Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Iwan on Malky

[quote user="YellowFC"]Watched his Cardiff team at Carr Road this season . Defended deep whole second half DOUR. Yes he got Cardiff up but at a cost of £70M NO THANK U[/quote]

Nothing wrong with that at home to a team on the front foot. He did win a point didn''t he?

Malkay has a nice balance I think. Yes we won''t get the free flowing attacking football some crave but he won''t be stupid enough to leave it 4-5-1 versus a relegation rival down to 10 men after thirty minutes. For me, appointing Malkay is a no brainer. He is our best chance at an instant return. The only thing is we probably won''t be able to poach any Cardiff players. Danny Graham wouldn''t be the worst signing at that level though. Back to 4-4-2 and some conventional wins. Would you really complain with some dominating 1-0 and 2-1 wins with a couple of headed goals from a target man like Iwan?

Looking back at his promotion season, he likes a scottish player, but seems to pick up the good ones. Perhaps there''d be a grain of hope he could convince Snoddy to stay one season?

I agree with JonnyH - Swansea took the risks in appointing relative unknowns to keep their philosophy going, and it has paid off. Imagine if they''d have appointed a Pulis or Allerdyce after Martinez or Laudrup. They will never do it. And hence they keep the playing squad very stable, and no one is having to un-learn all the footballing lessons they''ve had for a year or so each time a new manager comes in.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Our board likes "cheap". It will be Adams[/quote]

Do they? We had to pay considerable compensation to Colchester and to Birmingham for our last 2 managers.

Malky would be very cheap - free in fact, but there''s nothing to suggest we wouldn''t pay another club compensation for him if we identified him as the best choice.

It had crossed my mind that Malky had already been lined up but that is has been kept under wraps because of his impending court battle with Cardiff.

I suppose, though, that he would have been seen at Norwich matches if this had been the case, but then again he might have kept away for the sake of secrecy or whatever.

If he comes , he should bring Marshall with him.He performance at CR was outstanding. We could have stayed up but for his display. Yes, I know he left us when we dropped to Div 1........just goes to show his decision making is good!!

As much as I think Marshall is a good keeper ,great shot stopper he couldnt get away quick enough when we needed him.

I think we have enough in the bag if JR does go and even then I would only let him go for a Shedload of cash