Sign in to follow this  
skeps

Malky settles legal action with Cardiff

[quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]I don''t see why Adams would find it "tough" to go back to managing the academy. He clearly has had success with them, none with the first team thus far, and also has only been in the job 5 minutes.[/quote]He has said he wants the managers job if he wasnt to get it i would guess he would be off to pastures new .[/quote]

what radio norfolk[/quote]I expect he could find a job somewhere working with youth , somewhere where he hasnt been snubbed . Cannot be very nice being replaced by somebody like McKay its not like we are actually bringing in anyone much better is it .

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]I don''t see why Adams would find it "tough" to go back to managing the academy. He clearly has had success with them, none with the first team thus far, and also has only been in the job 5 minutes.[/quote]He has said he wants the managers job if he wasnt to get it i would guess he would be off to pastures new .[/quote]

what radio norfolk[/quote]I expect he could find a job somewhere working with youth , somewhere where he hasnt been snubbed . Cannot be very nice being replaced by somebody like McKay its not like we are actually bringing in anyone much better is it .[/quote]What, Mckay with his actual couple of seasons management experience?

The opportunity for Adams to get another job at this standard is virtually impossible, it''s why he''s always going to say he wants it. Can''t blame him he probobly won''t get the chance again.

Realistically I think he will end up as a first team coach and mackay will take over. I was not in favour for mackay but to be fair he has a good championship record, scored 70 odd goals with Cardiff.

Onwards and upwards

[quote user="morty"]All things considered I wouldn''t be unhappy with Malky, with Adams as coach.

However once we get to the Premier league...
[/quote]

That mirrors my view a little - that the person you want to get us promoted is not necessarily the same manager you want to keep us there...  yet because they HAVE got you there clubs stay with them.

Would we be bold enough to promote and ditch,  as soton did but a little earlier!

I wasn''t too keen on Malky to begin with, but as soon as people starting mentioning Tim Sherwood, I''m suddenly desperate for Mr. Mackay. Malky and Neil would make a good team in the Championship. Back up in 1-3 years I reckon. Not so convinced we''ll get back at the first time of asking. Depends what players we lose. Mind you, I want us to lose a few of them i.e. RVW, Fer, Bassong.

If Malky joins us, hopefully he can tempt Frazer Campbell to join us. Him and Hooper up top would be pretty decent.

I don''t think Adams would have a problem working with Malky.

Neil is a level headed bloke and this would be a step forward in is management career.

This could be an excellent combination.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="morty"]All things considered I wouldn''t be unhappy with Malky, with Adams as coach.However once we get to the Premier league...[/quote]

That mirrors my view a little - that the person you want to get us promoted is not necessarily the same manager you want to keep us there...  yet because they HAVE got you there clubs stay with them.

Would we be bold enough to promote and ditch,  as soton did but a little earlier!

[/quote]Most managers only actually last around 18 months anyway.Its a tricky balancing act in our case, as finances play such a big part. Like this season, I''m pretty sure the board thought "Yeah, lets just hang on, get some more money at the end of the season, and see what we can afford" The decision isn''t always about whether the manager you have is the one you may want next season.

Malky is a hero of course but after perusing the CCFC forums I''m a little nervous about his appointment even if he would get us promoted. May be it''s doing him a disservice buy I don''t want Hughton Mark 2 tbh. This post sums it up:

"Good luck Malky, wherever it is you end up :thumbup: Do I think he will get promotion with Norwich? Quite probably. Would I want to watch his brand of football week in, week out? Never again. :thumbup:"

[quote user="Jules"]Malky is a hero of course but after perusing the CCFC forums I''m a little nervous about his appointment even if he would get us promoted. May be it''s doing him a disservice buy I don''t want Hughton Mark 2 tbh. This post sums it up:

"Good luck Malky, wherever it is you end up :thumbup: Do I think he will get promotion with Norwich? Quite probably. Would I want to watch his brand of football week in, week out? Never again. :thumbup:"[/quote]But show me a forum where a sacked manager is praised in any way?

Jules wrote the following post at 09/05/2014 3:25 PM:

Malky is a hero of course but after perusing the CCFC forums I''m a little nervous about his appointment even if he would get us promoted. May be it''s doing him a disservice buy I don''t want Hughton Mark 2 tbh. This post sums it up:

"Good luck Malky, wherever it is you end up :thumbup: Do I think he will get promotion with Norwich? Quite probably. Would I want to watch his brand of football week in, week out? Never again. :thumbup:"

Very few people will care about the "brand of football" if we win. If Malky is the man to get us promotion his style of football, whatever it may be, will be fine for me.

The style of football becomes a problem if it is boring and you lose.

Now longer term it may become an issue bit not for a while.

You can bet any blue/ red bird fan would have preferred to keep Malky and stay up.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]I don''t see why Adams would find it "tough" to go back to managing the academy. He clearly has had success with them, none with the first team thus far, and also has only been in the job 5 minutes.[/quote]He has said he wants the managers job if he wasnt to get it i would guess he would be off to pastures new .[/quote]

What a stupid thing to say.

Adams'' career: 4 games of football. 1 point.

Mackay''s career: 229 games, 1 playoffs finish, 1 league cup final, and one championship title/1 promotion.

No better at all eh?

what radio norfolk[/quote]I expect he could find a job somewhere working with youth , somewhere where he hasnt been snubbed . Cannot be very nice being replaced by somebody like McKay its not like we are actually bringing in anyone much better is it .[/quote]

That was meant to be a reply to CanaryOne''s comment of "its not like we are actually bringing in anyone much better is it".

In the Championship we can do no better. I have my reservations about him at the top level but he should guarantee us top 6 at least.

Long ball, direct, hard working but defensively solid football is fine by me, more than fine actually. It''s ultra defensive stand off, slow football that we all hate.

Plus his attachment and past achievements for the club will buy him time and patience through any rough patches which should maintain a decent atmosphere unless somehow we really start to struggle.

Gets my vote anyway.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]That wasnt Mackays style in the championship tho. I dont think anyone with Mick Mccarthy as manager should be commenting on style of play.[/quote]

Yes but he''s one of the boys, says it like it is and even drops the occasional expletive for effect. Mick and Tesser (to say nothing of Didsy, Murphs, Cressy and the rest of the boys) make such a happy bunch so are therefore destined for top-six next season.

As plain as the nose on Mick McCarthy''s face. (Eh?)

[/quote]For someone that doesn''t care about ITFC the fact you know some of our player''s nicknames is somewhat ironic.It''s a myth that McCarthy''s style of play is direct. It may be more defensive than most managers but he does encourage his teams to play out from the back.None of your current strikers would suit a direct Mackay style in the Championship.

For me though, its fine, as fans to say "I can''t think of anyone better" but the board and the CEO are paid to do just that.And I hope they are doing better than ""He''ll do, I can''t think of anyone better"

[quote user="morty"]For me though, its fine, as fans to say "I can''t think of anyone better" but the board and the CEO are paid to do just that.And I hope they are doing better than ""He''ll do, I can''t think of anyone better"[/quote]

He got a team up as champions of the division.

Looking at the other candidates unless we can try to get a laudrup/Lennon which I can''t see happening then Malky is far more qualified than Zola/Sherwood/Clarke

It really does smack of your board panicking and thinking ''oh yes, a Malky/Neyyyul combo will keep the fans on our side even though we should be receiving dogs abuse for the way we dithered and dallied this season''.Just because Mackay is a free agent and ex-Norwich doesn''t make him the best man for the job.Cardiff were a classic case of throwing enough money at promotion and eventually some of it stuck and they went up and had their brief moment in the sun. If it wasn''t Mackay it would''ve been one of many other managers that could''ve taken them up in 2012/13.

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"][quote user="morty"]For me though, its fine, as fans to say "I can''t think of anyone better" but the board and the CEO are paid to do just that.And I hope they are doing better than ""He''ll do, I can''t think of anyone better"[/quote]

He got a team up as champions of the division.

Looking at the other candidates unless we can try to get a laudrup/Lennon which I can''t see happening then Malky is far more qualified than Zola/Sherwood/Clarke[/quote]I am not saying he isn''t a good choice, but he should be made one based on his record, not just on the fact he is available, and he is an ex player.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]That wasnt Mackays style in the championship tho. I dont think anyone with Mick Mccarthy as manager should be commenting on style of play.[/quote]

Yes but he''s one of the boys, says it like it is and even drops the occasional expletive for effect. Mick and Tesser (to say nothing of Didsy, Murphs, Cressy and the rest of the boys) make such a happy bunch so are therefore destined for top-six next season.

[/quote]

For someone that doesn''t care about ITFC the fact you know some of our player''s nicknames is somewhat ironic.

It''s a myth that McCarthy''s style of play is direct. It may be more defensive than most managers but he does encourage his teams to play out from the back.

None of your current strikers would suit a direct Mackay style in the Championship.
[/quote]

I care intensely about ITFC, I am never off that TWTD forum. Unlike you though, I just peruse and would not have the cheek to post upon a rival''s territory. Some might call it an unwillingness to intrude upon private grief. I call it basic good manners.

There are many binners who are not over-happy with McCarthy''s style, and you know it. Having hardly seen you lot play this season you should surely ask  yourself from where this deduction came.

[quote user="portman_king"]It really does smack of your board panicking and thinking ''oh yes, a Malky/Neyyyul combo will keep the fans on our side even though we should be receiving dogs abuse for the way we dithered and dallied this season''.Just because Mackay is a free agent and ex-Norwich doesn''t make him the best man for the job.Cardiff were a classic case of throwing enough money at promotion and eventually some of it stuck and they went up and had their brief moment in the sun. If it wasn''t Mackay it would''ve been one of many other managers that could''ve taken them up in 2012/13.[/quote]You don''t even deserve an opinion on what it takes to be promoted to the Premiership.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]For someone that doesn''t care about ITFC the fact you know some of our player''s nicknames is somewhat ironic.It''s a myth that McCarthy''s style of play is direct. It may be more defensive than most managers but he does encourage his teams to play out from the back.None of your current strikers would suit a direct Mackay style in the Championship.[/quote]

I care intensely about ITFC, I am never off that TWTD forum. Unlike you though, I just peruse and would not have the cheek to post upon a rival''s territory. Some might call it an unwillingness to intrude upon private grief. I call it basic good manners.

There are many binners who are not over-happy with McCarthy''s style, and you know it. Having hardly seen you lot play this season you should surely ask  yourself from where this deduction came. [/quote]

The cheek to post upon a rival''s territory? Don''t be so god damn precious, sweetheart.

There are ITFC fans who are not overly happy with McCarthy''s style because we''re not going gung-ho and throwing 6-7 men forward with every attack. The balance of the ITFC squad is not quite right at present, we need more attacking wingers that much is certain, but the style of play, work rate and mentality is all there.

Anyway, I don''t want to go off topic - Mackay would be the convenient choice for you, and his appointment would please the simple folk, but in terms of having the personality, tactical nous and reputation to gut and rebuild your squad for another promotion tilt he''d be found wanting.

"The cheek to post upon a rival''s territory? Don''t be so god damn precious, sweetheart."

Why do you lot always find it to be insulting and personal when you find yourself up against it? You remind me of another loon-ball I have recently come up against.

If you don''t like the heat get out of the kitchen.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

"The cheek to post upon a rival''s territory? Don''t be so god damn precious, sweetheart."

Why do you lot always find it to be insulting and personal when you find yourself up against it? You remind me of another loon-ball I have recently come up against.

[/quote]I''m not up against it? There is no heat? I''m simply debating with rival fans, and it''s precious flowers like you who can''t seem to accept that and be grown ups and talk football.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

I''m not up against it? There is no heat? I''m simply debating with rival fans, and it''s precious flowers like you who can''t seem to accept that and be grown ups and talk football.
[/quote]

"Mackay would be the convenient choice for you, and his appointment would please the simple folk."

Call that debate?

Nothing you have said so far suggests that you are the slightest bit capable of sensible debate.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

I''m not up against it? There is no heat? I''m simply debating with rival fans, and it''s precious flowers like you who can''t seem to accept that and be grown ups and talk football.[/quote]

"Mackay would be the convenient choice for you, and his appointment would please the simple folk."

Call that debate?

Nothing you have said so far suggests that you are the slightest bit capable of sensible debate.

[/quote]

Jesus wept... you really are precious aren''t you?

There are simpletons that follow every single club - lord knows Ipswich have their fair share. What I''m saying is Mackay would appease the simple fans that will welcome their Captain Malky back with open arms without looking at the bigger picture.

I don''t know when you became self appointed King of these boards Morty, but god damn you need to take a step away and relax.  That''s what a lot of us who used to post on here have done, this forum has become a shadow of its former self it''s about time you let it die.

ManC that''s a really valid point. If we were still in Prem I wouldn''t go for Mackay but we need someone who has shown they can get us back up and of all the possibles mentioned his record is amongst the best, bettered some might say only by Nigel Adkins or Sam Allardyce, but Adkins would cost compo and Allardyce won''t be in our pay constraints.

This whole Malky news story suggests that he now has a job in the pipeline, otherwise why would he have reached a settlement ? My hunch is that he''s coming and will be announced within the week.

[quote user="portman_king"]If it wasn''t Mackay it would''ve been one of many other managers that could''ve taken them up in 2012/13[/quote]If it was that siple, why didn''t it work when Evans was throwing a bit of money your way?

Think I''ve wandered onto the wrong forum? I thought this one was to debate all things Norwich City not our mockney friends down the A140.

And that''s a no thanks to Malky or Adams or both at once from me.