Sign in to follow this  
morty

New league, manager, start.

Will the end of this season represent a line in the sand for you, will you start next season with a clean slate after hopefully getting the blame game out of the way?
If we start badly will it somehow still be blamed on Hughton?

I''m quite a positive chap so for me next season represents an opportunity more than anything else. An opportunity to play some decent football under a new manager, to start winning more football matches both home and away and to get the feel good factor back at the club. Don''t think for a moment that it will be easy or a smooth ride at all, but I''m confident we''ll be there or thereabouts this time next year.

Definitely a clean slate for me come August, if we make a dodgy start people need to hold their nerve and give the new personnel a chance to bed in. If people really feel the need to apportion blame at any stage then I suppose McNally et al would be the ones for not making the managerial change quickly enough but I don''t think that kind of thing does any good or helps anybody. Sounds boring but we are far more likely to succeed with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Certainly ain''t gonna be easy though. Expect a season of highs and lows.

Not boring in the slightest Bagpuss, it is the main point I am making. People need to start the new season united, and behind the team, not clinging onto old issues.

A new start, everybody pulling together. With the squad we have atm we can challenge.RVW, Hooper and Becchio may have misfired in the prem, but if we play to their strengths they will all be valuable assets in the championship. All are contracted to the club so should stay unless we say otherwise

Yes , a fresh start, yes a line in the sand , and as always behind the team and the manager who ever it might be .

As for leaving the past behind ,, I cannot do it ,, I still feel bitter towards Rodent and the things which happened while he ruined our club .

I cannot believe that it all happened again ,, (admittedly in a different way ) under Hughton , while realising that there is no point , and nothing to be gained or achieved by finger pointing, personally .... Hughton''s name will be historically consigned to the same section in my life as that hideous individual Rodent .

Rant over ...OTBC!!!

For me the worst thing these two Hughton years did was destroy a great unity of players and supporters and then supporters inners and outers.

Of course there will be disagreements on this board etc but the standard of debate on here has often been poor and I am as guilty as anyone else.

I am now so looking forward to a fresh start with a new manager and coaching staff that we can all get behind and actually look forward to the game as we walk to the ground.

I read a quote somewhere yesterday from Eadie where he says the new manager must be someone with no connection to the club as it needs a fresh face with no influences of the last two seasons. I think that''s a fair point of view.

Yes its a fresh start for me and I am already looking forward to it. The Hughton era will go down as one of my lowest times in 35 years supporting Norwich. For the first time I really lost the motivation to travel to Carrow Road. I currently reside in Helsinki and at considerable expense try to get over for games as often as possible but having seen the tosh that hughton and his team delivered I lost the faith. Now thank goodness that is over and the spirit and passion is back!