Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Not one man that could unite us

I''m struggling to think of any manager that could come in and unite the fans.

Pep guardiola could come in and some would have a go at him for being a "know it all"

If Neil Adams got the job it''d take 6 months I reckon before the section of fans that don''t believe in him have isolated him and completely torn him to pieces including his legacy playing days. Now that''s sad.

Lennon is a violent loudmouth playing pub football, sherwood is a know it all talking above his station yaddahyaddahyaddah blahblahblah!

Grant holt could rock up at carrow road on a flying unicorn and it would be slated.

I don''t know if any of you guys watch family guy but when I see some of the critisism on here I think "hmm yes shallow and pedantic"

Disagree, the manager who gets us in and around the top three next season and a final automatic promotion spot WILL unite the fans regardless of who he is. BUT, the problem will definately come the following season should we be in the EPL where unrealistic expectations will take over, and very quickly the manager if we are not comfortably clear of the drop zone, whoever he is will be the subject of an "XXXXX OUT" campaign, thats just how it goes.  

Trouble is Dubai Mark a promotion run if poss is at least a year away. When the new boss is appointed the fans WILL be split whoever it is. Go back to the appointment of Lambert. Some of the comments about him on the day of appointment look laughable now.

Whoever it is it will undoubtedly termed Little Norwich, god I hate that phrase.

I''m coming round to the Malky idea, I think he will pretty much fit what the board are looking for in our current situation.

I would be very very surprised if the fans failed to unite behind him, very surprised indeed.

[quote user="Jenkins"]I''m coming round to the Malky idea, I think he will pretty much fit what the board are looking for in our current situation. I would be very very surprised if the fans failed to unite behind him, very surprised indeed.[/quote]

You mean cheap, middle of the road yes man?  He is no better than Hughton and would therefore not be an improvement IMO.

Personally, I would not like to see him here as manager.

The daggers are already out for malky. Marked man already.

I''ve a sneaking feeling that if a new guy, whoever he is, comes in and from the off in August we start playing good football and winning games, and are near the top of the table, the ''unity'' of fans will, as if by magic, reappear.There''s nothing like a winning team  for making fans happy.

Reggie is spot on. We won''t be united over any choice of manager - unless they win games for us. Like I just said in another thread - I''d hate to have Allerdyce here, but if he won us the title we''d all love him. Trouble is, we''d then turn on him just like Wet Spam fans.

The only thing I want is a good youngish manager who looks like a long term bet. Someone who can get the passing game philosophy back at Carra Rud and build on it.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Disagree, the manager who gets us in and around the top three next season and a final automatic promotion spot WILL unite the fans regardless of who he is. BUT, the problem will definately come the following season should we be in the EPL where unrealistic expectations will take over, and very quickly the manager if we are not comfortably clear of the drop zone, whoever he is will be the subject of an "XXXXX OUT" campaign, thats just how it goes.  [/quote]Unrealistic expectations?What the f*ck are you on about? Most Norwich fans I know (and me) just wanted to stay up.Go and support Burnley, they''ll be Premier League next season. Plenty of streams for you.

It''s interesting, isn''t it, that since relegation, there have been a lot of these ''unrealistic expectations'' posts ?I do not recall the culprits waxing lyrical last August about unrealistic expectations, armed as we were with our new, improved squad , expensively assembled. No, thee was plenty of talk about consolidation, mid table finishes, outside bets for Europe and the like.As RvW4YC says above, the more level headed of us were always happy just to stay out of trouble, and what''s been particularly disappointing about this season is that, however you dress it up, we''ve been in trouble from the off.