Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Good Job Chris (Martin)

After the other thread having a dig at Hughton, it''s good to see another Chris doing so well for Derby. Scored a pen & his shot hit the bar before hitting the keeper and going in.

Good to see he seems to have found his feet and proving himself at championship level.

Is he turning into the player we need?

[quote user="YellowFC"]No pace , dumped by Lambert. Not prem quality no thanks[/quote]

Perhaps you haven''t got it yet ,,,, we aren''t in the Prem . He is one of the championships top scorers ...23 /24 for the season ..... he might well be on his way back to the prem!!

Binner

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="YellowFC"]No pace , dumped by Lambert. Not prem quality no thanks[/quote]

Perhaps you haven''t got it yet ,,,, we aren''t in the Prem . He is one of the championships top scorers ...23 /24 for the season ..... he might well be on his way back to the prem!! Binner[/quote]

[:D]

I''d swap RVW for him now. Unfortunately I think they would decline.

People are unhappy about the idea of a unproven Championship Manager, but would ignore a now proven Championship Striker as not good enough for us?

20 goals and 8 assists puts him joint 6th for scorers and joint 10th for assists, not bad for a player who isn''t good enough. The telling thing for me is he has had far less shots than most of the guys around him for his goals. Only 90 shots for 20 goals is a great conversion rate.

I''m happy he is doing well, wish it was going to be for us next year.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Would rather have Van Wolfswinkel.[/quote]

You''ve got Van Wolfswinkel mate - what''s he done for you?

Great to see him doing well. Perfect penalty kick and a fantastic strike for the second. If derby make it i hope he gets another chance at that level.

If Brighton don''t make it I wonder if we''ll resurrect our interest in CMS. Always assuming he is fully recovered from injury. He''s 30 now and will probably looking for a last decent contract and for me he could become the type of talisman we''re missing.

Getting away from the region and the off the field baggage I think has been a huge help for him as well. I think most could see he had talent but was frustrating at the same time.

When you consider a decision you should always do so based on the circumstances at the time.

These were that CM was crying out for a move away from Norwich for a variety of reasons. His form was also indifferent. Last season saw him score 1 goal in 12 appearance for Swindon and 3 goals in 12 matches for Derby. If he had been considered as a frontline striker for this season there would have been uproar on these boards.