Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Dissing Malky possibly coming - who do you realistically expect ??

I will be honest and say Malky may not be my first choice but as we have just been relegated to the Championship who are you expecting to come in ??

Listening to some fans on here do you think Wenger is going to up sticks and come to Carrow road ?

Malky knows the club, fans and expectations, there are no real connections from when he left for him to show any favouritism, promotion from the championship and play off experience, maybe Adams as his assistant, would it really be that bad?

I reckon its between Malky and Lennon. I don''t think there are any other realistic contenders and we cannot afford to take any risks.I think Lennon will get first refusal but if he chooses not to take it then the job is Malky''s.

Lennon won''t swap the Champions League for the Championship.

We were only linked to him as he wants a premier move.

With Malky''s recent Championship winning exploits, personal link to the club and unemployment I would be shocked if he wasn''t hired.

I think it was Lennon if we stayed up. He would swap champions league for premier league but not for the championship.

Plus, malky has experience of getting a team (the ever failing Cardiff) out of the championship just last season. Yes he may have been defensive away in the premier league (what club outside the top 6 isn''t?) but that experience could be vital. It''s supposed to be the hardest league in the world to get out of so why not go for someone with experience doing it?

Malky seems to be the most logical and likely appointment i think, available, good link to club and most importantly has had relative success and experience at championship level but i just cant get excited about this if it happens.

he would be the sensible choice, the safe pair o hands choice but i guess after hughton i want excitement and im not sure malky is it.

personally i always liked Nigel Adkins and think he would be a good choice but again wouldnt be an exciting appointment

If Pardew or Allardyce were sacked would they be worth looking at?waiting for? would we want David Moyes even if that was likely?

its such a hard decision but so important, who ever is appointed would be split 50-50 between fans so i dont envy the board, but I really dont understand the sudden calls for their sacking, we aint blackburn or cardiff we are in great financial shape, we are a great club. who ever we get lets get behind him

The best man for the job is 40 miles south of Norwich.

He has no ties to Ipswich, promoted twice from Champs with Sunderland & Wolves.

Performed wonders with no finance & crap Ipswich squad this season.

Big Mac go & get him

I would love it if we went in for Big Mick, purely for the comical value of the scum reaction...

Also we class Malky as Defensive but is that fair? What do the Watford or Cardiff fans think of him?

werent watford attacking when he was there with Danny graham up front? didnt cardfiff score alot in the promotion season?

Maybe it should be Malky, But i wouldnt trust myself to make the right decision, i knew roeder would be bad but also thought Lambert was a crap appointment,

Lennon would be an exciting appointment, but maybe just in the same way RVW was an exciting signing, great results and performance in lesser leagues then disasterous with us.

Sherwood is a possibility, even with relegation http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/norwich-city-eye-tim-sherwood-3433636

Phelan has been mentioned but with the experience of CH proving he is an assistant or coach at best, I don''t think Phelan would make a good manager.

It''s between Sherwood and Malky for me - if the latter can convince the board about his vision, brand of football being in line with our expectations for attractive, attacking football and not defensive negativity and sucking the life out of our attacking play, then he would get the nod I feel.

Of the realistic candidates I have seen mentioned Mackay is by some way the best (even if you want to define that as least-bad) choice.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Of the realistic candidates I have seen mentioned Mackay is by some way the best (even if you want to define that as least-bad) choice.[/quote]
Agree with "least bad"!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I will be honest and say Malky may not be my first choice but as we have just been relegated to the Championship who are you expecting to come in ??

Listening to some fans on here do you think Wenger is going to up sticks and come to Carrow road ?

Malky knows the club, fans and expectations, there are no real connections from when he left for him to show any favouritism, promotion from the championship and play off experience, maybe Adams as his assistant, would it really be that bad?[/quote]Why would we want a manager that hasn''t won a trophy in 6 years? Now Van Gaal on the other hand, I''d take him in a heart beat. [;)]

Not sure what there is to not like about Malky really.....proven at Championship level and was doing a pretty good job overall in the Premiership IMO until he was ''Tanned''. Think people perhaps read a little too much into the 0-0 at earlier this season, they were going through a sticky spell at the time so were trying to be a bit tighter at the back. I genuinely believe they would have stayed up had he remained in charge.

Would obviously be a popular figure with supporters as he was as a player as well as being a good young coach. Will be suprised if the job goes to anyone else.

In order of preference, Warnock then Malky. If we consider managers in work, McCarthy and, more unrealistically, Rosler. Appointing Adams would return us to the point almost as depressing as that immediately pre-Lambert. The new manager will have to cope with more than half a team leaving and then putting together a new Championship team - experience and the short term must be the focus of next year. Fail, that''s the time to start dismantling the category one academy and being prepared to retrench for another decade in the second tier. At that point NA may well be the answer. But not now.

Seeing the names been thrown around at the moment you would have to say Malky is probably the most likely to get it.

That wouldn''t upset me - It''s a logical choice and he does have a proven record in the Championship even if it''s not a particularly long one.

So if your going to appoint Malky why bother sacking Hughton ? its just such a like for like swap and we would have got rid of the better of the two ,Totally pointless as people will still be moaning about boring football and the supporters are split on the new man from the off .

What makes you think Hughton is better than Malky?

And oddly enough, the decision to sack Hughton was a massive gamble to try and keep us up this season - it was a short-term decision hence the appointment of Adams - surely even you can''t be thick enough to not see that?

Regardless - if we''d appointed Hughton in the Championship (in a mystical world where we never had him in the Prem) people would class it as a fantastic appointment.

This similarity of football - i''m not sure how much ground it holds. The reason the football was mainly so drab this season was the fact we were losing - away from home quite often by 3+ goals. Unlikely to regularly be the case next season whoever the manager is.

I would have no problems with Malky.

We will need a strong character to steady the ship and Malky would meet that aspect of the person description.

[quote user="24March1985"]Garcia has, allegedly, been linked to Norwich if Brighton don''t get through the play offs.[/quote]

Who set''s up Brighton for 1 - 0 wins, and malky is being dissed!!!!

[quote user="YellowFC"]The best man for the job is 40 miles south of Norwich. He has no ties to Ipswich, promoted twice from Champs with Sunderland & Wolves. Performed wonders with no finance & crap Ipswich squad this season. Big Mac go & get him[/quote]

Could do worse.

MM is a mercenary and up for a couple of quid.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="24March1985"]Garcia has, allegedly, been linked to Norwich if Brighton don''t get through the play offs.[/quote]

Who set''s up Brighton for 1 - 0 wins, and malky is being dissed!!!![/quote]

I am not advocating Garcia just saying his name has been linked to Norwich in recent weeks.

But I agree his style could be considered a bit too Hughtonesque. We need to score more than 28 goals next season.

I would like to see us go down a different road, we have had the (1) ex players that know the club, (2) Managers that can work on a strict budget. I would like to see us get a manager that people would want to come here and play for, I would choose Hoddle, I know it would never happen but maybe the players that we are expecting to lose would want to stay and play for him, also he could be the deciding factor if its a tug of war for a player coming in. I can but dream.

my worry is the similarities with hughton, you could argue the hard done by nice guy supported by the press but sacked by the ''evil'' owner tag applied to both of themmaybe ashley and tan were right, ashley certainly was

There is another problem with Malky, In his dispute with Cardiff/Tan it was claimed he over spent on players (the same players that got them relegated) Can he be trusted to spend wisely ? 

The one thing we really learned this season is that we need someone who knows what they''re doing in the transfer market. We could get £20 million from transfer sales and will want to invest all of that in the squad. Malky''s transfer dealings were even more disastrous than Hughton''s. A decent Championship manager would be better than a failed Premier League manager or some random guy with an Italian surname.