Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

We need a new manager NOW

We can''t afford to wait, players need to know where they stand and we need to sign a few especially two strikers.

Adam''s was appointed as the new manager of Norwich City. If they stay with him I can''t see any reason to make an announcement. 

The new manager will have to make the choice, who stays, who leaves, in conjunction with McN or the Board.

The problem is that it will take time. They have to invite applications, perhaps approach some already in post, and then form a short list. This will take at least three weeks, as Board members, advisers and applicants may be on holiday.

Assuming a choice is made, and the new manager appointed, he then has to consult , look at videos, etc decide who he needs and who can be let go,and only then speak to players. This could be compressed a little, but it must surely be another week or two.

I remember two years ago Hughton taking videos away with him. Did he take them on holiday?

The whole process could be lengthened a little if the one selected is from overseas.

We and the players will have to be patient, I''m afraid.

Now if Adams were appointed, then the process could be much shorter.....

The new manager will have to make the choice, who stays/who leaves, in conjunction with McN or the Board.

The problem is that it will take time. They have to invite applications, perhaps approach someone already in post, and then form a short list. This will take at least three weeks, as Board members, advisers and applicants may be on holiday.

Assuming a choice is made, and the new manager appointed, he then has to consult , look at videos, etc decide who he needs and who can be let go,and only then speak to players. This could be compressed a little, but it must surely be another week or two.

I remember two years ago Hughton taking videos away with him. Did he take them on holiday?

The whole process could be lengthened a little if the one selected is from overseas.

We and the players will have to be patient, I''m afraid.

Now if Adams were appointed, then the process could be much shorter..... (but that''s not a reason to appoint him if he is not as good as the other applicant(s).)

swindoncanary wrote the following post at 2014-05-08 8:33 PM:

Adam''s was appointed as the new manager of Norwich City. If they stay with him I can''t see any reason to make an announcement.

He was appointed for five games, and until the end of the season. Matters are to beep reviewed on the 1st June.

Have I missed something here, I haven''t heard an announcement from the board saying for 5 games, maybe someone could find it ?

Drawing up shortlists? Now? Seriously?

If McNally didn''t already know exactly who he wanted (in the event of relegation or staying up) before he sacked Hughton then I''ll get on my flying pig and head up to FCR right now and help him clear his desk.

I''m sure the board will have someone in mind, if NA is not going to be kept on. Before McNally came the process was a drawn out affair. I would expect a speedy appointment, if there is going to be a change, because we''ll want to make new signings asap.

^What Mr Brownstone said^

McNally will have had his premier league option and his championship option plugged into his speed-dial the moment Hughton was sacked.

Relegation simply means he pressed ''number 2''. (Which will most likely be Malky).

Mcnally had options to replace CH which he said in interviews re CH situation in February/March. Where are they now? Can''t see us paying compo for a manager currently in work, we still have to pay off Hughton and his cronies.

I think McNally said something along the lines of "Neil is the manager, it''s up to him if it stays that way". Reading between the lines it seemed like he was saying "Keep us up and we''ll see...".