Sign in to follow this  
worsethandeath

Why aren't people more angry?

Thought I''d join in to express how confused I am that the majority on here seem to be accepting of relegation or even looking forward to it.We got incredibly lucky with Lambert. Everything seemed to go our way. We''d sign unknown/lower league players who did amazingly well for us, play poorly and win (usually in the last few minutes!), thrashed Ipswich home and away without moving into second gear. All of that now has gone, wasted. You may argue about parachute payments but look at QPR, Blackburn (with 25-30 goal a season Rhodes), Reading...people seem to assume we''re there for a year, to tonk Ipswich again, and win the league by March. We were meant to keep improving, to never have to play Ipswich again, to keep making record signings on international superstars...we may not ever have as much luck as we did before. I''m completely ****ed off it''s all been wasted.

Because most people accepted relegation as a certainty when the board continued to back a failing manager months ago. It''s hardly come as a surprise to most of us.

First sensible post tonight. Clearly the board must take most of the blame, new manager must be appointed ASAP,, correct choice must be made, sort the wheat from the cr... amongst the players. GET A COUPLE OF DECENT STRIKERS.

What''s the point in getting angry about it now? It''s been the obvious outcome for months.

People are looking forward to the Championship because they''re trying to look for the bright side. Or we could all jump off the roof of the Jarrold at half time on Sunday?

"You may argue about parachute payments but look at QPR, Blackburn (with 25-30 goal a season Rhodes), Reading."Don''t forget we will be going down with over 60million over 3 times more than any of those teams

Grrrrr (lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth), checked the Beeb Red Button, seems getting angry has not altered anything, we are still relegated. Just having a look out of the lounge window, yep street lights still on and the world does not appear to have ended and watching the Beeb news would suggest there are lots of people around the world who have far more to worry about than a relegated football team......

It''s because the writing has been on the wall since Christmas and most of us have been expecting it.

Apart from those deluded souls..

I am still annoyed, embarrassed. The season was a whimper and there is no scapegoat. It has been a season which is a failure for all involved.

II expected us to be fighting for any position above 17th, we don''t have the finances and players. We missed out in the summer, made poor signings in January, when we needed some help.

We all knew we had to beat the teams that came up and those around us, we didn''t and we needed to be safe before these games.

The biggest decision is now to get the right manager in with some house and genuine experience to build a team for a top six finish in a very tough division and hopefully have a manager that can bring in experienced players for that campaign that can lift into the premiership. I think Gutierrez may be right with his text in that in order to get quality we need a manager who can bring that in. We need to be making a statement early.

I still can''t believe though that penalty at Chelsea for Sunderland and man u''s no show against Sunderland.

But yes we are certainly all annoyed but I agree we were resigned to it much earlier on and living in hope. Funny we were all most doing it last season.

a) It''s been coming for a long time, and b) most people would probably not admit (but secretly believe) that the Prem is really quite s*it for a team like Norwich in terms of entertainment.

...because some people are bright enough to realise that it was inevitable regardless of board and manager given the clubs relative finances...

Because alot of us have been here so many times before. You kind of get used to it in a way. We''ll be back up there followed by another relegation at some point in the future.

[quote user="I.S."]a) It''s been coming for a long time, and b) most people would probably not admit (but secretly believe) that the Prem is really quite s*it for a team like Norwich in terms of entertainment.[/quote]

[Y]

People are angry.  But, as others have said, relegation had been on the cards for a long, long time.  Their anger has already been expressed many times over already.  Sadly, the board didn''t listen to supporters in the second half of last season, or over the summer, or during this season and the club has paid the price.What matters now is putting it right.  But it may take several years.

Without question, the board made a mistake hanging onto Hughton. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we have underachieved greatly this season. But is it all that bad - a question for anyone who cares to answer?

Would you prefer spending time as a yo-yo club, with the excitement of a promotion challenge and then a survival challenge, or mid-table mediocrity in the Prem?

As others have said, I''m annoyed because it''s been looking like heading this way for a long time. The last year and a half really.

I mean I accept that Norwich City will be relegated/promoted a few more times in my life (hopefully I''ll live long enough to see it anyway) but it just feels there''s not been enough urgency around keeping us in the Prem this time. Almost a complacency.

This January window was basically a disaster but the January before was bad too. Lessons weren''t learnt.

And that goes throughout the season too. We''ve stuck with things that haven''t worked.

We had the time to put things right. There were plenty of warning signs. We simply failed to act until it was too late.

It''s because it''s Norwich City. It''s what we do. Been following them since the 60''s. It will happen again & again. It is inevitable. One had to be philosophical. Move on to the next chapter. NCFC the roller coaster!

Cos we are still not in as much debt as you OP and we actually own our ground unlike you s(um at Portaloo Rd hahaha.

Totally agree with the OP.

I wanted Clueless out at the end of last season (as anyone who knows me will tell you). This is a totally wasted chance, and furthermore I want to see a statement of intent from the board. Not some lilly-livered ''we''ll do all we can'' cobblers.

Truth is we spent big money on players who were not good enough, who were managed by a manager who was not good enough.

Next year we are in a league where the players we have will be good enough.

Relax............

We have been sleepwalking to the championship for months but the board were too slow to react. Now we have fallen down the stairs the board may wake up to our predicament

Fulham''s board acted earlier. So did Cardiff''s, Sunderland''s and Swansea''s. What makes people sooooo certain we would have stayed up?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Fulham''s board acted earlier. So did Cardiff''s, Sunderland''s and Swansea''s. What makes people sooooo certain we would have stayed up?

[/quote]In most people''s cases, I would guess that it wasn''t so much certainty that we would stay up with a change of manager, but certainty that we would go down with Hughton in charge. Of course it''s easy with hindsight, but we were a one-dimensional team who lost the ability to even scrap the narrow victories upon which Hughton''s style relied.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yes it looks like the bottom 4 all changed their managers so clearly it is not a guaranteed solution. I think we should have changed earlier but what impact it would have made we will never know.

Robert Brompton

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]In most people''s cases, I would guess that it wasn''t so much certainty that we would stay up with a change of manager, but certainty that we would go down with Hughton in charge. Of course it''s easy with hindsight, but we were a one-dimensional team who lost the ability to even scrap the narrow victories upon which Hughton''s style relied.[/quote]

Well I don''t think that''s the way it was. I think most people thought we''d do enough to survive until the WBA game. There was no obvious point where most people thought we''d go down until then. It would have been different if Hughton had lost the players. In fact quite the opposite was true and he managed to get them all to play for him, even the unhappy ones like Wes. I guess a few are angry now because if he hadn''t been sacked last month they''d still feel like they got their pound of flesh when we was sacked after relegation.

[quote user="I.S."]Without question, the board made a mistake hanging onto Hughton. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we have underachieved greatly this season. But is it all that bad - a question for anyone who cares to answer?

Would you prefer spending time as a yo-yo club, with the excitement of a promotion challenge and then a survival challenge, or mid-table mediocrity in the Prem?[/quote]
Yoyo every time.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]In most people''s cases, I would guess that it wasn''t so much certainty that we would stay up with a change of manager, but certainty that we would go down with Hughton in charge. Of course it''s easy with hindsight, but we were a one-dimensional team who lost the ability to even scrap the narrow victories upon which Hughton''s style relied.[/quote]

Well I don''t think that''s the way it was. I think most people thought we''d do enough to survive until the WBA game. There was no obvious point where most people thought we''d go down until then. It would have been different if Hughton had lost the players. In fact quite the opposite was true and he managed to get them all to play for him, even the unhappy ones like Wes. I guess a few are angry now because if he hadn''t been sacked last month they''d still feel like they got their pound of flesh when we was sacked after relegation.

[/quote]I don''t doubt there were more than a few with that mindset. I''d like to consider myself relatively diplomatic when it comes to supporting my team, but I have to say that this season under Hughton sucked all the joy out of watching Norwich. I don''t want to play the ''I told you so'' game, because I had come to the conclusion that if the board were going to stick with CH we should all get behind him and the players to maximise our chances of survival. However, given those last four games looming large, the need for results became more and more urgent, and the players looked less and less likely to deliver those results. Other than Sunderland at home, how many games out of 37 this season did we genuinely dominate? Cardiff at home we were very unlucky, Stoke away we were very disciplined, and West Ham at home we powered back from a goal down to win with something to spare. Sure there were other games where we did well enough, or were unlucky not to win, but we played like a team frightened of getting beaten, and ended up too frightened to win. The writing was on the wall a long time ago as far as I''m concerned. I guess you''ll disagree with me on that score, but we''re all City fans at the end of the day.