Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Malky is the obvious choice

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I think that Sherwood has been on the coaching staff of a pretty successful premier league team, for a while now , he has done a decent job of guiding Spurs , and reinvigorating abandoned players ...displaying that he can be motivational, and shown that he has attacking intent and is capable of changing tactics while the game unfolds , bringing Spurs from a losing position to a win on more than one occasion .

I personally think this gives him a little more credibility than some are giving him here ...but we are all entitled to our opinion ![/quote]I think, for me, what he is doing at Spurs bears very little resemblance to what he would be asked to do as Norwich manager, in the fact that Spurs position is pretty far removed from ours. I doubt he would have much knowledge of Championship standard players, or any potential targets that cost less that 10 million.And doing what he is doing just now is very similar to what Adams was asked to do, theres no real pressure there, or expectation.So, from a managerial experience point of view, in what we would want him to do, I still see him as a bit of an unknown quantity.

Sherwood is the worst possible appointment. Big time Charlie who couldn''t wait to leave Norwich for the big time. Another spurs reject no thanks.

Malky just seems the perfect fit.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I think that Sherwood has been on the coaching staff of a pretty successful premier league team, for a while now , he has done a decent job of guiding Spurs , and reinvigorating abandoned players ...displaying that he can be motivational, and shown that he has attacking intent and is capable of changing tactics while the game unfolds , bringing Spurs from a losing position to a win on more than one occasion .

I personally think this gives him a little more credibility than some are giving him here ...but we are all entitled to our opinion ![/quote]I think, for me, what he is doing at Spurs bears very little resemblance to what he would be asked to do as Norwich manager, in the fact that Spurs position is pretty far removed from ours. I doubt he would have much knowledge of Championship standard players, or any potential targets that cost less that 10 million.And doing what he is doing just now is very similar to what Adams was asked to do, theres no real pressure there, or expectation.So, from a managerial experience point of view, in what we would want him to do, I still see him as a bit of an unknown quantity.

[/quote]

Fair comment Morty ....the first reply that hasn''t been purely vitriol without any substance or justification .

I can accept what you say ... but really don''t think MM has much more to offer than Neil Adams

He may be the obvious choice but we will have plenty of applicants. I do not think the most obvious is the right choice when we are in such a good position to attract the best manager who may be employed.

This is the biggest signing we need to make.

Malky did well with Watford who had all those loan players from Italy, and then with Cardiff who have always been round the play offs.

I do think he is the obvious choice is you want a quick fire appointment, but we need the right man and I do not think he is our best chance of going up when we can look at loads of applicants

I''m not sure he is an obvious choice. Much play is made of his gaining promotion with Cardiff, but he inherited a very good side,- Whittingham, etc., and Bellamy fell into his lap.

I''m not sure he added much in quality in his time, and the stars just became older. If he signed Caulker, this player has not really developed.

I liked him as a player and a man, and I think we treated him rather shabbily, and it would be a testament to his character and commitment if he was willing to come back, but...

Who''s to say Malky is inbound to NCFC? If Big Sam is shown the door as rumours are circulating, then Malky may have been approached to take the reins at the Hammers (He did play for them after leaving us)......

But, it''s just a personal thought.......

when you look at malky and Cardiff had bellers a premiership player playing in the championship reminds me when we got hucks and crouch in with worthy when we got up to premiership it was different story a big no from me !

Realistically who would want the job for the sake of the club??

Big Sam just wants his wages (too expensive I think) and for me he''s a managerial journeyman.

Sherwood - just no.....still sticks in my throat the way he celebrated when Sutton scored for Blackburn at the Carra.

Malky with NA as assistant - definitely. Knows the club, knows NA, would command respect and has done his apprentiship....and he would care.

I can''t think of anyone else available (now or soon to be) who would do a better job.

The recent Tan/apology lark has set off all the alarm bells in my vaults...........so stick with Neil.

[quote user="Ed the Canary"]Realistically who would want the job for the sake of the club??

Big Sam just wants his wages (too expensive I think) and for me he''s a managerial journeyman.

Sherwood - just no.....still sticks in my throat the way he celebrated when Sutton scored for Blackburn at the Carra.

Malky with NA as assistant - definitely. Knows the club, knows NA, would command respect and has done his apprentiship....and he would care.

I can''t think of anyone else available (now or soon to be) who would do a better job.[/quote]

Ooops - that was posted on my sons log-in, sorry. I don''t know what his preferences are, so just putting the record straight... http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-43.gif