Sign in to follow this  
Monty burns

Not pleasing to the eye..

No..not the league table..atlhough that''s not great obviously.

I was referring to malky''s style of football, I know promotion or at the very least top 6 is nexts years minimum target but it''s worth considering that it might be a struggle to watch!

For whats it''s worth I would consider Neil warnock, not everyone''s favourite but know how to get out of the championship!

Unfortunately Neil Warnock is a bit of a crook, who signs bad players on long contracts and demands a percentage of their appearance bonus when he picks them. Or at least he did at Shef utd, Palace, QPR and Leeds.

For that reason I hope we give him a miss.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Malky''s style of football is unacceptable but Warnock''s is fine? Baffling.[/quote]

Nothing baffling about it..2 very different styles! Fortunately or unfortunately my job requires me to watch hours and hours of football at all standards..Warnock is a very different tactical coach to malky, that''s all I was saying!

Warnock will do for me, his nefarious activities could be reined in by McNally provided he keeps his eye on the ball.

If what you say is true re NW which I cannot dispute QPR can pick em with Harry Redknapp in charge who did a Warnock at W Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton maybe at Spurs and QPR.

In fairness, I know a watford fan, and he also complained that Malky never had a plan B and If things weren''t going his way that was it. game over. Sounds a lot like the Hughton philosophy: concede a goal and then give up and ask them politely not to score another to embarrass us further.

What we want, and need, is a brand new Paul Lambert. (not the old one, he won''t come back!)

Lets hope McNally finds him quickly!

Malky''s so called style of football is a myth. He did his best with what he had to work with and Cardiff were not in the relegation zone when he was sacked.

Even Hughton was responsible for open football when he got Newcastle promoted, as he had the players to work with.

The dreaded Pulis has got Crystal Palace to safety by being workmanlike but they could hardly be called defensive.

Why the need to categorise people? These labels are rarely correct.

How did he get on getting leeds outa the champ.

How long did it take him to get sheff u outa the champ.

He got QPR with probably the biggest wage bill and budget in the league. And how did he get on once he got in the prem.

We dont need a manager for 1 season. We need 1 for next few years.

You have missed the point..I never said that Malkys football wasn''t effective, with the right players his ''style'' is very effective and produces results! What I meant that for the football purest it isn''t the prettiest thing to watch!

I''m not saying I wouldn''t want him here, but if it wasn''t for the ''ex player'' link I''m not sure he would even be considered!

I would love Adams to be involved as 1st team coach, but with his tactical disasters (first half liverpool, man utd 90min, last 15 min chelsea) that I don''t believe he is ready for a full time managers position...yet!

Not too pleasing on the eye but he''s effective and wins games! So whats the problem? If we had played ugly and won 5 more games Hughton would still be here, his problem was playing poor and losing. Nobody walks out the ground and says well I''m disappointed with winning today cos we didn''t attack as much. Winning games is what its all about. I think the defensive label, Hughton mark 2 and that we wouldn''t be interested in Malky if he wasn''t an ex player is very unfair. Yeah they were not great against us but in the other 2 games i saw v man city and man utd they were brilliant. Malky is a good coach, understands how to set teams up, is a great man manager and will not take any BS from anybody. Hes done very well championship level and has shown that he can win games in the prem, its irrelevant that he use to play for us he fits perfectly for us at the moment. We don''t just need a manager to get us up but one to stay the following season and keep us up which is not Neil Warnock. If not Malky the only other person I would go for is Nigel Adkins but have we got the money to pay compensation?

It''s true that we all want to bounce back, but if we listened and learned from Warnock and did get back in 12 months, that would be too soon. We would not have a squad good enough to survive in the Prem. We shall lose some players this summer, and there is no way we could assemble a side for promotion and long stay in the Prem in such a short time. We failed last time!

"Nobody walks out the ground and says well I''m disappointed with winning today cos we didn''t attack as much."

Apart from West Ham fans.