Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Nominations for player of the season...

Player of the season: Darren Huckerby. Consistant threat throughout the entire season and without him we''d have been relegated long ago! (Runner up: Damien Francis)

Most dissapointing player of the season: Craig Fleming. Too many mistakes, too many bad balls, too slow and just not good enough. Craig''s done us proud in the past but Premiership defender he isn''t.

Goal of the season: McKenzie''s goal against ManUre. Great tackle by Safri, brilliant ball by Hucks, intelligent positioning by Ashton, lovely cross and cool composure by Leon who could have easily put it in row H. Carrow Road erupted, Leon took his shirt off and Rooney cried. Class!

Moment of the season: Dean Ashton''s far post header in the dying seconds at Craven Cottage to put us 1-0 up and save us from relegation by a single point. West Brom, Palace and Southampton go down, Norwich stay up, Ipswich lose to Derby in the Play-Offs and Delia''s infamous outburst!

player of the season: I would say green because week in week out his saves have kept us in games we never should have been.

runners up: huckerby and francis, and lately ashton.

most disappointing: fleming no doubt, we thought holt wouldn''t cope but fleming has been so far out of his depth that anyone could see. well almost anyone.

goal of the season: ryan jarvis classy finish.

moment of season: that one sounds good, followed by beating united and west brom. 4-4 comeback was good fun  too.

I agree about Huckerby, but I would also be happy if Leon won it!!

The way he has come on through this season is amazing, earlier in the season he was missing a lot of chances but he kept his head up and carried on plugging away and now he is being rewarded!!

i love it beds canary, especially yr moments of the season!!

have to agree with your nomination of huckerby for the entire season, though if it were for the second half, both dean ashton and jason shackell have made an great impact

goal of the season?  to difficult to call, but the hat trick by ashton against southampton ..............

In response to the above messages i fail to see any logic in either Green or Huckerby even being considered. We all no Greeno is great keeper but he hasnt been that good all year, and definatly wont have the premiership big boys scrambling for is signature. As far as Hucks goes i think it''s been a bad year, people always say he cant hack it in the prem and i disagree like mad, but in all honsesty hes struggled. Yes it times he looks excellent but week in week out its been a bad year.

Best player this year - Its a tough one, maybe Leon, every game he works really hard, and i for one expcted him to stuggle, Damo has looked pretty good and hes goals helped, Doubt he''ll win though

Most dissapointing - Flemming or maybe even hucks,  before anyone asks i do go to the games, only missed one all year , so i feel i can comment. Stuarts also looked pretty awful in his short stint

Best Moment - Watching the utd fans shut up last week.

There is no alternative - it has to be Hux for consistency, ability and carrying a threat all season.

Young player of the year has to be Shacks, even on just a few appearances and I agree him and Ashton will be close, one of them in the top three, for the overall award.

Most disappointing?  Surprisingly not Flem, Eddy or Holt, who for much of the year have performed the best they can, who can ask for more than that, even if it is not good enough for the prem?  Francis is my controversial choice.  His goals and ability could make him a multi million pound player gracing Arsenal. Chelsea and even England etc.   His ability to impersonate Mullers do his disappearing act during too many games means we have only seen a fraction of the impact he could have made for this club and has contributed to us not controlling midfield in enough games this season - it is not all Holts fault.  Prove me wrong Damo...

OTBC

This question was asked before Christmas and my reply was that I hoped it would be our new ''transfer window'' signing.

This still possible,  Dean Ashton to end the season as our top scorer and keeping us up !

I can''t believe Ashton''s goal against Man City hasn''t been mentioned for goal of the season! A lovely, instinctive, delicate lob over David James on the volley. The audacity of the effort should win it alone!

As for player of the season, I think Greeno. Remember the saves away at Tottenham? Two excellent saves against Palace? He''s been our most consistant player. The only blip I can think of to hand was away at Blackburn. If anyone can think of any other errors then I''m all ears.

I''m sorry rob but how can you say green and huckerby have had bad seasons.  Before ashton and shackell came in, there were games in the first few months of the season when they seemed to be the only two playing. green has had a great season, two or three world class saves per game and huckerby has been a constant menace down the left hand side. you can''t be seriously telling me those two have been bad this season, because if they''ve been bad then what does that say about the rest of them.

my vote goes to either damo, hux, deano or i no everyone will disagree- bentley!!

i think hux has been good but not consistant.  francis has been amazing but sometimes goes missing. deano has been a revelation since january.  bentley however has been a spark, as was hux last year. i no his commtiment has been questioned but who cares!!!!

most disappointing- HOLT is terrible as is stuart.  green has been average (but defence is to blame) and i think fleming will be disappointed with his season.

[quote]If Ashton, Shacks and Saf had been in the team for the whole season they would be well in the running. As they haven''t, I think I''ll be voting for Hucks[/quote]

Got to agree with DD''s first point...at his current strike rate, Ashton will be top goalscorer for us by the end of next week (I hope). On the occasions I have seen Safri play, he has been a solid midfielder and IMO, a better defensive player than Francis; and Shackell looks to be turning into our future star centre back. The trouble with these 3 candidates is they haven''t played much of a long-term role in the team.
For me, Green is the best nomination just because he has kept us in so many games. Huckerby might come second because of all his assists, but he can be a bit inconsistent at times, especially at the beginning of the season when he didn''t switch on properly until the second half.

Obviously by looking at the posts, it is a toss up between Hucks and Greeno! I love em both, but I love hucks more His dedication to the club is what seals it for me, whatever happens for the rest of the season, I''m comforted some what by the fact that he has dedicated himself to the cause. So loyalty gets my vote...

I think McKenzie has actually started proving himself.  Green for me has had a good season.  I started a thread on this about a month ago and was very undecided.

I think I am going to vote for Greeno

man of the season: Damien Francis (played well all season, scored some great goals for us at desperate time, only had a rough patch of about 3 games, the rest hes been our man all the time) Runners up: Huckerby, Green (shackell, if put in earlier)

most dissapointing: Flem (no doubt about this one, has been good on some occasions, but really has been poor in most cases, sorry flem....... :blush

Goal of the season: Norwich 2-0 Man Utd. Mckenzie. (has to be, a brilliant goal, a great simple passing move, looks better every time i see it, oh yes oh yes oh yes!!!!!!!! (sorry about the waller imitation, lol)

Moment of the season: 4-4 Draw with Middlesborough at carrow road. (incredible, from 4-1 down, 10 minutes left, got to be the must incredible finish to a game ive ever known.)

Huckerby and Ashton. Francis is a possibility but he seems to disappear for long periods of matches but you could say he makes up for it with his surging runs and goals

Has to be Huckerby  !   ... if a quarter of the crosses he`s banged accurately into the box had been  converted  we would be mid table ! .,... as for Greeno  ? , NO !   I`ve seen him let goals in that most  competant keepers would have saved   the best thing Worthy can do is sell him  .....

Player of the Season: Graham Stuart for his battling performances in midfield and his week in week out solidness.

Moment of the Season: Stuarts brilliant first half display against Manure.

Mattias Jonson - for his goals, assists and unending willingness to attack.  He has been an inspiration in the oppositions half.  The Wizard of the Dribble/Wing was wasted on Stanley Matthews.

And all on a free transfer - I hear he is even contributing to his own wages...and Huckerbys.

[quote]Player of the Season: Graham Stuart for his battling performances in midfield and his week in week out solidness. Moment of the Season: Stuarts brilliant first half display against Manure.[/quote]

We''d be down without him you know

sheded lets sell green huh and replace with him a more competent keeper. whose that then peter cech or the keeper from roy of the rovers.  if you take away the saves by green then this club would be down already.  I''m not sure what your looking for in a keeper but it certainly isn''t one whose human.