Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Ashton for Manager?

Reading his interview, it does seem that Ashton seems to have his head screwed on more than the gaffer - "We were in a very comfortable position and we were looking good for the win. But then we went and shot ourselves in the foot by conceding goals. I think we have given two points away today". Thank god! Someone admits we gave two points away rather than gained a point.

It seems to me that if we''re going to do well next season, we need Ashton at his best. He''s quickly became our best player, and he works well with Hucks, McKenzie, Franny and everyone really.

From when he made his debut for crewe i kept an eye on how he was progressing. i always wanted to see him in a canaries shirt and my dream came true in january. for me heis theplayer of the season already because its since he''s been playingthat he''s brought other players to life, such as mckenzie who has also started scoring. andeach of his five goals forus have all been quality goals, andhecreates as well like the cross for leon''s goal v united. I pray that he stays with us and doesn''t leave us in the summer because with him we will come straight back up if we go down.

I''ve even got a new england shirt with the number 10 and his name on the back!  

...and I was riducled by that wizard thing when I stated that Deano would get 40 goals next season (in the Championship).

I now reckon he will get 50 or probably more. 

May even push for the 100 on his own. The bloke is a genius.

The whole thing makes me think of 1995 when we got relegated.  We bought Big Ash Ward around Christmas, he scored 7 goals and finished the season as top scorer and we got relegated.

Expect Ashton to join Derby next Spring in a cut price deal to help clear the debts.

I know you are joking, but Derby have pretty massive debts so I think Ipswich is more likely!

[quote]Reading his interview, it does seem that Ashton seems to have his head screwed on more than the gaffer - "We were in a very comfortable position and we were looking good for the win. But then we went ...[/quote]

you would have to be pretty stupid not to realise we lost two points though.

:plainon''t even joke about that susie, thats a very scary thought even though it will never happen.

It seems as if the Binners are uncertain about trying to make Unsworth''s deal permanent for next season, perhaps because they don''t have the money to do so long-term if they remain in the Fizzy League.  Don''t think we need to be worrying about them having enough shirt buttons to buy any of our players in that case, well not any of the ones that we must seek to keep.  Breathe easy Francesco and listen to the wise words of Roger Munby yesterday.  Robert Chase he is not - thank goodness!!!

[quote]...and I was riducled by that wizard thing when I stated that Deano would get 40 goals next season (in the Championship). I now reckon he will get 50 or probably more. May even push for the 100 on...[/quote]

Wizard thing?, Noddy G, really!.

Firstly. Don''t be too sure mate, that Deano will even be here next season.

Secondly. Are we down yet?.

Thirdly. Insults will get you no respect on here and I always give as good, if not better then I get!.

[quote]It seems as if the Binners are uncertain about trying to make Unsworth''s deal permanent for next season, perhaps because they don''t have the money to do so long-term if they remain in the Fizzy League...[/quote]

Are you that sure he''s not like Chase, Susie?.

IMO, words like forked and tongue spring to mind when referring to the Munby one!.

Hurrah! I knew it wouldn''t take long!

Hardly an insult really.

I accepted relegation after the drivel that was West Ham and Villa - found it easier to deal with than blindly plodding until some time in April.  And before you all prepare to repost this when we miraculously stay up at Fulham then I will state that we do still have a faint chance, even a glimmer.

After 1995 and shedding a tear at Elland Road because no one had really contemplated relegation all season my intrenal therapist told me that this was the way forward.

I am not looking for friends on here - this is a place to express my opinion when I read something that I feel needs it.  This board is only a way of wasting time at work and not my life.

im certainly glad the players dont think like you nobby!! and im glad we still have some fans that will give the team faith and support!

I knew posts like this would follow, which is why I was trying to explain how they still have my support and I will be at Fulham on the last day to thank them for their efforts this season whatever happens.

I was also trying to explain that after those games in January I thought that we would probably go down and rather than say that I never saw it coming in May when and if it does... I chose to accept it then.  Nowhere did I state that they do not have my support. 

Threads like this always end up with the "I support them more than you nonesense".  Mainly these arguments are won by older people.  Difficult to compete sometimes given that birth didn''t happen until 1976.

I was being realistic and maybe pessimistic...which then makes the good stuff even better.  Rather than being overly optimistic and then being crushed when a hugely realistic thing happens like leeds last year and Southampton this year.  As has been stated on here loads before most people expected it to be tight with 5 games to go.  We are still clinging on but are the huge favourites to go.

If you work out how many points we need to survive and then see what that means we need to do in the last 5 games.  We have only one 4 from 33 and we are now wanting 3 or 4 from 5.

We can beat any of Newcastle, Charlton, Southampton, Birmingham and Fulham. That is not in doubt. Can we pick up nearly half the points we have managed all season in these 5 games?

I thought Man City at home was our last chance, I then thought Palace away was our last chance, I now think tomorrow night is our last chance.

And I wiil probably think the same against Charlton.

As for the players thinking the same - the only thing that is missing is the "mathematically certain" phrase.  What else do you expect the club to say. 

This is all cobblers - this post was about DEANO and his rise to player manager and the new Championship goal scoring record.....of 120.

i can see where your coming from and you''ve made some good points. i dont think we''ll quite see eye to eye on this issue though.

the way i see it, is if you accept the fate of relagation, then you''re losing hope. Hope is what the game is all about, we all spend a fortune to watch week in week out, and all the passion, joy and tears that it brings all comes down to hope. If you lose that, then really you''ve lost what football is about. I''ll never give up hope. Your right, we do have a very slim chance of survival, but saying that, it IS still a chance. However small, you still have to keep that glimmer of hope in your mind. Things are different now to what they were last time we were relegated, if we go down now, it will be a great dissapointment, though not disasterous, but if we stay up, it will be a phenominal achievement, and one to remember for decades to come. Thats why i''ll allways back the team, and i''ll allways have that hope and belief that we CAN do this.

for the record, this isn''t an "i support the team more than you post", i hate that type of people. We all support the team in different ways, and i respect and welcome the support of every fan, however they do it.

-----------"I was being realistic and maybe pessimistic...which then makes the good stuff even better.  Rather than being overly optimistic and then being crushed when a hugely realistic thing happens like leeds last year and Southampton this year. "-----------

dont you think the result is so much sweeter if you''ve held the hope and belief that something can happen against all odds, than if you give up, then think "blimey, it did happen after all, thats nice, shame i gave up really"

i dont want this to turn into an argument, just wanted to state my opinions on the subject, as i only gave a snide remark earlier.

Good Lad!

It is nice to have a "conversation" with someone on here and both understanding but not agreeing with the different stand points.

Supporting a football club is for a long time and not just for a good time.  It is a real life soap opera and not just a short term buzz. 

And as Mr Worthy said to me the other week he tries to to keep his emotions in relative check whether we have won or lost - flatten out both the highs and the lows.  A much saner way to live and work.

Relegation will be very disappointing, but not unexpected... this will obviously not dull the pain of IF and when it happens.  

Anyway I reckon Deano could be leading goalscorer in the 2006 World Cup - bagging 14 as England get knocked out in the second round.