Sign in to follow this  
skeps

Malky settles legal action with Cardiff

Reports that he got nothing from the settlement but still apologised. What''s that all about? Vincent Tan must have been preparing a massive counterclaim.

Kangaroo Court wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 8:07 AM:

Reports that he got nothing from the settlement but still apologised. What''s that all about? Vincent Tan must have been preparing a massive counterclaim.

Must admit I was a bit surprised when I read these reports, no idea how reliable they are of course.

If they are true then presumably it shows his desire to put the whole thing behind him and find a new job.

Was Tan taking some sort of counter action?

Presumably the apology kills the whole thing dead.

Seems like a bit of a climb down but the alternative of long messy litigation is not attractive, he does need to move on.

One of the rules in employment law is that if you are suing for unfair dismissal, then you can''t take up a new position in another company. The fact that Malky has dropped a case that seemed so likely he would win, makes one think that an ideal position has instead become available. As this case could have gone on all year, it was a choice between one of the two.

This is why I assume the media have jumped to the conclusion that the new position is us (being the perfect time for planning next season). For reference, I''m quite happy with this, should it be the case (no pun intended).

The more I think about it the more it seems the reports of Malky getting nothing are garbage. If Tan did counterclaim then there''s no reason why that wouldn''t be made public. Probably Malky took a couple of million, issued an insincere apology and is ready to return to management.

This apology suggests to me that criminal charges were about to be issues against Moody and Mackay.

Possibly the Bond Villain had it right all along?

If it is the 15 million overspend then we can get past that, if it is the style of play ect then we have to consider whether we want that but we must be clear that it is nothing more serious.

I hope that the board speak to Tan before commiting to signing him up.

Sorry, that doesn''t sound at all likely, Bristol - if criminal charges were about to be issued, they still would be: a crime is wholly different to a contract dispute, and would still be pursued by the police.

My reading of things from knowing a bit about this sort of thing, is that there will have been an agreement for some sort of settlement (which will absolutely remain secret) if an agreed statement was made: of course there will very likely have been a counter claim by Tan against Malky (as there were between us v Villa/Lambert and vice versa when he left) which will have been dropped. The timing absolutely suggests that Malky pulled the plug to take up a new role somewhere, which may lend credence to the fact that there wasn''t any monetary recompense, but to me that does seem unlikely. I imagine any spin to the contrary comes from Tan (who barely comes out of this well).

The transfer ''overspend'' suggests a total lack of controls on the part of Cardiff rather than being anything to do with Malky per se: he is not an accountant. People spend a lot of time telling us that at NCFC the manager identifies who he''d like, the CEO/finance guys take over, so I doubt it would/could happen here.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Best stick with Neil.[/quote]Changed your mind again?[:D]

Good grief, that was a quick flip flop!

Nothing has changed, if it was to be Malky so it should still be, if someone else then it is all irrelevant.

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]i agree, i think its going to be malky and adams. im more than happy with that. well compared to the twats on here saying Warnock.[/quote]

What a stupid comment to make. It''s people like you that makes this forum a boor at times. By all means disagree but do so with some grace.

[quote user="Jenkins"]What''s all this "god help us " stuff.

It''s not an appointment yet, but when it is, he is a guy who knows the division well and knows how to get out of it.

What more do we want ?[/quote]This "God help us stuff" is because I don''t want to be subjected to any more dour football, which I firmly believe would be the case, if MacKay were appointed.  I and many others, have had to put up with that for nearly every match of Hughton''s reign as manager of our club.  If you want to, that''s your perogative but count me out.  I''m sure there will be better options available to us, and this seeming lemming like rush to appoint someone is ill advised.  Who we appoint next may turn out to be the most important for decades, let''s not get it wrong.

Lambert''s style was a one off and worked fantastically well for 3 years. But you can''t continue in that vain with success all the time. Even Lambert himself has given up that style of play.Move on people and welcome the new era whoever that maybe. I think too many want everything to be perfect and that isn''t going to happen.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Best stick with Neil.[/quote]

Changed your mind again?

[:D]
[/quote]

No morty,  the Tan/apology forced it.

It smells rotten if you ask me.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Best stick with Neil.[/quote]Changed your mind again?[:D][/quote]

No morty,  the Tan/apology forced it.

It smells rotten if you ask me.

[/quote]In what way?It smells like "Okay Malky, I have to pay you compo, but it suits neither of us to go to court and drag it out, here, take this reduced sum to settle things, but I want a public apology, as I feel you sleighted my reputation"Malky pockets some money, he can look for a new job, and Mr Tan''s honour is intact, everybody wins.

Huzzah! ! Just about sums it up Morty.

No conspiracy here, move on.

I wish Malky every success at his new club (hopefully not our club).

OldRobert wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 12:41 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

What''s all this "god help us " stuff. It''s not an appointment yet, but when it is, he is a guy who knows the division well and knows how to get out of it. What more do we want ?

This "God help us stuff" is because I don''t want to be subjected to any more dour football, which I firmly believe would be the case, if MacKay were appointed. I and many others, have had to put up with that for nearly every match of Hughton''s reign as manager of our club. If you want to, that''s your perogative but count me out. I''m sure there will be better options available to us, and this seeming lemming like rush to appoint someone is ill advised. Who we appoint next may turn out to be the most important for decades, let''s not get it wrong.

What we need is a manager who knows how to get out of the division, the Championship is an unforgiving place and I''m afraid for me winning and getting back up is the only thing that matters.

I don''t accept that Malky''s teams necessarily play dour football, what I do think is that Malky makes the best use of the resources he has available. That''s what good managers do.

What I have seen Malky''s teams do is focus very much on fitness and play a very high pressing game, that''s a style that might not fit with the mythological "Norwich" style, but it is effective and can be entertaining. In any event walking out of the ground, especially away from home with a win under your belt rarely sees fans looking down and miserable.

You can have all the pretty pretty stuff if you like OldRobert but for me next season has to be about effective efficient winners.

Robornio wrote "One of the rules in employment law is that if you are suing for unfair dismissal, then you can''t take up a new position in another company."

This is complete BS, there is no such rule. Who would come up with such a stupid rule? In fact, you are obliged to minimise your losses by seeking new employment. Do you really think the government would pass a law requiring anyone who has been unfairly dismissed to mope around on the dole?