Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

For the first time in 5 years

[quote user="Norwich Red n White"]I think you''ve hit the nail on the head. One or two may get taken but the rest haven''t showed premier league quality, hence you''re going down.[/quote]

That was in response to the comment at 0850 by making plans.

Just getting used to your forum!

[quote user="Paul"]  Bassong will go but he has been shite, [/quote]

Has he?

I would say he''s been no worse than most and better than some.

He''s just become a target. A scapegoat.

Reggie- I think there is a little divide but if you look at the Champ, which is now our focus, all the Top 16 (except Bournemouth) are credibly all peers of ours and all jostling with little differential. Birmingham are a bit of an outlier, being below where they should probably be. A few (Huddersfield, Charlton, Millwall) probably about right and then you have a few who are Lge1/bottom Champ.

We know from when we went down in ''95 after many years of Division 1/Prem when we hoped to come back early, that it took 9 years! In 2005, 5 years.

Re players, I have no confidence that the likes of RVW, Bassong, Fer will look any more motivated at Portman Road on a cold Tuesday in a rumbustious derby game if they can''t be bothered in one of the world''s best leagues.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Reggie- I think there is a little divide but if you look at the Champ, which is now our focus, all the Top 16 (except Bournemouth) are credibly all peers of ours and all jostling with little differential. Birmingham are a bit of an outlier, being below where they should probably be. A few (Huddersfield, Charlton, Millwall) probably about right and then you have a few who are Lge1/bottom Champ. We know from when we went down in ''95 after many years of Division 1/Prem when we hoped to come back early, that it took 9 years! In 2005, 5 years. Re players, I have no confidence that the likes of RVW, Bassong, Fer will look any more motivated at Portman Road on a cold Tuesday in a rumbustious derby game if they can''t be bothered in one of the world''s best leagues.[/quote]

Sorry for picking on your post Tumbleweed, but I''m getting a bit sick of this defeatist, little Ol'' Norwich attitude carrying over into the Championship. We are debt free, our average attendance (even in our last season in the champs) can only be matched by one team in that division (Brighton) and only 8 others have within 10,000 of ours (with two of these being promoted), not to mention we will have the bumper parachute payments and this years prize money for the premiership will give us more money than Man Utd got for winning it last year! We are an attractive prospect for players and management, we should not conisder 16 other teams to be our peers, we ARE a big club in the championship with lots and lots of disposable income compared to other teams, especially with the FFP rules being enforced. We need to flex that muscle and bully our way to the promotion.

Don''t get me wrong, I know it is a difficult ask and we can''t expect to just win by turning up, but FFS people, show some positivity people and recognise us for what we are.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]yeah but Bassong will be a beast in the championship, Hooper will get us 20-25 goals. That was part of the problem this season, we had too many good championship players, why get rid of them when you know their likely to get us promoted again?[/quote]

Spot on. I would even make sure Becchio stays - he''s proven.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Reggie- I think there is a little divide but if you look at the Champ, which is now our focus, all the Top 16 (except Bournemouth) are credibly all peers of ours and all jostling with little differential. Birmingham are a bit of an outlier, being below where they should probably be. A few (Huddersfield, Charlton, Millwall) probably about right and then you have a few who are Lge1/bottom Champ.

We know from when we went down in ''95 after many years of Division 1/Prem when we hoped to come back early, that it took 9 years! In 2005, 5 years.

Re players, I have no confidence that the likes of RVW, Bassong, Fer will look any more motivated at Portman Road on a cold Tuesday in a rumbustious derby game if they can''t be bothered in one of the world''s best leagues.[/quote]The main problem when we came down in 1995 was that the club was almost bankrupt. Had we been debt-free like we are now, we surely would have held on to Martin O''Neill as manager, and been able to give him the transfer budget he wanted.He took Leicester back up, and probably would have done the same with us. So I don''t think 1995 is really a relevant comparison.

[quote user="cornish sam"]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Reggie- I think there is a little divide but if you look at the Champ, which is now our focus, all the Top 16 (except Bournemouth) are credibly all peers of ours and all jostling with little differential. Birmingham are a bit of an outlier, being below where they should probably be. A few (Huddersfield, Charlton, Millwall) probably about right and then you have a few who are Lge1/bottom Champ. We know from when we went down in ''95 after many years of Division 1/Prem when we hoped to come back early, that it took 9 years! In 2005, 5 years. Re players, I have no confidence that the likes of RVW, Bassong, Fer will look any more motivated at Portman Road on a cold Tuesday in a rumbustious derby game if they can''t be bothered in one of the world''s best leagues.[/quote]

Sorry for picking on your post Tumbleweed, but I''m getting a bit sick of this defeatist, little Ol'' Norwich attitude carrying over into the Championship. We are debt free, our average attendance (even in our last season in the champs) can only be matched by one team in that division (Brighton) and only 8 others have within 10,000 of ours (with two of these being promoted), not to mention we will have the bumper parachute payments and this years prize money for the premiership will give us more money than Man Utd got for winning it last year! We are an attractive prospect for players and management, we should not conisder 16 other teams to be our peers, we ARE a big club in the championship with lots and lots of disposable income compared to other teams, especially with the FFP rules being enforced. We need to flex that muscle and bully our way to the promotion.

Don''t get me wrong, I know it is a difficult ask and we can''t expect to just win by turning up, but FFS people, show some positivity people and recognise us for what we are.

[/quote]Top post Sam. I still think McNally has the balls to bolster us as necessary and appoint the right man to get us back up to the top flight.