Sign in to follow this  
#

To David McNally:

Remember Newcastle virtually kept their side together when they got relegated..........and they walked the Chumps (yes, I do know who their manager was!)

If they''re under contract we keep em''.[Y]

For once in you arrogant life listen to us.[:@]

To us?

Firstly what makes you think you even represent 5% of the Norich fans.

Secondly it''s not his job to listen to us.

Thirdly why would we want to keep half the players?

What is clear is that it''s a talented bunch of lads gone wrong. We''re not a Derby 11 points or a Sunderland 15 points, we''re more the Newcastle 41 points or West Ham 42 points end of the scale.

It will do us no good to sell 11 and buy 11 players.

We''ll have the same rubbish excuses we had after this summer after a couple of disappointing early results. 4 or 5 out and 2 or three in with youth players making up for the rest. The ones who can come up with a decent way out that leaves us well off can go, If they can''t, they can stay. I''ll have more sympathy if they give us at least a season and we''re still not looking like going back up.

I can''t believe it, but, I agree with Wiz... to an extent.We should to keep the first team players that we needfor that, my list consists of;RuddyMartin R Benno Olsson/GarridoTettey, Howson, Bradders, FerHooperSnoddy/E benno/ Redmond - Bring Surman back in to the fold and the Murphys. I love Pilkington, one of my favourite players, but he injures far to easily, and the Championship schedule is actually a lot more demanding than the Premier League.Hooper.whether or not I think RVW stays comes down to the manager and the roll he wants to give him. I think he had a very tough season, but I have full faith he can come good. Yes he only scored goals in easier leagues, but many of the goals he scored were amazing. his best assets were positioning and finishing. your positioning quality obviously changes with the quality of the other teams players and marking, but a player doesn''t just lose the ability to Finish (with the odd exemption of Torres, but I believe that''s all mental.) If the manager doesn''t feel comfortable using him next season, I think a loan would suit both parties a lot better than a sale.

A true prophet hey Dave, you prophesied that Adams was the new messiah and the changed your mind 3 weeks later.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To us? Firstly what makes you think you even represent 5% of the Norich fans. Secondly it''s not his job to listen to us. Thirdly why would we want to keep half the players?[/quote]

I''ve renewed my membership so that gives me a small say, whether you or anyone else likes it or not!

Okay not a season ticket holder but I spend the same on other City goodies over a season.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]A true prophet hey David, you prophesied that Adams was the new messiah and the changed your mind 3 weeks later.[/quote]

I''ll still back him if he''s chosen.................next.

We are not a club in crisis, revolution is not the answer. Get a positive manager in that can unlock this squads potential. Trying to play RVW up front on his own was suicidal. This was clear from day one despite his goal. To play one up front, you need an all action type of striker, Bony, RVP, Drogba etc. I would think even Suarez would struggle as a lone striker.

I don''t get wound up with you talking s4it for England wiz, if you get a jolly out of it that''s absolutely fine. Psychotic behavior, but better it be contained here than in the community.

But why oh why are you using a picture from

Fallout on your stupid signature. Please don''t associate yourself with such an awesome video game you are not remotely worthy.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Remember Newcastle virtually kept their side together when they got relegated..........and they walked the Chumps (yes, I do know who their manager was!)

[/quote]The trouble is, you may be within your rights to keep the players together, but how many of them actually want to remain? Hooper was only there to get in the England World Cup spotlight, Snodgrass looks like he''s yearning for a move north of the border and Ruddy definitely deserves to be playing top flight football. Then you''ve got the foreign mercenaries such as Ricky, Leroy, Bassong... how many of those will be up for the fight at Brentford on a Tuesday night? Wolves tried hard to keep their squad together and it backfired as the players simply didn''t have the stomach for the fight.

[quote user="Buh"]I don''t get wound up with you talking s4it for England wiz, if you get a jolly out of it that''s absolutely fine. Psychotic behavior, but better it be contained here than in the community. But why oh why are you using a picture from Fallout on your stupid signature. Please don''t associate yourself with such an awesome video game you are not remotely worthy.[/quote]

Err...................okay.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

1) Lots of players left Newcastle- Owen, Duff, Martins, Viduka and our very own Bassong.

2) That squad was better than ours.

3) You want to keep players who can flourish at this level- for instance I can see that someone like Fer could be great but RVW doesn''t have the physicality for the Premiership and that will only get more obvious in the Championship.

4) Listening to the fans is a terrible idea- I''m pretty sure we weren''t all calling from Lambert after we got rid of Gunn but McNally obviously knows more than us when it comes to this running a football club lark.

5) You don''t speak for ''us.''

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote] 1) Lots of players left Newcastle- Owen, Duff, Martins, Viduka and our very own Bassong. 2) That squad was better than ours. 3) You want to keep players who can flourish at this level- for instance I can see that someone like Fer could be great but RVW doesn''t have the physicality for the Premiership and that will only get more obvious in the Championship. 4) Listening to the fans is a terrible idea- I''m pretty sure we weren''t all calling from Lambert after we got rid of Gunn but McNally obviously knows more than us when it comes to this running a football club lark. 5) You don''t speak for ''us.''[/quote]

Never claimed I actually did, but I am a City fan so ergo I am entitled to be in the ''us'' section.

Listen to the fans, FFS, after going through here and listening to Canary Call just now, that''s the very last thing the Board should be doing-there are last resorts and thats one of them!

We''re fans for a reason. We''re emotionally involved; we''re irrational, we''re illogical. we''re egotists and we''re never ever wrong. In short, yes, just the sort of reasoned, progressive and sensible sort of people the board should be consulting with regard to the future of the club. And Wiz, don''t make your own individual issues an "us", say what you have to say by all means, but its a case of "...for once in your arrogant life, listen to me" isn''t it?

Whatever actions the club takes in the coming weeks and months, there are likely to be few, if any, that meet with absolute, total 100% approval from the entire fanbase. So they can never truly "listen" to the fans. Let them get on with it and let us debate and bicker over what happens in the meantime. And if you want a voice in and around the boardroom, sink in the cash and earn it that way.

Hooper was prepared to go to QPR before we came in at the last minute, yes money probably played a large part, but a lot may also have come from the manager being Redknapp, and the likeliness of them being promoted right away (many though it would be the case.) Unfortunately, I agree with Snodgrass. I wouldn''t use the word yearning, it feels a little strong. but with him winning Scotland''s POTY he doesn''t exactly have to worry about selection any time soon, and Celtic are his boyhood team, he would be unlikely to turn them down. However, he is also the type of player to take responsibility on his shoulders. before leaving Leeds for us, he sat down with the manager and owners and decided he had done all he could there, which he had. However this season he was quite poor up til late December, I don''t think he will take that lightly.Ruddy deserves top flight football, but he has stated his commitment to the club and his desire for consistent football before. unless a top half team comes in with the need of a starting keeper, I don''t see him leaving. Bassong, hardly a foreign mercenary, he clearly had passion for the team. however this season he showed his main issue from Newcastle, Spurs, wolves that didn''t occur last season, and that is his lack of consistency. I would be sad to see him go but it wouldn''t be the end of the world. Fer came from a club that played at a very similar level he will be playing next season. Most top flight clubs will recognize his inconsistency from the past season. at his best he is unplayable, and a season in the championship could just be what he needs to gain that consistancy. he is still young, and shouldn''t be in such a rush.and Ricky, to me, is a blank page. I have no idea what will happen there.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Listen to the fans, FFS, after going through here and listening to Canary Call just now, that''s the very last thing the Board should be doing-there are last resorts and thats one of them!

We''re fans for a reason. We''re emotionally involved; we''re irrational, we''re illogical. we''re egotists and we''re never ever wrong. In short, yes, just the sort of reasoned, progressive and sensible sort of people the board should be consulting with regard to the future of the club. And Wiz, don''t make your own individual issues an "us", say what you have to say by all means, but its a case of "...for once in your arrogant life, listen to me" isn''t it?

Whatever actions the club takes in the coming weeks and months, there are likely to be few, if any, that meet with absolute, total 100% approval from the entire fanbase. So they can never truly "listen" to the fans. Let them get on with it and let us debate and bicker over what happens in the meantime. And if you want a voice in and around the boardroom, sink in the cash and earn it that way.

[/quote]

Okay, lets do it your way Shuck.

Had THEY listened to ME we would still be a Premier side..............better?

The Fer comment is what gets me, he''s everything the championship isn''t. Need players who are hungry and passionate, want to do well. Too many times this season he was dopey at best.

Snodders will be off up North and I wouldn''t be shocked if we had a lot to pay on Hooper still and Celtic took him back on the cheap.

Realistically it will be a rebuild jobby next season, a mix of experience is needed whilst bringing through the youth. Target a couple of experienced guys who know what needs doing.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]The trouble is, you may be within your rights to keep the players together, but how many of them actually want to remain? Hooper was only there to get in the England World Cup spotlight, Snodgrass looks like he''s yearning for a move north of the border and Ruddy definitely deserves to be playing top flight football. Then you''ve got the foreign mercenaries such as Ricky, Leroy, Bassong... how many of those will be up for the fight at Brentford on a Tuesday night? Wolves tried hard to keep their squad together and it backfired as the players simply didn''t have the stomach for the fight.[/quote]

This breaks down into two different factors-

1) Finances. For at least the first season we should be in a position to not sell anyone with a long term contract that we don''t want to (unless they have release clauses).

2) Motivation- I agree that players like Fer and RVW will not want to be playing in this league. Both could easily move abroad (Holland, Spain, Portugal) and I think both probably will. Hooper is a different case though- his 6 goals are unlikely to convince many Premier League clubs to part with the required £5-6m to get him and there is no point in a sideways move to another Championship team or a return to Scotland. If come the end of season we don''t challenge for promotion then I can see him leaving.

We have what should have been a mid table finish side, it''s not players.we need and keeping most would be best I think, getting the right manager in is what is neended and get the best out of the existing players is more than enough to top the championship next year

Firstly a message to Wiz, you managed to clock up 25k posts primarily by responding to the same post on numerous posts. I count 4 on this post you seemed to have got over this habit however you know have reverted to your previous self, please stop place your post and wait to see what people think. Morty will be mortyfied as he is trying valiantly trying to get your posting record by doing the same.

Having said that your anti Hughton stance from day one was spot on wished more people had listened.

Following relegation Newcastle sold Bassong to Tottenham for £8m, could we do the same would bite their hands off for £8 to get what must be a £40k salary (conservative estimate) off the wage bill. Very much doubt if Seb has relegation clause.

LOL, if you say so Wiz, you''d better get down to the ground, demand an audience and get things moving!

If players get better offers from other clubs they will be off like a shot and there is very little a club can do about it, the contract means very little if a player wants to be bolshie.

There will be players we choose not to keep and players who choose not to stay

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To us? Firstly what makes you think you even represent 5% of the Norich fans. Secondly it''s not his job to listen to us. Thirdly why would we want to keep half the players?[/quote]

I''ve renewed my membership so that gives me a small say, whether you or anyone else likes it or not!

Okay not a season ticket holder but I spend the same on other City goodies over a season.

[/quote]

Wow, you spend £340 on "other City goodies over a season", that''s very impressive or a lie

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wow, you spend £340 on "other City goodies over a season", that''s very impressive or a lie

[/quote]
Indeed. And it would actually be more logical to buy the season ticket.
I call bull$hit.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I often eat in Yellows squitty.............its not cheap.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed. And it would actually be more logical to buy the season ticket.

I call bull$hit.

[/quote]

Fancy a meet up in Yellows mortia?................my treat.