Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Malky probably the right man to get us back up but........

Why don''t we wait and see what happens? He might yet not come, we might not go up if he does, he might come and play with more ''style'' than people credit him with (it is often horses for courses, ie you go with what is there). If he comes and we go up we can worry about it when it happens.

[quote user="Dave"]I dont think his style of football is right to keep us up[/quote] Can''t believe that thinking. So and so would be the best get us promoted but I''m not sure I''d want him. How arrogant. We have no divine right to get promoted next season, so does it not make sense to get the guy most suited to the job of doing that and then deal with the rest if it happens? For me, I think Malkay is a premiership manager in the making. We''d be missing out if we passed up the opportunity of hiring him

Disagree jimmy.

I don''t think he is a premiership manager in the making. The merry go round of managers proves you may get a team up but you will be unlikely to continue to be a prem manager for the long term.

I think there are plenty of managers Brian McDermott who has managed in prem, Adkins and so many... Malky is in that league. We need a manager who can get quality in and get us winning early if we have the ambition to bounce back as I think even our older statesmen in the squad are cruising.

Malky is a choice but I hope we have more profile candidates, we saw what happened after worthy and also the season we were relegated with worthy. This is the most important signing.

Indeed, this is why we should be looking at managers with Championship promotions on their CVs. McCarthy and Warnock would be my preference as compared to Malky. Adams does not satisfy this criterion.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Indeed, this is why we should be looking at managers with Championship promotions on their CVs. McCarthy and Warnock would be my preference as compared to Malky. Adams does not satisfy this criterion.[/quote]Well actually malky has got a promotion on his CV .

I wonder how many would have felt Lambert was the right man at the time for the job. I suspect much the same as we are hearing from those who don''t want Malky now.  For what its worth, I think its more about the Management Team rather than the top man in isolation, so Malky plus attack minded coaches,(Adams would fit IMHO), maybe even our very own Darren Huckerby in there somewhere, would do for me.  Being a realist, we are not going to attract a fancy foreign Manager, and anyway unless you look at the top teams, the foreign managers we see such as at West Brom, Fulham and Cardiff are not very impressive.  Lets get this appointment in place asap and get on with prep for next season!!

IMO if we want a manger who knows his way around the football league and have a fair few promotions on his cv. Warnock has to be a serious consideration.

I appreciate Malky has achieved promotion. My point was that in terms of rankings, should either be available, I would prefer Warnock or McCarthy over Malky. Adams, on the other hand, shouldn''t be in the running for this critical first season. Fail next year, the club would have to be prepared to consolidate for many years at this lower level. Potentially, we would lose any of our remaining better players we manage to hang on to this Summer, and the financial viability of our academy would no doubt be under review. Adams might well be a potential appointment in such circumstances.

Private Frazer wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 3:55 PM:

IMO if we want a manger who knows his way around the football league and have a fair few promotions on his cv. Warnock has to be a serious consideration.

There have been a few posters mocking Colin, he is always good for a mock, but actually his track record it excellent

What we will need is a manager who can get us a quick, an immediate return to the EPL and the club should think no further than that surely?

We really need a harsh (but fair) disciplinarian.......Malky fits the bill, and at Colney he will thrash the slackers to within an inch of their expensive motor''s with a reinforced corner flag.....FACT!

With ''HALLO NEYUL'' as his sidekick......We''re truly destined for greater things! ANOTHER FACT!

[quote user="Jenkins"]Private Frazer wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 3:55 PM: IMO if we want a manger who knows his way around the football league and have a fair few promotions on his cv. Warnock has to be a serious consideration. There have been a few posters mocking Colin, he is always good for a mock, but actually his track record it excellent[/quote]

Undoubtedly he has a great record in this division, but won''t he run the risk of alienating a large amount of fans before a ball is kicked?

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 4:10 PM:

What we will need is a manager who can get us a quick, an immediate return to the EPL and the club should think no further than that surely?

You have that one right Mark

I believe Warnock would come here as we''re relatively stable. May have a modest amount to spend and a board that won''t interfere like some do at other clubs.

"Undoubtedly he has a great record in this division, but won''t he run the risk of alienating a large amount of fans before a ball is kicked?"

Whoever we get, guaranteed some fans will find some reason to moan.

Herman wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 4:19 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

Private Frazer wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 3:55 PM: IMO if we want a manger who knows his way around the football league and have a fair few promotions on his cv. Warnock has to be a serious consideration. There have been a few posters mocking Colin, he is always good for a mock, but actually his track record it excellent

Undoubtedly he has a great record in this division, but won''t he run the risk of alienating a large amount of fans before a ball is kicked?

Probably most fans would be against him Herman, but it matters not, managers sink or swim by results, if we are winning they will tolerate him, if we are losing he will be slaughtered. Just like CH and all the others.

If so many moaned about Hughton''s style of football then they would be begging him to come back if we appointed Warnock or McCarthy both of whom have really poor Premier League records.

Betfair has Sherwood but my guess right now is Malky 1 and Adams as number 2. Reading Pinkun tonight makes me think it''s already decided.