Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Sherwood

It seems to me we are linking ourselves with ANY manager who might be or currently is available...

Its gone from "no one but Lambert" to "anyone but Hughton (adams)"

the next appointment needs to be the right one for the club to ensure a swift return to the top flight... not hiring any old sap because they happen to know what a football looks like.

Any manager that calls out his players in public should be avoided at all costs - unless you are a Brian Clough.   Sherwood has shown he has no clue about man management - yes he has good players and has had a honeymoon period, but that is well over now.   He''ll lose the respect of the players quite quickly, then we''ll be back to square one.

Hughton was not tactically inept as he had a clearly defined philosophy. It just so happened that that philosophy involved rigid, defensive football when it was clear there are more than a few games when we really should have taken the game to teams and failed to do so.

Sherwood is tactically inept because he has no such philosophy, no gameplan, and a tendency to make kneejerk decisions during games with no real belief or reason behind them.

I am not comparing him to Hughton, because they were in very different jobs with very different expectations....but I would not want either of them managing our club.

Please screw your thinking cap on before being insulting.

Thanks

And before I get

''well have you got any better ideas?''

Uwe Rosler (if Wigan don''t go up) and Eddie Howe could both be tempted by the wages we are capable of offering, and the scope of our potential (Wigan will never get beyond relegation fighters due to lack of local interest in them) I know Howe is Mr Bournemouth but if Burnley were capable of getting him so are we.

Rosler is the guy I would like us to hold out for. It has been mentioned that he wouldn''t leave Wigan for us, but they are a team we are bigger than, and have a bit more potential. No disrespect to Wigan, but we could offer him more.

Sherwood at Tottenham

• Played 27

• Won 13

• Drawn 4

• Lost 10

*Figures include two matches in temporary charge before being given 18-month contract

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]

Sherwood at Tottenham

• Played 27

• Won 13

• Drawn 4

• Lost 10

*Figures include two matches in temporary charge before being given 18-month contract

[/quote]We will be playing Bournemouth and Brentford not Premiership teams , and Adams record is W0  D1  L3 and several on here would like to give him a go . If Spurs rated him enough to give him the job hes probably way to good for Norwich anyway.

Sherwood was a woeful player for us, has an amazing squad at WHL and has made them a Jackyl and Hyde team. AVB would have done better if he stayed I''m sure- I think that was a political sacking.I don''t see how he would be in any way preferable to Adams. Frankly if we can''t get Hoddle or Zola I would rather stick with Adams, I think the team has looked 100% better under him and given a shot in the Championship he may turn out to be ready. If we had stayed up I would be looking for more experience but the Championship is a great place to get that experience for him.

[quote user="Herman "]Rosler is the guy I would like us to hold out for. It has been mentioned that he wouldn''t leave Wigan for us, but they are a team we are bigger than, and have a bit more potential. No disrespect to Wigan, but we could offer him more.[/quote]Actually that would be a great call.

Has an air of Roeder about him I feel, stay well away.

Admired the passion of the bloke at times but not right for nodge

Yes, Uwe Rosler has looked a good choice for a little while now but we just didn''t move quick enough. Chance missed, I think. For now at least.

I''d also be happy see Eddie Howe given a go. Though he might be wary of leaving Bournemouth again.

Guy is a grade A plan.  Straight out of the 80s UK school of managers....shout shout and shout some more.You could imagine him "coaching" a school side, giving them bucket loads of abuse from the sidelines yet having absolutely no clue as to how to bring about changes himself.I imagine he would select 11x B.Johnsons if he could!  All "passion" "desire" "energy" and no talent.Lets get a manager who knows how to relate to players, wants us to play a flowing style of football (on the deck!!) as any Norwich side should.Who? God knows!

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]

Sherwood at Tottenham

• Played 27

• Won 13

• Drawn 4

• Lost 10

[/quote]We will be playing Bournemouth and Brentford not Premiership teams , and Adams record is W0  D1  L3 and several on here would like to give him a go . If Spurs rated him enough to give him the job hes probably way to good for Norwich anyway.[/quote]

I''m sure in tim''s head he''s way too good for Norwich too. Just like when he was a player. Loose canon with a touch of the roeders about him.

Steve Clarke anyone? Hasnt been mentioned much, plays good football, seemed a bit harsh to say the least his sacking from WBA.