Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Sherwood

Didn''t think he would be interested but am happy if his name is in the frame. Better than some that have been mentioned and would certainly put us on the map with the national media.

Have to admit though my choice does not appear too popular on here and that''s Lennon.

[quote user="splutcho"]I really hope not. Would struggle to get fully behind such a deluded moron.[/quote]He does play attacking football and he does give youth a chance, but he does come across like a belligerent know-it-all with ideas above his station. Initially I thought he''d be a great choice, but the more I see and hear of him the more I feel that he could be disastrous.

Wouldn''t be anywhere near the top of my list.

How well has he actually done with Spurs? They''re going to finish 6th or 7th. You''d have expected them to finish about there.

Their style of football hasn''t been anything special under him - without Eriksen they might not look too clever. You keep playing Adebayor and he''ll get you some goals. He''ll waste some great chances but he''ll still put some away.

Just seems like he can''t keep his gob shut, desperate for a bit of attention. Also seems very quick to blame the players when things don''t go quite so well.

Ah well chaps. Nice while it lasted. Based on all us experts in the footballing world, its a wonder anyone gets a job as a manager anywhere.

So it''s Malky for me as long as he''s not allowed to bring his coaches with him

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]His job he did at spurs is well underrated! He is their most successful manager ever on results![/quote]

Well underrated?

They''re 6th and they might finish 7th. At the start of the season I''d imagine most would have seen them finishing around there. Not good enough for the to 4 but too many good players to finish much lower.

He''s got their highest win %. He also has their highest loss %.

It''s not like they were in an utterly hopeless situation like Palace or Sunderland. There''s been no remarkable turnaround. He''s just kept them ticking over, if anything.

I''m 50/50 on him. On the face of things he''s kept them going steadily and has brought in youngsters into the team at the same time, something you have to give him credit for when I suspect he''s under pressure to play all the summer signings.

However speaking to spurs fans I know have heard he can be tactically naive and doesn''t tend to have a plan b (sound familiar?) and they do seem to get thumped every time they play any of the big boys, whilst spurs were very un impressive at carrow road this season. He is also a loose cannon and can''t help but feel he would bring bad headlines as he did at spurs.

I think he would be interested as he''s not going to get a pl job and I with previous links with Norwich and half decent squad think this would attract him. Still would be risky appointment for me, need a safe pair of hands!!

He certainly left on bad terms and had a bad attitude when he played for us. He would be interested, as our type and size of club is the best he could get when he is no longer manager at Spurs......NO, NO......NO

Loving the "I DUNT liuk iim buh!" Attitude by some . Really helpful.

Yokels

Canary On The Wire wrote the following post at 2014-05-09 4:06 AM:

Sherwood is terrible.

Tactically inept, has absolutely no idea what he''s doing in the context of any game. Stay well away.

Tactically inept - oh right, like Hughton you mean, you know, they guy who is so bl**dy poor we have been relegated because of his legacy - and exactly where did Spurs finish in the EPL, how many points, and how many goals scored!

Yeah right, tactically inept my ****.

Some of you just don''t have a clue!

Spurs fans think he''s tactically inept, Villa fans think Lambert is tactically inept, the detective in me sees plenty of sense in Sherwood returning to the fold.

Certainly I''d be looking for answers to these sort of questions at interview.

1) you are away from home, loosing 1-0 to a dodgy penalty and the opposition go down to ten men with over half the match left to play, what would you do?

2) A player takes the ball of the designated penalty taker and misses, what course of action would you take?

3) You are drawing 0-0 late into a game that you really want a point from, would you completely change the shape of the team or stay as you are?

I''m sure others can make up their own but I''m pretty bloody sure the supposedly tactically inept Sherwood would know what to do and answer those three questions in the correct fashion, getting them wrong can cost tens of millions after all.

The answers to those ones are so obvious that most people would be embarrassed to ask them to a potential manager of a PL or a Championship side !!!

But hold on a minute......

Eddie Howe for me, very promising young manager. Also, Bournemouth are in a financial pickle!!! We are not, could be a good option.

I have seen no other names that I would want. Sherwood is pointless, might as well stick with Adams if you were to go down that road.

And I love Malky, really don''t want him to come and fail.

I actually brought this up a while back and was hit with a cavalcade of abuse and ''no way'', ''he''s a knob'' etc etc....

I still think he would be good - he''s learning still, had a decent start, is honest.... We''d could do much worse.

Malkay seems to be to the obvious choice, which in the Championship is probably about right. I''d still like to see Di Matteo or even Steve Clarke.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Would be my no1 choice[/quote]

Ditto..............with Adams involved. [Y]

The only thing Sherwood is good at is throwing his coat in anger and then being a complete gobs hite on the touchline. Not the man for us, not in the championship anyway.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Apparently interested. He has done well since being appointed manager/coach at Spurs.
[/quote]

He left Norwich as a player under a cloud after failing to turn up for a friendly, and has since never mentioned us once when I''ve heard him talk about former clubs. He strikes me as not exactly being proud to have played 88 games for us.

And he seems tactically inept at Spurs, they''ve not looked good to me considering the players at his disposal.

So nah, you''re alright.

I wouldn''t want that troublemaker anywhere near Carrow Road.

Some people have short memories.

What exactly has he achieved as a manager to make him seem managerial material in any case?