going to miss the streams. But i''m also going to miss stupid stuff like lawro and merse''s predictions. And avoiding MOTD religiously unless we''ve won.

On the plus side, there should be more northern games i can get too. fingers crossed rotherham or preston win the league one play-offs. Hopefully in the championship we might even be able to win away games!

Its not easy being an exile and wanting to follow every second of every game. We have been spoilt by the streaming luxury of the premiership, but for now I guess its back to canary player! It won''t be the same without Neeyul!

And lets hope we aren''t down for too long!

[quote user="My name is Robert Brompton"]I will continue with my season ticket and be at most away matches too. The midweek games can be more of a problem and there will be more of those in the Championship.

I am aware of at least two other season ticket holders here in Devon. Its roughly a 800 mile round trip to home games but when you love the club its just what you do. Sad that Yeovil have been relegated as that was a nice 80 mile round trip.

I hate watching on streams (I have only done it very rarely as I am usually at the game) as you do not get the real sense of things. So I won''t miss the streams or the pathetic lack of knowledge of TV pundits on MOTD etc. Also the Football League show is on nice and late so I can get home in time for it to start from pretty much any ground we play at including home games (a 7 hour drive so its usually midnight when I get home from a home game).

Robert Brompton[/quote]

As an away fan I''ve done Plymouth twice and Torquay. The thought of that every fortnight? Well played sir!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="My name is Robert Brompton"]I hate watching on streams as you do not get the real sense of things. So I won''t miss the streams or the pathetic lack of knowledge of TV pundits on MOTD etc.......[/quote]

I totally agree RB although I''ve had many "experts" on here tell me they can see more and know more about the game than those of us present. They also throw in a few "stats" to back up their case.

I''m really gonna miss ''em next season. [:D] 

[/quote]

There are pros and cons in watching just streams as opposed too actually being there. Of course the match-day experience is a thing in it''s self and nothing compares, but it is not the be all and end all, especially if you are sat at the top end of the Barclay and haven''t a clue who just scored City''s goal at the other end.

In brief, live supporters get to appreciate the whole picture, including the whole contribution of individual players. The stream viewers benefit from the detail.

We all have view of other teams and other players. We all enjoy airing our views on the England team. During this coming World Cup this forum will be full of opinion about the England games and players, including from those who put down stream-watchers.

All these opinions will come from watching the small screen.  

My name is Robert Brompton wrote the following post at 08/05/2014 2:15 PM:

I will continue with my season ticket and be at most away matches too. The midweek games can be more of a problem and there will be more of those in the Championship.

Robert Brompton

Good on you Robert. Your observations about streams are absolutely right, you just can''t get the true perspective on the game, movement ( or lack of it ) off the ball, missed runs, team shape etc all all very difficult to pick up.

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 08/05/2014 4:21 PM:

So what?

So you don''t get a full picture of what''s gone on in the game.

You don''t get the detail, or replays, when siiing there live. Whether this or thsat should have been a penalty or not etc.

BUT, so what?

Pointless and trite argument. Two completely different experiences that people decide to enjoy according to their circumstances. Never the basis for an argument though.

I await your postings on the next World Cup, or do you park your tent outside Carrow Road waiting for the next home game?

People go to football matches for different things. Not everyone who goes even likes football that much. Some for tribal reasons and perhaps wouldn''t even watch a stream if they didn''t go. This is even more true with some away fans. I like everything about my football days. The football is just part of the whole package for me. TV doesn''t even come close. When I could go away regularly I''d still go even if the game was on a Monday night half the country away and live on sky. That''s because what I got from the broadcast couldn''t get close to the experience I got travelling with the other away fans.

Back in the 60s there was a blind man used to stand on the riverend terrace. He went there to be part of the crowd even though his friend had to tell him what happened. That''s a little more common now that blind people can listen to a commentary while being part of the event. If you can''t understand that mentality then perhaps the streams are for you.

Good. Get your lazy arses down to some games this coming season then [:D]

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 08/05/2014 4:47 PM:

You don''t get the detail, or replays, when siiing there live. Whether this or thsat should have been a penalty or not etc.

BUT, so what?

Pointless and trite argument. Two completely different experiences that people decide to enjoy according to their circumstances. Never the basis for an argument though.

I await your postings on the next World Cup, or do you park your tent outside Carrow Road waiting for the next home game?

It becomes very relevant when poster who have only watched the game on a stream try to offer expert advice on aspects of the game that they have not even witnessed.