Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

What I would do...

Firstly, McNally has a duty to stay and sort this out. I posted a thread the other day in anger, but after reading the replies and giving it some thought, I was very harsh on him. He''s messed up this season but he has a duty to stay here!

So, on Monday at 9am (or even before), I would call Neil Lennon or his agent, and make him our very best offer. No messing around. Give him a few days to think it over. Perhaps until Wednesday/Thursday. Keep the fans in the loop, not necessarily to say we''re waiting to hear back from Lennon, but just to say that work is ongoing. Had we stayed up, Neil Lennon would''ve definitely been our new manager, in my opinion. Now we''re relegated the only way we can tempt him here is by offering a healthy transfer budget and very healthy wages. Also, insist that Neil Adams is involved in the first team coaching setup.

Wednesday 14th/Thursday 15th May 2014 - You receive your answer from Neil Lennon. If it''s a yes, great. Get him down here. Keep Hooper, get rid of Bassong, Fer, RvW, Snodgrass (he''ll want to go) and Ruddy (he''ll also want to go). Bring in a proper leader. Someone who commands respect. Someone who reflects Lennon, on the pitch. Surround him with a mix of our brilliant youngsters and some experience.

If Lennon says no, you appoint Neil Adams almost as soon as the phone has been put down. You work with Neil in appointing better coaches and a proper assistant. You get rid of the dross (Bassong, Fer, RvW etc) and work on transforming Norwich at all levels, from kids up to the first team. Get all levels of Norwich City playing the exact same way, playing attractive, expansive football, getting the club an actual identity. Sign players that fit into this style. Spend the next three months drilling these players to play this way, at all levels.

I believe with either option, we can be back in the Premier League in 1-2 years. Perhaps better equipped that we were last time. If we have a plan, a definite playing style, an actual identity, then players are absolutely going to know what''s expected of them, at all times.

I''d suggest that Neil Adams might be the best choice for now, but am very tempted towards Neil Lennon too. I feel we should discount people like Malky and Tim Sherwood. Let''s face it, if Tim hadn''t played for Norwich in the past, would he really be a candidate? Probably not. Different with Malky, but I don''t think he''s what we need.

Whatever happens, we need quick decisions. We can''t afford to waste time, like we have done so much this season. McNally needs to show his worth again! I believe he will.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]So, on Monday at 9am (or even before), I would call Neil Lennon or his agent, and make him our very best offer. No messing around. Give him a few days to think it over. Perhaps until Wednesday/Thursday. Keep the fans in the loop, not necessarily to say we''re waiting to hear back from Lennon, but just to say that work is ongoing. [snip] If Lennon says no, you appoint Neil Adams almost as soon as the phone has been put down.[/quote]So, how does Adams feel when McNally announces that ''work is ongoing'' but no-one has spoken to him, and then all of a sudden he is asked to take the job. It wouldn''t take much for him to work out that he was second choice. Not a good way to boost his confidence.I know it is frustrating when we hear nothing from the board but sometimes the things that they have to do have to be done well out of the public eye.As for Lennon....I would have liked to have had him but I don''t think he will come here now, although he may see a Championship club as an inevitable stepping stone to the PL.Moo

I thought about this too, but surely Adams would understand that we perhaps need more experience. I''m also sure that if we failed with Lennon, he would still take the job.

I''m just glad you are not Mcnally and all that is just your weird fantasy.

If you want to get promoted it would be a good idea to appoint someone who has the experience, that''s why Malkay has to be a front runner.

Malky for me - can''t remember the last time the banners last beat a team he was involved with. He also has done it before so will know what is needed to get us back up.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Malky for me - can''t remember the last time the banners last beat a team he was involved with. He also has done it before so will know what is needed to get us back up.[/quote]Who cares what happens with the banners.........I''m more interested in us getting back up, nothing else.