Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Will there be a Board meeting today

I do not have a clue but i would be gobsmacked if there is not. Sunday promises to be a very unpleasant and flat atmosphere with every potential for recrimination. The supporters need and deserve swift action by the Board in relation to the new manager as well as an apology for what has happened. If this happens it will probably take the heat out of the situation and we can all move on and hopefully forward. If we have pathetic deliberation ie we will interview 100 applicants rubbish that we have had in years gone by then we may descend into Wolves type double relegation spin. If we get it right next season could and and indeed should be a very pleasant and enjoyable affair

I actually think the atmosphere on Sunday will be fairly positive; for the first time in months we can just enjoy a game of football with nothing riding on it.I do hope though the club decide no to bother with the lap of (dis)honour after the match.

Yorkshire Canary wrote the following post at 08/05/2014 9:16 AM:

I do not have a clue but i would be gobsmacked if there is not. Sunday promises to be a very unpleasant and flat atmosphere with every potential for recrimination. The supporters need and deserve swift action by the Board in relation to the new manager as well as an apology for what has happened. If this happens it will probably take the heat out of the situation and we can all move on and hopefully forward. If we have pathetic deliberation ie we will interview 100 applicants rubbish that we have had in years gone by then we may descend into Wolves type double relegation spin. If we get it right next season could and and indeed should be a very pleasant and enjoyable affair

Interesting thought Yorkshire. I don''t don''t really know what to expect on Sunday., my thoughts last night were that there would be a sort of resigned almost black humour about the day with most people not looking for recrimination. However if we do get a thrashing, which I doubt, then I guess the mood from the game itself may spill over into something more nasty. I think having Neil there will in fact be a massive calming influence on the crowd, had Hughton still been there then it may well have got out of hand. Hard one to call.

We haven''t actually been relegated yet so why would they announce anything?

[quote user="Nicko"]We haven''t actually been relegated yet so why would they announce anything?[/quote]

just need a one word answer to this - Do you ACTUALLY think we will win 19-0 on sunday?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Nicko"]We haven''t actually been relegated yet so why would they announce anything?[/quote]just need a one word answer to this - Do you ACTUALLY think we will win 19-0 on sunday?[/quote]Unless he''s hoping that Sunderland get a points deduction from the current legal action?Can''t see it happening tbh, but stranger things have happened (even if we don''t deserve to stay up this season).

Yes the board need top act fast in getting in a new permanent manager, but what we don''t need is a knee jerk reaction. If it takes a few weeks to source the right manager for the job then so be it....it is not as if there will be much happening in domestic football until after the World Cup anyway.  As for the atmosphere on Sunday....there will be no negativity coming from me. What is done is done and I for one am already looking forward to next season with optimism.

Moo

I suspect our new manager already knows who he is and decisions on some players have already been made.

Spare a thought ( I am not one of them ) for a large number of Carrow Road non playing staff who today wake up to very uncertain futures. Like most here they have families to keep and none of this is their fault.

[quote user="We b back"]I suspect our new manager already knows who he is and decisions on some players have already been made.

Spare a thought ( I am not one of them ) for a large number of Carrow Road non playing staff who today wake up to very uncertain futures. Like most here they have families to keep and none of this is their fault.[/quote]
I wouldnt have thought that there will be people laid off? Mcnally trimmed the staff down a few years ago, so I doubt there is much of a surplus.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="We b back"]I suspect our new manager already knows who he is and decisions on some players have already been made. Spare a thought ( I am not one of them ) for a large number of Carrow Road non playing staff who today wake up to very uncertain futures. Like most here they have families to keep and none of this is their fault.[/quote]

I wouldnt have thought that there will be people laid off? Mcnally trimmed the staff down a few years ago, so I doubt there is much of a surplus.

[/quote]

There will be fairly significant losses in jobs in the non-playing side of things. The club will have considerably fewer media commintments to uphold and I''m sure the marketing team will be trimmed fairly heavily to reflect the fact the club won''t be arranging any US promotional tours anymore etc.

Staff was trimmed whilst Norwich were a League One club, it would have grown again after being in the Prem a couple of seasons.

Whilst i do feel sad that people lose their jobs the gravy train that is the EPL means an obscene amount is spent on wages and why did/do we need so many back room staff

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Stranger things have happened? Than a 19-0 win on the final day? Really????[/quote]

[:D]

If we were playing in Nigeria it wouldn''t be too far fetched.

I cant see it being such a bad atmosphere, the majority will now have accepted the situation,moved on and will be out to enjoy the final day of the season if possible.....why wouldnt you, anger now cannot change anything.

I am sure the board have made plans, but they should wait until after the match until making announcements regarding the future, particularly as we have a manager in place right now and they actually do have plenty of time.

As for behind the scenes losing their jobs, that would of course be sad, but the club will know how many staff they need to run as a Championship club in the same way they knew how many as a EPL club, and surely you need less in the Championship for previously stated reasons.  

There are bound to be some staff reductions, and Norwich as a City will suffer a lower profile world wide.

Why do they need to apologise? Even if Hughton was sacked at Xmas there is no guarantee that we would have survived. The Premier League is a hard league and the additions to the squad were quite simply not good enough.

It amuses me that people are finally realising that it was Hughton''s poor signings that were the problem; at the time he was universally praised for his acuity in this department, by fans & pundits alike.

You could almost argue that he did well to keep us one win away from mid-table for most of the season, given the players he ended up with.

[quote user="Barossa"]Why do they need to apologise? Even if Hughton was sacked at Xmas there is no guarantee that we would have survived. The Premier League is a hard league and the additions to the squad were quite simply not good enough.[/quote]
I am glad somebody gets it[Y]