Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Britt Assombalonga

Could be worth a look if Posh don''t go up? Genuinely pacey striker who can also play on the wing, scored 31 goals this season. Would be expensive as they only signed him a year ago but I''ve felt we''ve really lacked pace upfront this season and he could fill that void.

Actually not a bad shout, looking at his stats etc. Would be a few quid as they spent a record amount.

Last year Posh got Palace to pay £6.5m for Gayle. Assombalonga has scored more goals and brings more to the team how much will he cost? The days of multi million players has gone for now, by multi million I mean £%m and £8.5m.

Need to get a gem from somewhere to play the bustling striker role at a bargain price.

He looked like a nippy donkey to me.[:S]

Hardly seen him play but McGoldrick at Poorman Road is a fan''s favourite and scores a few. Two million to break their hearts and get a proven Championship goal-scorer at the same time sounds a good fit.

He will likely be lured away by bigger wages and far better prospects of PL football. 

Only seen him play today, plenty of pace, used to run in to offside positions a lot of times.4/5 times he was flagged 1st half and even his goal was!

[quote user="pete"]Last year Posh got Palace to pay £6.5m for Gayle. Assombalonga has scored more goals and brings more to the team how much will he cost? The days of multi million players has gone for now, by multi million I mean £%m and £8.5m.

Need to get a gem from somewhere to play the bustling striker role at a bargain price.[/quote]

£8.5m! Cant see us going for that. We could get another lightweight European striker for that amount...

We have good strikers at the club, would`nt it be better to get them playing to their potential rather than speculating yet more cash on Assombalonga? If we buy him and he doesnt score 15 in his first season do we then replace him with another prospect?You have to also ask why he was not spotted by our "scouts" before his move to Peterborough if he was such a good prospect. Has played at Braintree and Southend so its not as if he was off the local radar.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]We have good strikers at the club, would`nt it be better to get them playing to their potential rather than speculating yet more cash on Assombalonga? If we buy him and he doesnt score 15 in his first season do we then replace him with another prospect?You have to also ask why he was not spotted by our "scouts" before his move to Peterborough if he was such a good prospect. Has played at Braintree and Southend so its not as if he was off the local radar.[/quote]But the player has to be the right player at the right time, based on where you are playing your football. It would have been a big risk buying him when we were in the Premiership.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Molly Windley"]We have good strikers at the club, would`nt it be better to get them playing to their potential rather than speculating yet more cash on Assombalonga? If we buy him and he doesnt score 15 in his first season do we then replace him with another prospect?You have to also ask why he was not spotted by our "scouts" before his move to Peterborough if he was such a good prospect. Has played at Braintree and Southend so its not as if he was off the local radar.[/quote]But the player has to be the right player at the right time, based on where you are playing your football. It would have been a big risk buying him when we were in the Premiership.[/quote]I appreciate that he may not have slotted straight into a Premiership line up, was thinking more along the lines of buying potential at a lower price and then developing him. I believe he was under 21 so we could have added him to the 25 man squad as an under age player or loaned him out. We appear to have stopped trying to buy young potential and gone for the off the shelf options at higher prices.If we wanted to take a punt on him now he will probably be £5 million and its still a punt on a player untested at Championship or Premier level.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Molly Windley"]We have good strikers at the club, would`nt it be better to get them playing to their potential rather than speculating yet more cash on Assombalonga? If we buy him and he doesnt score 15 in his first season do we then replace him with another prospect?You have to also ask why he was not spotted by our "scouts" before his move to Peterborough if he was such a good prospect. Has played at Braintree and Southend so its not as if he was off the local radar.[/quote]But the player has to be the right player at the right time, based on where you are playing your football. It would have been a big risk buying him when we were in the Premiership.[/quote]I appreciate that he may not have slotted straight into a Premiership line up, was thinking more along the lines of buying potential at a lower price and then developing him. I believe he was under 21 so we could have added him to the 25 man squad as an under age player or loaned him out. We appear to have stopped trying to buy young potential and gone for the off the shelf options at higher prices.If we wanted to take a punt on him now he will probably be £5 million and its still a punt on a player untested at Championship or Premier level.[/quote]I''m hoping we''re more concentrating in developing our own youth talent, or the whole category 1 academy thing was a bit of a waste of money.