Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

The first voice we hear, post relegation...

Not impressed with the club letting the blameless Neil Adams be the first voice we hear post relegation. I''m sure he won''t mind fielding questions about it from the local and national media, but surely McNally should''ve said something by now.

Neil, although he wanted the job, was given an almost impossible task of keeping us up and now that same man has to field questions about a relegation that isn''t really his fault? I know he''s the manager but I see this as being extremely unfair of the club. It''s as if they''re just hanging Neil out to dry.

McNally should''ve said something by now. He assured us, on April 7th, that we "wouldn''t go down". He should be in this pre-match press conference. Bassong should too. Useless, lazy player.

I''d agree that neither McN or Bassong have exactly covered themselves in glory over the last few months. Overpromised and underdelivered, which is a cardinal sin in my book.Why can''t these people learn just to keep their gobs shut, especially when they have nothing tangible to say ? Hughton was a past master at it.Difficult to fault Adams on that score yet.

Whilst I''m always a backer of DM, I am disappointed that there isn''t any statement on the official website from DM/the board, and that he hasn''t been on the radio or anything yet. Maybe that will come after Sunday but really something should have been issued this week. I suppose that all parties may be taking stock with regard to how we go forward this season, which may account for some delay, but something should have been said by now.

Although it is pretty much a done deal, we are not, technically, actually relegated yet.

Yeah I''ve also been impressed with McNally generally since he''s been here, but not this week - he does need to put his head above the parapet right now.

We''re all grown ups, and the reality is we''ve been relegated. 

Everyone knows the damage was done before Adams was brought in, and it was just a desperate late gamble to try to turn things around.  He shouldn''t be left holding the baby.

McNally should be doing that.

I struggle to understand what people want here, I guess its all just part of wanting to blame someone and somehow vent at them.
What you want him to say exactly? 
He will tell you that up until the game we lost to West Brom Chris Hughton was still on target to keep us up ( and I suspect he would have gone at the end of the season) he will then go on to say it was the fans reaction after the game that made the sacking inevitable ( so you got what you wanted)
Do you want him to beg for forgiveness or something?

As Morty says, we are not technically relegated yet. I expect a statement from McNally sometime next week.As for Adams making a statement, I expect this in response to questions at his pre-match press conference which usually takes place on a Thursday.Moo

morty wrote the following post at 2014-05-09 4:40 PM:

I struggle to understand what people want here, I guess its all just part of wanting to blame someone and somehow vent at them.

He will tell you that up until the game we lost to West Brom Chris Hughton was still on target to keep us up ( and I suspect he would have gone at the end of the season) he will then go on to say it was the fans reaction after the game that made the sacking inevitable ( so you got what you wanted)

How about ''sorry'' guys, looks like many of you were right all along, and unfortunately by not listening we have paid the ultimate price in relegation. However rest assured we are looking immediately to push on and to take this club forward to where it wants to be, with the full support of you all. ,

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2014-05-09 4:40 PM:

How about ''sorry'' guys, looks like many of you were right all along, and unfortunately by not listening we have paid the ultimate price in relegation. However rest assured we are looking immediately to push on and to take this club forward to where it wants to be, with the full support of you all. ,[/quote]
Ah, I see. You need validation that you were somehow right.

I''m surprised he hasn''t been on the phone to you personally City 2nd, given your close relationship.

I''d imagine most people want to hear some reassurances about our financial position, perhaps some statements from Mcnally and some senior players saying they''re not going to be heading for the life boats and that they''re going to stay and fight to get us back up, and maybe an update on the progress of the search for a new permanent manager. No sword falling required, but the longer there is silence the more people are likely to think the worst.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I''d imagine most people want to hear some reassurances about our financial position, perhaps some statements from Mcnally and some senior players saying they''re not going to be heading for the life boats and that they''re going to stay and fight to get us back up, and maybe an update on the progress of the search for a new permanent manager. No sword falling required, but the longer there is silence the more people are likely to think the worst.

[/quote]
1 we are in good financial shape.
2 reasurrances from players mean nothing
3 the board are working night and day to identify the right man to take the club forward.
You''re welcome. 

The silence of the Board is telling and quite embarrassing. It makes me think that there is going to be a serious fallout and some Board casualties following this inept season

You weren''t right City 2nd... What exactly were you right about?

And if McNally had ''listened'' to the fans he should have immediately resigned anyway. His job isn''t to listen to the fans.

He doesn''t need to come out and say anything yet. He can do that when a new manager is appointed. People moan when he does say something then moan when he doesn''t. Its just silly.

And even if McNally wanted Hughton gone months ago but couldn''t get the board backing, how on Gods earth do you know that would have been the right decision? Maybe sacking him wasn''t right at all. We will never know and you don''t know, stop trying to be clever. I wanted him gone before, but that doesn''t mean we''d have done any better. And it is very very blatantly obviously clear as to why he wasn''t sacked. He was a long term appointment. You don''t just sack your long term appointment after a couple of poor months, look at Man.U they are a lot worse of than us. We don''t actually lose that much going down, Man.U unless they bounce back immediately lose hundreds of millions and they gave Moyes chance after chance.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3117144/ShowPost.aspx

For Morty, who rightly points out we are not down yet!

There really isn''t anything to say at this time! I''m sure the board had a contigency in place for relegation which will now kick in.

The season is not over and Adams is the manager until Sunday afternoon, after that it''s up to the board.

The players have nothing left to play for appart from the shop window, so if we win and Ricky scores a hatrick don''t be supprised.

There is no point in dragging up who is to blame, the board gave hopeless Hughton time to get it right and who knows had he gone prior to WBA game, we might be where WBA are now, that was the crunch game the must win game and he failed! Who knows if Adams been in charge if the result would have been any different, all if''s and but''s.

Time to see out this year and wait for the fall out post June holidays, see who is appointed manager (My money is on Malky with Adams as No.2) and which players are shipped out. Once this has happened the new manager will have the time and budget allocated to hopefully give a damn good go next year.

The board are fantastic, they have lead us to two promotions and three seasons in the top flight, more than I ever expected so why the need to point the finger?

MacNally has been great for this club, he & the board are to be commended for giving each managr the time to try and turn things around, sometimes it worls sometimes not. How can anyone want him gone as CEO is beyond me, do you really wnat another Doncaster?

The players have been shocking, regardless of Hughton''s tactics, they have been collectively a shambles at times. 9 goals by all strikers I believe. It will hopefully be a shock to them too, the drop in wages and their reputations.

Bad boring season to an end, one I hope to forget quickly, as I wave the presmiership goodbye I am actually looking forward to playing the teams we hate, Binners, Wolves and Leeds........bring it on.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

1 we are in good financial shape.

2 reasurrances from players mean nothing

3 the board are working night and day to identify the right man to take the club forward.

You''re welcome. 

[/quote]

1. We hope we are. We''re assuming that we''re ok but we don''t know the deatils of the contracts of players that have been signed in the last 12 months and whether we could potentially be saddled with a few high earners that we can''t shift. Slighty concerned by your rumour that we were prepared to spend some of next seasons budget in January, so there obvioulsy wasn''t as much of a "war chest" as we thought.

2. To you, maybe not. I''d like to hear Snoddy, Howson, Turner, Redmond, Olsson, Ruddy etc come and and say they WANT to stay personally. Of course the club could choose to sell them and I''m sure that will be the case in some instances.

3. I''d sincerely hope that he was identified long ago.

People like to hear from the captain when in stormy waters, goes with the territory, there should have been a statement from the board before sending Neil out to face the media.

Without reading your link I shall you are just trying to be "clever"?

Everybody knows we are down, but it would be incorrect ettiquette for the club to make a statement until it is actually a done deal.

I may have missed something but as far as I was aware Adams is our manager!

Are expecting an announcement to say he has been sacked?

http://wall.canaries.co.uk/Event/Canaries_Wall_2

Link to live text coverage of the presser. Russell Martin is the first sacrificial lamb, he must be getting used to this...

Mr Brownstone, Snoddy could swear on a stack of bibles that he will be here next season, but if the right offer comes in I''m pretty sure we all know what will happen.

[quote user="morty"]Mr Brownstone, Snoddy could swear on a stack of bibles that he will be here next season, but if the right offer comes in I''m pretty sure we all know what will happen.[/quote]

Of course, but I''d like to know he''s as commited to the club going forward as he was on the pitch this season, unless the club decide they want to cash in, which in his case with just a year left on his contract seems pretty likely. We need committed players, I want to know who''s committed.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]Mr Brownstone, Snoddy could swear on a stack of bibles that he will be here next season, but if the right offer comes in I''m pretty sure we all know what will happen.[/quote]

Of course, but I''d like to know he''s as commited to the club going forward as he was on the pitch this season, unless the club decide they want to cash in, which in his case with just a year left on his contract seems pretty likely. We need committed players, I want to know who''s committed.

[/quote]The point I am making is that promises are empty.The club will say that they have no need to sell, that players are under contract, and the players can say they are committed all they like. But everyone has a price, say Newcastle come waving 7 or 8 million around for Snoddy, I think we know pretty much what will happen.Again, reassurances mean very little.