Sign in to follow this  
skeps

Malky settles legal action with Cardiff

Did he actually throw any money Lapps or did he just hoodwink the Mockneys into thinking he would.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]If it wasn''t Mackay it would''ve been one of many other managers that could''ve taken them up in 2012/13[/quote]If it was that siple, why didn''t it work when Evans was throwing a bit of money your way?[/quote]They''d invested their money wisely pre-Mackay. Dave Jones had made a number of good signings and it was a question of when not if IMO.We, quite simply, didn''t invest it wisely.

Are you still here Mockney. Try this.

www.twtd.com

think you''ll find some fellow Mockneys there, maybe even the odd serial killer.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]If it wasn''t Mackay it would''ve been one of many other managers that could''ve taken them up in 2012/13[/quote]If it was that siple, why didn''t it work when Evans was throwing a bit of money your way?[/quote]They''d invested their money wisely pre-Mackay. Dave Jones had made a number of good signings and it was a question of when not if IMO.We, quite simply, didn''t invest it wisely.[/quote]Do you blame Evans for that or the managers he employed?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]If it wasn''t Mackay it would''ve been one of many other managers that could''ve taken them up in 2012/13[/quote]If it was that siple, why didn''t it work when Evans was throwing a bit of money your way?[/quote]They''d invested their money wisely pre-Mackay. Dave Jones had made a number of good signings and it was a question of when not if IMO.We, quite simply, didn''t invest it wisely.[/quote]Do you blame Evans for that or the managers he employed?[/quote]It''s a tricky one. Evans was obviously inexperienced in Football and thought that investment = success. Unfortunately, we all know that doesn''t really equate. You need the mentality, team spirit and ambition to succeed week in week out. Too many of our big-money signings didn''t have that attitude and we subsequently failed. It''s a shame we''re now being run under tighter ship given that McCarthy would''ve done much more with Evans'' millions than messrs Magilton, Jewell and Keane did.

Mackey and Adams together would give a nice balance. A former defender and a former attacker, something that was sorely missing in the previous setup.

Former centre-halves seem to be enjoying a lot of success in management at the moment. Get a well drilled defence and let the attacking players get on with what they''re there for - putting the ball in the back of the opposition''s net.

Does anybody know anything about Malky''s preferred back-up staff (assistants?) I haven''t a clue but most new managers like to bring their own team with them nowadays.

ncfcstar wrote the following post at 09/05/2014 4:10 PM:

I don''t know when you became self appointed King of these boards Morty, but god damn you need to take a step away and relax. That''s what a lot of us who used to post on here have done, this forum has become a shadow of its former self it''s about time you let it die.

There is a tendency to get carried away with ones own delusions of self importance. But hey!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Does anybody know anything about Malky''s preferred back-up staff (assistants?) I haven''t a clue but most new managers like to bring their own team with them nowadays.[/quote]

david kerslake and joe mcbride have been with him in the past, but both still at cardiff

[quote user="Jenkins"]ncfcstar wrote the following post at 09/05/2014 4:10 PM:

I don''t know when you became self appointed King of these boards Morty, but god damn you need to take a step away and relax. That''s what a lot of us who used to post on here have done, this forum has become a shadow of its former self it''s about time you let it die.

There is a tendency to get carried away with ones own delusions of self importance. But hey![/quote]Oh, the irony[:)]

[quote user="morty"]All things considered I wouldn''t be unhappy with Malky, with Adams as coach.

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]All things considered I wouldn''t be unhappy with Malky, with Adams as coach.

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]I wouldn''t be head over heels excited about it either though.Its an obvious, slightly lazy choice, if its the one the board makes.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t be head over heels excited about it either though.

Its an obvious, slightly lazy choice, if its the one the board makes.

[/quote]

I''m in a similar position. Not overwhelmed, but not gutted if we do get him. A large proportion of fans will be behind this appointment, so although it could be seen as lazy, it is also a sensible one from the board. They need the fans back on side and this could be a good start.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]I wouldn''t be head over heels excited about it either though.Its an obvious, slightly lazy choice, if its the one the board makes.Then you can bet your life that''s what we''ll get, God help us.[:''(]

[/quote]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]I wouldn''t be head over heels excited about it either though.Its an obvious, slightly lazy choice, if its the one the board makes.

[/quote]

I''m in a similar position. Not overwhelmed, but not gutted if we do get him. A large proportion of fans will be behind this appointment, so although it could be seen as lazy, it is also a sensible one from the board. They need the fans back on side and this could be a good start.

[/quote]Yeah I suppose it ticks most of the boxes, but I''m not pumping my fist in the air at the prospect.But of course we could all be completely wrong, this is an attractive job, and should interest a lot of managers.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]I wouldn''t be head over heels excited about it either though.Its an obvious, slightly lazy choice, if its the one the board makes.Then you can bet your life that''s what we''ll get, God help us.[:''(]

[/quote][/quote]Whilst I see what you''re saying, in recent years (post Gunn) their choices haven''t been bad. Regardless of what you thought of him towards the end, Hughton was just the man we needed after Lambert.

Sometimes the easy/obvious is that because it is the best option - none of us can say how things will work out but IMO it is a good fit all round for where we find ourselves. I''d have been less convinced if we''d stayed in the PL, but we haven''t. And presumably MM would be able to hit the ground running from day one, having been on a ''break''.

I do feel sorry for him having to come out with that ''statement'', you can imagine apologising to the nutter was far from what he wanted to do, but it presumably came with a decent compromise wedge, and cleared everything up.

[quote user="portman_king"]Oh dear. Mackay is Hootun Mk. II

Smacks of your board just trying to appease the fans and paper the cracks with a sentimental appointment.
[/quote]

You mean like you lot did with Magilton and Burley ? [;)]

Remember this Portman_king?

[quote user="portmanking"]Eh? I have stated all along that we will be spending good money on good players that are capable of going straight into the starting XI - and that we have done...We now have a core squad of 20+ and all are capable of playing at first team level and have earned the right. I personally think the joke will be on you come May - we certainly look like a team that doesn''t like to get beat.[/quote]

Did you really think you were a team that doesn''t like to get beat? That 4-1 & 5-1 were our easiest two wins if I remember correctly....

Quality manager at Championship level and I believe Cardiff were never in the bottom 3 under his hand. Would be very happy to have Malky with Adams as his assistant. Knows what it takes to get out of that league.

It would be a low-risk, sensible appointment.

I would be pleased with it .

I don''t think it''s fair to call it lazy or underwhelming - who are people expecting? You can only call it lazy or underwhelming if they haven''t considered other candidates and judging by McNallys comments during Hughtons tenure about always looking at managers - I presume they''ve done their homework.

It''s all guesswork and pointless anyway since he hasn''t even been announced.

What''s all this "god help us " stuff.

It''s not an appointment yet, but when it is, he is a guy who knows the division well and knows how to get out of it.

What more do we want ?

Would personally prefer Eddie Howe, but it would be a relatively sensible and safe that everyone could get behind, and we everyone pulling in the same direction from the off if we want to be in the promotion race.

No thanks.

DULL, DULL and DULLER....

Malky would keep us every bit on the edge of our seats in excitement as Chris Hughton did.

I am in favour of Eddie Howe all the way. Bournemouth''s financial situation and the fact he has shown he can be tempted (Burnley), added to the fact he is an ambitious manager who plays exciting, forward-thinking football.... yes please.

Those saying Malky with Adams as coach....have you not thought that perhaps the philosophies of the individual men (Malky preferring rigidity, organisation and defensive stability whereas Adams wants quick transitions, high pressure and counter attacks) would clash more than a little bit on the training pitch. Unless one or the other sells out on their beliefs it would be a match made in hell, and we would be largely directionless IMO.

Ex-players going back to manage old clubs just doesnt work we need to look elsewhere Eddie Howe or Uwe Rosler for me

[quote user="hogesar"]It would be a low-risk, sensible appointment.

I would be pleased with it .

I don''t think it''s fair to call it lazy or underwhelming - who are people expecting? You can only call it lazy or underwhelming if they haven''t considered other candidates and judging by McNallys comments during Hughtons tenure about always looking at managers - I presume they''ve done their homework.

It''s all guesswork and pointless anyway since he hasn''t even been announced.[/quote]I have said in other posts that if the board has genuinely trawled the whole market, read all the CV''s, and come to the conclusion that Malky is the best choice then fair enough.But I can guarantee you this, if things aren''t going well then the cries of "Little old Norwich, did it on the cheap again" won''t be far behind.