Sign in to follow this  
FCC

New Signings

After the disappointments of RVW, Hooper, and Fer, I can''t see me getting excited about any summer signings. I remember a few years ago thinking Brellier was an inspired signing, but after last summer when we signed a host of no-marks I really won''t be convinced by any signings until they deliver in a yellow shirt.

Would love another big, up for the scrap No. 9 in the Iwan or Grant mould though.

How many Grant Holt''s are there floating about the football league?

The sad reality is Grant Holt is/was one of a kind.

Gimme Troy Deeney, Britt Asombalonga, Sam Baldock for Becchio, RVW, Hooper.

No matter what league we are in i will always get excited by new signings. There will be alot of comings and goings this summer and once our new manager has been announced and players start coming and going then im all for it.

I wouldn''t rule out a move for danny graham if malky comes in. be great in the championship.

[quote user="STAN"]How many Grant Holt''s are there floating about the football league?

The sad reality is Grant Holt is/was one of a kind.[/quote]

You''re right. It was an incredible signing by Gunn. He was criticized for so much but given so little credit for bringing another legend to Norwich.

Conor Washington from Peterborough United. Only signed from Newport in January, but would be a very useful addition. Would only happen if Boro don''t get through the play-offs and Fry would want best part of £2 million, but he is just what we need.

stevie may,harry maguire and cyrus christie would all be good young signings.

I would take Shola Ameobi on a free to play along side Hooper or RVW. Very good at holding the ball up and bringing other players into game. Great first touch, very strong and mobile for a big lad.

Harry Maguire from Sheffield Utd is a good young centre back. John Brayford is a solid right back who spent last season on loan to Sheffield Utd from Cardiff. Shaun Maloney wouldn''t have long left on his contract at Wigan so wouldn''t cost a lot. He has shown in premiership what he can do and on form he is a very good player.

It''s high time we got some pace into the squad. Apart from Redmond, Bennett and Olsson, we have a bunch of plodders who have long lost the art of passing and moving.

We had become very pedestrian and one dimensional under Hughton. Let''s hope a new man introduces a new vibrancy.

I would like to see a majority of the squad kept with the following going and coming in

Yobo/ Bassong out Mancienne/ Steven Taylor in

Snodgrass/ Pilkington out Murphy boys plus Elliot Bennett and Redders

RVW,Elmander out Ameobi and Assambalonga in

Should still have change from the sales as well

Ruddy/ Rudd

Martin Bennett Turner Mancienne Ollsen Garrido

Tettey Johnson Mgeehan

Bennett Howson Redmond Murphy Murphy Hoolahan

Ameobi Hooper Becchio Assambalonga

Plus a couple of surprises

Wha about Sam Byram or Ross McCormack? Proven at this level and with the added bonus of p*ssing off our northern friends by still being able to poach their best players when we''re in the same league...

As long as we keep Becchio and Hooper, I don''t mind too much about who else we get in upfront, though we probably need a target man like samara, Graham, Holt etc for the championship

Mackail-Smith......

Seriously though..

See if Becchio is up for it and see if he looks good enough (not getting any younger).

Keep Hooper as he''s better than the likes of McCormack and younger.

God knows what happens to Ricky boy.

Maybe give Redmond a chance up front again, but think he''d be effective on the wing in the Championship.

Keep hold of Howson and get him supplying the strikers and handling the middle.

Keep Tettey and BJ.

Keep Hoolahan if he''s up for it for the creativity and impact he brings. If not, get a younger and faster/stronger replacement - someone exciting.

I see Lloyd Dyer may become available - he''d be a very useful player at this level as proven in recent years.

Go crazy and splash out on McManaman or someone different like Lee Chung Yong?

Ryan Bennett should stay and be made an integral part of the back 4. Try our best to keep Olsson too and obviously Russ and Turner would be very good in that league.

I think someone like Malky would sort a nice, strong back 4 out with good depth and play two good wingers like Redmond and Elliott Bennett.

[quote user="canarycop"]I would like to see a majority of the squad kept with the following going and coming in

Yobo/ Bassong out Mancienne/ Steven Taylor in

Snodgrass/ Pilkington out Murphy boys plus Elliot Bennett and Redders

RVW,Elmander out Ameobi and Assambalonga in

Should still have change from the sales as well

Ruddy/ Rudd

Martin Bennett Turner Mancienne Ollsen Garrido

Tettey Johnson Mgeehan

Bennett Howson Redmond Murphy Murphy Hoolahan

Ameobi Hooper Becchio Assambalonga

Plus a couple of surprises[/quote]

Agree with most of this. Not heard of Assambalonga until today and can''t see Ameobi leaving - been linked with clubs forever, but he''ll just sit there and take his money plus his random games I reckon. Not convinced about Garrido - think he''s too slow/lightweight and would much rather have a different option at left-back behind Olsson. McGeehan may go out on loan again, but he certainly looks a tidy player and a clever one. Loza may get a chance or go back out on loan again. Carlton Morris is another one to consider. I think an experienced winger would be good like Lloyd Dyer to back up those others we have. Hopefully Hoolahan is convinced to stay, but think he''ll go personally unless he''s given a major role. A younger model would be good, but think Howson should be given the main creative/attacking role with some decent competition/back up.

Do we have a year option on Pilks? Is there any point in taking the extra year and then selling him if there''s any offers? Or is it more sensible to let him go for nothing this summer?

Fer is still a good player imo...but let''s get Troy Deeney in or Danny Graham...great signings for the Chumps...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Fer is still a good player imo...but let''s get Troy Deeney in or Danny Graham...great signings for the Chumps...[/quote]

Definitely be good for everyone to see a quality, quality player come in with potential to improve. Someone like Jordan Rhodes or Troy Deeney where their respective clubs haven''t done too much recently. However, the main thing is the ''feel'' at the club and the togetherness of the squad and their relationship with the fans again. You look at Burnley or us before with Lambert. We need that back. I think someone like Malky would be ideal - something to prove, young, knows that level inside out and can get momentum. Plus you wouldn''t mess with a man like that! Even if he didn''t have a lot of love from Norwich fans and vice versa, I would still consider him as a frontrunner. The only other ones I''d trust would be Rosler and McLaren maybe, but it''s unlikely we''d get them. I''ve heard Pressley mentioned, but why not get the man with more experience and something to really prove

[quote user="Green and Golddust"]Grant Holt, pure and simple. Get him back with the right Manager, Fomation and tactics he could be he leader, focus and fulcrum of our resurgence. #ReturnoftheKing[/quote]Certainly wouldn''t object to a return for the big man. We would need to make sure we can convince him that we''re an attacking outfit however, as our style of play seemed to be one of the principle reasons for his departure. Hopefully family/location wouldn''t be a factor to obstruct any deal were it to happen.I know his stats since he left haven''t been great on face value, but i think the basis for his lack of form over the past 2 years or so has primarily been as result of the playing styles he''s been made to play in at Wigan, Norwich, and Lambert''s Aston Villa to some extent. Say what you want about him during Hughton''s tenure - as signalling some sort of decline in his ability - but the fact is he performed far and above the standard of any other striker to play under Hughton during that time and after.

If we were to lose Fer we would be in some need (although not desperately so) of a midfield maestro.Maybe Henri Lansbury? Have a feeling he''ll kick on next season wherever he finds himself, a very decent player at Championship level.If there was any way of poaching Whittingham from Cardiff i''d never say no.