Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Keep both Garrido and Olsson and have that down the left?

Olsson had some great games for Blackburn on the left wing and Garrido contrary to popular belief is a very good left back, unfairly marginalised after an excellent performance versus Southampton.

I know Garrido was unhappy with Hughton because he told me as much. He remains a very capable player though and could become our set piece taker as Snoddy looks to be leaving.

How about them two down our left next season?

I would love for us to keep both, and as with everything else, it comes down to the manager/board if we do. however for me, I would like Murphy playing on the left wing, and Olsson and Garrido might be okay to an extent in not playing in the prem, but if we only need one of them to play fullback, one will leave. The obvious answer is Garrido to go, as Olsson is much younger, and pace is huge in the championship, but I feel Garrido has a slightly better early cross, which people disagree with me.

I like Murphy but I don''t want us overly reliant on him straight away. He could be phased in with Olsson sometimes needed to cover Garrido at left back or Murphy used as a sub in some games to force the issue.

We are playing a different game now where we''ll be on the front foot in most games.

Cant see Garrido being here next season,  which I agree would be disappointing;   one of the few city players who actually know how to defend and pass.  

Bizarrely he is currently considered a worse left back than an out of position whittaker [:$]

I doubt murphy, morris, mcgheehan are ready for week in week out championship football. We need to get back first time and gambling on 18 & 19 year olds isnt how to do it.

OK Garrido to go, but where not played all season they will be queing up for Javier. He will be here next season. Olsson looked good on the left Sunday.

Also remember Olsson to have surgery on shoulder this summer this will put many suitors off until fitness is proven.

Kind of good news about Olsson, that should at least give us half a season with him. A bit like Villa fans think with Benteke.

Garrido is good going forward, but he lacks pace and consequently tends to stand off attackers. He struggles against quick wingers. One of our problems this season was that our defence collectively, apart from Olsson, was short of pace. There are some good quick wingers in the Championship as well!

We have Surman possibly coming back and have Josh going to make a breakthrough soon, so I would want a pacy left back to understudy Olsson.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Cant see Garrido being here next season,  which I agree would be disappointing;   one of the few city players who actually know how to defend and pass.  

Bizarrely he is currently considered a worse left back than an out of position whittaker [:$]

[/quote]

fair enough, but I thought that Whittaker was one of the stars of our defensive performance against Chelsea. He was everywhere.

He is much maligned, but has his moments.