Sign in to follow this  
pete

Ticket readers

Can these differentiate between Under 21 and over 65 tickets when used by an adult?

Just interested

How does that logic work Deltic Troll?

I have been to every home game this season and as I have an adult''s season ticket, have no clue whether the system differentiates between children, adults, and over 65s? Short of going to the game with one of each or using a different season ticket every time you go, how is someone supposed to know this?

The light on the machine flashes a different colour for each different ticket. The person in the turnstile I would assume monitors it.

You''d like to think so wouldn''t you Morty :)

Pretty cool they flash different colours. Having only ever used my own, it''s red, and then it flashes green. Maskes sense that it just went green to say "in you go".

Although I don''t use the turnstiles as they opened up the doors to The Barclay so you just pop your card in the machine and wander off.

It''s the same with Oyster cards in London- if its a kid ticket the beeping noise is different to an adults so means people can''t sneak in under-age.

Thanks for the feedback lads. I have only seen Red and Green lights on the readers. Was wondering if the £55 charge for upgrading U21 and Over 60 could be readily avoided.

I have been once or twice Deltic you knob.

[quote user="king canary"]It''s the same with Oyster cards in London- if its a kid ticket the beeping noise is different to an adults so means people can''t sneak in under-age.[/quote]I didn''t know that, and live half my life in the capital. There we are, every day really is a school day (albeit one where there is a supply teacher who has no real control but today managed to impart one small piece of trivia into my less than receptive brain)

I have used my adult and Dad''s oap ticket for younger/older people no problem.

They are not bothered unless you get a jobs worth, but not probs, just do it!