Sign in to follow this  
TheRock

Big Sam next season? Any takers?

This is going to drive some posters on here mad, there are rumours that Big Sam is leaving / getting the boot at West Ham.He could be just the man to get us out of the championship, despite the "less pretty" style of football he plays.Opinions? [um]

I say no now, but if come may he''s managed us to promotion, I''ll love him. Thing is, we all know what would happen next. Not really a good long term option. I''d rather we build with a young, ambitious manager, even if we only come 7th or something this year. As long as we''re playing the right way - ie on the floor, and without fear, then I''ll be happy enough.

[quote user="TheRock"]This is going to drive some posters on here mad, there are rumours that Big Sam is leaving / getting the boot at West Ham.

He could be just the man to get us out of the championship, despite the "less pretty" style of football he plays.

Opinions? [um]
[/quote]

There''s already been a big thread on here regarding this topic.

My answer was yes, of course you''d want him here as he''d almost certainly guarantee promotion. And the football West Ham played in their promotion season wasn''t bad, I seem to remember them being very attacking. It was just the football they played after promotion which has irritated the Hammers fans. But they''re all c*cks so who cares? He''s kept them up with ease. What''s the problem?!

In previous thread I said yes, and my opinion now we will be in the Championship is an even stronger yes, the ideal manager to get us straight back up. 

A yes from me. And more fool West Ham fans for booing him following that Upton Park victory.

Would get us out of the Championship and he''s never been relegated from the Prem. And he knows how to organise a defence so they don''t leak silly amounts of goals against the big boys, as we have done to our great cost this year.

Both he and Pulis have teams that defend well and counter quickly - what''s not to like?

Culturally, Big Sam is an unlikely fit. Having said that, whoever thought he’d go to the big smoke and blow bubbles with West Ham?

Is the perceived ‘Norwich way’ much different to the ‘West Ham way’?

Yes, he’s a great figurehead and would seem to be a safe pair of hands to get us back to the big league - however I suspect many Norwich fans would soon moan about lack of first team flair…

I read with interest the post about building a footballing philosophy, a la Southampton/Swansea. Under Allardyce the best we could hope for is Stoke-style football in the Premier League. I would rather gamble on a long-term appointment of a young, hungry manager around whom we can build a genuinely exciting style of football; however, if Sam got us back to the top-flight we might be in the market for a higher calibre of manager to replace him, as with Southampton and Pochettino. Can''t stand the guy or his tactics, but you''d at least expect us to get results.