Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Who is the 6ft, white Chris Hughton?

Yes all correct Malky Mackay, got all the credentials our non ambitious board love and will not argue back to them because he needs to recoup the money he has just lost to Cardiff.

Another sad day in NCFC history coming up I fear.

Yer someone who had 3 good seasons as a championship manager, a manager who built a championship winning squad the last time he was in the championship. A manager who arguably didnt play the best football in the prem, but that certainly wasnt the case in the championship. A manager who isnt afraid to use younger players Ben Nugent, Declan John for example. A man who would have the fans on side from the off & probably the influence of a more attack minded coach like Neil Adams. I cant see why this wouldn''t work. Obviously did a great job at Cardiff because of the outrage from Cardiff fans when he got sacked. Didnt hear any fans saying "thank god hes gone we play rubbish football etc".

[quote user="simmo_2"]Yes all correct Malky Mackay, got all the credentials our non ambitious board love and will not argue back to them because he needs to recoup the money he has just lost to Cardiff.

Another sad day in NCFC history coming up I fear.[/quote]Oh, has he got the job then?

people saying Cardiff were "negative" base that on one match at Carrow road.....

Lets not forget Cardiff beat Man City this season under Malky, as well as in the last few years losing in the playoffs, winning the league and losing to Liverpool in the league cup final.... thats Liverpool.. on Penalties...

Still, he''s hughton again eh?

So Malky would be the choice of our non ambitious board. Please do tell in your infinite wisdom who they should be going for. I''ve sen no suggestions from the we don''t want Malky brigade.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]So Malky would be the choice of our non ambitious board. Please do tell in your infinite wisdom who they should be going for. I''ve sen no suggestions from the we don''t want Malky brigade.[/quote] I just want someone who will stand up to the board, the referees and everything NCFC.

Note, not one player complained to the Ref when penalty was turned down last Sunday, this is a typical NCFC situation which needs more B@@@@s which would come with a stronger character managing NCFC.

It''s a bit harsh to be critisising the manager of a newly promoted club like Cardiff for playing defensive football some of the time.

What else was he supposed to do?

[quote user="Jenkins"]It''s a bit harsh to be critisising the manager of a newly promoted club like Cardiff for playing defensive football some of the time.

What else was he supposed to do?[/quote]Not saying he is defensive, just another Yes man for the board

The Board must get this appointment right.

Malky the obvious choice knows the Championship he is available. Doubt we could afford to pay another round of compo. Hopefully does not have management team in tow and Adams could be first team coach as has proved tactically aware.

Need to get the new manager in soonest and presume Malky is rested and refreshed. Trust West Ham will not be interested if they are need to look elsewhere but as WHU fans didn''t like Allardyce style maybe Malky stands no chance.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 10/05/2014 10:29 AM:

Yes man?

Do you not know why Tan sacked him?

Do you think some people make It up as they go along Ginger.

Now Malky is being accused of being a "yes man"

Unbelievable!

Even if it were true, it does answer as to why the board stuck with Hughton for so long - its because he was the kind of  manager they wanted - and it is also why people are underwhelmed at the thought of Malky coming in - because he may continue in a similar vein.   The only thing that Malky might have to start with is a bit more fan support because he is "one of ours" - a courtesy that was never extended to Hughton by some of the "little Norwichers"  who claimed from the off Hughton wasn''t the right fit for our club.   

Roeder, Gunn, Hughton, Adams, Mackay - there is a pattern there - although Lambert was the odd one out - an inspired choice maybe - or was it a panicked choice given the circumstances of Lambert''s audition show and the 1-7 ?     Lambert came in to get us out of League 1 and having achieved that stayed longer because he was so successful, but I often wondered given his colourful language at club dinners etc, how he fitted in with the heirachy a the club. Perhaps his departure was more to do with a desire to return to a more pragmatic, dare I say, more controllable, way of doing things.

@ Jas

Malky is negative because of the rigidity of his setup, the lack of movement in transitioning between phases of play and the prevalence of organisation in defence over a desire to get forward and put other teams on the back foot.

I watch enough football to have seen a fair few Cardiff games. Malky is honestly not the man, unless you want Hughton again

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]So Malky would be the choice of our non ambitious board. Please do tell in your infinite wisdom who they should be going for. I''ve sen no suggestions from the we don''t want Malky brigade.[/quote]

Then you should read ALL the other threads on the subject Numpty

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]@ Jas

Malky is negative because of the rigidity of his setup, the lack of movement in transitioning between phases of play and the prevalence of organisation in defence over a desire to get forward and put other teams on the back foot.

I watch enough football to have seen a fair few Cardiff games. Malky is honestly not the man, unless you want Hughton again[/quote]if we get promoted who cares?the fans cant have their cake and eat it...

I don''t think he would get us promoted. These are players demoralised and disheartened from having conservative approaches drilled into them. They need to be let off the leash and in the Championship have the ability to do damage. I do not believe Malky would inspire this current crop any more than Hughton did and for that reason I do not believe he would get us promoted unless he made wholesale changes and bought in players who do buy into regressive football.

The current crop don''t, though.

Be careful what you wish for.