Sign in to follow this  
morty

Who is actually available?

Bearing in mind I presume we have to give Hughton a payoff, I really can''t see us taking a manager who is already in employment.So who is realistically available then?Malky MackayNeil AdamsNeil Warnock.Any I have missed?

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I am[/quote]Send your CV to :-DeliaCarrow RoadNR1.

Don''t see why we couldn''t get a manager who''s in work. If we''re looking at an "on the up" manager at a smaller club (such as Howe) then the compensation isn''t going to be massive, unless they''re on a particularly long contract.

Despite what some would have you believe about the manager''s effect on results, it''s the most important "in" of the summer and we have to get it absolutely 100% correct.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Chris Hughton is out of work or perhaps Nigel Worthington if we''re looking for someone upwardly mobile?[/quote][:D]Yeah I believe that Worthington chappie is doing quite well for himself. This could be a pretty popular choice.Hughton in, Hughton out. Hughton shake it all about.

[quote user="STAN"]Steve Clarke?[/quote] not for me, he dined out on having Lukaku up front for a season then got found out.

I think you''re right Morty. There aren''t that many free and available at this moment.

The question will be whether the board will appoint someone in the next week or be more cautious and wait for the manager merrygoround to kick off in the close season.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Di Matteo[/quote]Somebody I know, who is in the know, reckons he would only manage a London club.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="STAN"]Steve Clarke?[/quote] not for me, he dined out on having Lukaku up front for a season then got found out.[/quote]

Don''t know what you mean? Found out in what respect ??

If he can get players like lukaku he''s the man for the job

Getting somebody who is available is the cheap option and usually means you are bringing in somebody who has failed to the point of getting sacked recently , Malky McKay being a prime example .

A few people I know, who I consider know what they are talking about, are saying they really don''t think it will be Malky....

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]If that is the case with Di Matteo ,,I think its a shame . He could be a good fit for us IMO .

Anyway..i think we all know what will happen ..

but as always ..I will be enthusiastically supporting NCFC :0[/quote]Yeah, he''s one I wouldn''t mind[Y]

The interesting thing with the manager merry go round is the views of the various fans of other clubs

We all thought that Steve Clarke got a poor deal but when you listen to Baggie fans, they didn''t rate him at all. Sounds familiar with us and Hughton?

Nothing is guaranteed but I hope it''s not Malky. If it is he will get 100% backing from us all I''m sure. There are many candidates mentioned that would be a damn sight worse but I would like someone who could influence some of our players to stay and then attract new players to the club

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...so who do they think it will be?[/quote]They didn''t say lol.And thats not me being coy.

Malky does seem a good fit for our circumstances but I''ll happily back whoever is chosen - of course it isn''t as though we have a lot of choice! DM (if he stays) isn''t going to want to make an (obvious) mistake, we have to trust the right guy will be taken on. The difficulty we have is that we want it sorted sharpish.

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]lol Morty I know exactly who you are referring to![/quote][;)]

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]I reckon he knows more than he''s letting on, he''s just worried we''d go around telling people! Lol[/quote]Yeah, I think you''re probably right!I certainly would have blabbed!