Sign in to follow this  
Barnaby Bear

Neil "Colin" Warnock for manager?

And, yes, I would be happy with NW''s appointment. Fail next season and the Club will have to retrench for an extended stay in the Championship. That will mean reductions in the first team budget and reappraisal of the academy, let alone the non-football budget.

You know the OP was on a wind up right?

I was hoping this post would be forgotten and fall down with zero replies. Tsk, you guys.

I''d prefer to see Malky get the job, undoubtedly someone who will unite the fans more than NW. Although if Big Sam leaves the hammers I wouldn''t have a problem with him either.

hes shit tho. didnt do well at leeds. took ages to get sheff u up but brought them straight down. only got QPR because he had biggest budget in the league and didnt do well in theprem. This whole knowing the championship is utter rubbish.

I said this in another thread. I think he holds the record for getting teams promoted - seven in all, including 3 to the Premier League. Warnock would be a decent appointment IMO.

Might Delia and Warnock see this as unfinished business?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/286094/Neil-Warnock-back-to-haunt-Delia-Smith

Colin or Malky ,? No contest Colin gets my vote, why well he plays good attacking football and players respect him and he has a lot to offer any club, and on the same note Please no to Big Sam

[quote user="Barnaby Bear"]Sorry, not a wind up. Colin is a solid Championship manager. And the away fans would hate him.[/quote]

Nah, you must be on a wind up, I don''t believe you.

I''d rather see Roeder come back than Colin as our new manager!

[quote user="pete_norw"]Colin or Malky ,? No contest Colin gets my vote, why well he plays good attacking football and players respect him and he has a lot to offer any club, and on the same note Please no to Big Sam[/quote]

You''re talking about Neil Warnock right? Colin? The guy who used to manage Sheffield Utd and is an utter p!llock?

Just making sure.

Here''s my list of managers I really wouldn''t like to see:

1. Neil Warnock

2. Glenn Roeder

3. Adolf Hitler

4.Kim Jong-Un (although the players would ''respect'' him, so maybe I''m wrong).

5.Joseph Stalin (again I may be wrong, he''d know how to organise a defence)

[quote user="Barnaby Bear"]Looks like you''re in the minority then Jonezy, son. Those who know their football see Colin is a wise choice.[/quote]

more like stupid choice.

I''m lost for words....

Plays attacking football?

''Knows the Championship''?

.Would put fire in bellies? No he''d just p1ss all the players off by cracking the whip too often, this is 2014, it doesn''t work like that anymore. He''s finished as a manager, especially at a club like ours.

If this was mid season and we were bottom of the Championship then err maybe

If your advertising a job "get team into premier league" would it be logical not to interview those who have the experience of doing just that job?

My only concern would be how it would work with the existing framework as old school managers want total control.

The beauty with him is that it not one flukey promotion he has done it with different teams, situations and players.

I don''t care about his image or if the fickle nature of fans because a few wins and we will love him.

I would meet him for interview definitely based on his CV and if he happy to work with in the framework of the clubs structure and finances he would be someone I would consider.

[quote user="Barnaby Bear"]Looks like you''re in the minority then

Jonezy, son. Those who know their football see Colin is a wise

choice.[/quote]

If I''m in a minority where people think Neil Warnock is a bell end then I''m more than happy with that.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]I don''t care about his image or if the fickle nature of fans because a few wins and we will love him. [/quote]

The whole ''fickle football fan'' thing is a media creation and just doesn''t exist. You can''t generalise supporters into a whole, as everyone has different opinions. If Colin became our manager and we won the league I''d be happy. But I''d still think he''s a bell end. If I cheered a goal when he''s manager it wouldn''t mean I''m fickle, it would mean I''m happy we scored. If other fans sang his name though I wouldn''t, however other people would generalise and say ''look at those fickle fans, not liking Colin one week but as soon as they start winning they ''all'' sing his name''. I''ll give you Benitez at Chelsea as an example. Some fans never liked him due to his previous comments, and if they''d won the league under him some fans would still detest him. Others wouldn''t.