Sign in to follow this  
pete

Dyke latest nutter to head the FA

B League made up of 10 Premier League teams and 10 Conference teams with promotion to Div1. Surprising that Liverpool, Man U, Man C and Tottenham think its a good idea to have a more competitive league for their youngsters. And sod the rest of the teams in the football league.

Will never get off the ground only even Premier league teams who will not get into B League will object.

Perhaps C League with promotion to B League maybe eh Greg, then D League etc. etc.

No one has explained just who would select those clubs who could have a B team. Reminds me when academies came in there were only supposed to be a few at the biggest clubs, not at every Prem side & quite a lot of others

The proposals are not quite as reported in the press,  this is the passage from the FA`s official commissions report.

FA Chairman’s England Commission 2014 Proposed solutionsAll Premier League clubs at the start of the 2015-16 season would be eligiblefor a B team to be playing in the lower leagues in 2016-17. It would be up toeach individual club to decide whether or not it wanted one.B teams would play in stadia, most likely a small stadium built expressly forthe purpose or at a nearby lower league club’s stadium shared in return forinvestment in improved pitch and facilities.Space for these clubs would be made primarily through the creation of a newLeague 3 within the Football League in 2016-17. This division would initiallybe made up of 20 clubs of which up to ten would be Premier League B teamsand the other ten places would be taken by the top teams from theConference Premier.

By creating spaces within the current footballing pyramid, no clubs would bedisplaced by this system.There could be a later option of enlarging the new League 3 to 24 teams,depending on the number of Premier League clubs that eventually wantedor became eligible for a B team.Should more than ten Premier League clubs want and be eligible for a B teamin 2016-17, further B teams would initially play in the Conference Premier inthat season.There would be promotion and relegation between the four leagues – League1, League 2, League 3 and Conference Premier. B teams would be unable toprogress into the Championship and must always be at least one divisionbelow the senior team.The reorganisation of the league system could allow the introduction of auniversal three up, three down approach across all four leagues. It could alsoallow a reduction in league size, if that were desired.B teams would not be able to play in The FA or League cups but it may makesense for them to be able to play in an enlarged Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.B teams playing in the Football League or the Conference would not be votingmembers of those leagues. They will be associate members only.The eventual structure and distribution of B teams would clearly be a decisionfor the clubs in the Football League and the Conference.At least 19 of the B team squad of 25 should be players under the age of 21(at the start of the season) and only three on the match day team sheet of 18players can be over 21.At least 20 of the 25 players should qualify under the Home Grownplayer rules.At least five of the 25 players should be club-grown players as per theUEFA definition22.Non-EU players playing in England would not be able to play in the B team.In order to encourage first team experience, any B team player can be calledinto the first team squad at any time.A player under 21 is not permitted to return to the B team once he has playedmore than ten games in the first team.

I personally think it''s a great idea to improve the national side, my only concern would be a blockage at the top of league 1 from these B team not being able to get any higher, which obviously could be detrimental to lower league clubs finances which is why the other proposed idea of restructuring the loan system (which i haven''t noticed much fuss about in the media?) where the parent club still controls their players training, diet, etc... With this new restructuring of the loan system the parent club is also required to help out the lower club with finances and even sending over coaches. So the young players are still being trained how the parent club want, the players are still getting that competitive experience that the fa commission wants and it benefits everyone in general!

I think when taken in isolation, a B league sounds a good idea, if you are only thinking of improving the quality of young english players by playing more competitive football, but in reality its just a vehicle for the big clubs to play their young english players because they have stockpiled all the young talent from around the world.

I think we simply have to rethink the youth set up, it seems more about buying the best players from abroad and then loaning them out to other teams ei lukaku, rather then teaching and training young local lads so that they become top players.

B teams work abroad because they dont hae the same number of proffesional clubs that we do

If B teams are going to be introduced, maybe look at introducing them into a league that would benefit from it ie lower scottish leagues, who may welcome english b teams to help boost the revenue/gate receipts etc, Allow promotion and relegation then, They may find Celtic v Man utd B attractive, but it has to be introduced in a way for everyone benefit, not just steam rollering over the small clubs just for the benefit of the big clubs and England

I can only see where this would help the top Premier League teams with mega bucks to splash around. Take a club of our size, but not necessarily us,Could we assemble and finance a first team squad of 25 players and a B team squad of 25 (within the propose rules) plus an youth team?It isnt clear whether players can be registered in both squads at the same time?The Strategic Loan Partnership looks a little more sinister to me, lower clubs in financial trouble may have to sell out part ownership of their club (up to 25% from 10%) and control over coaching and team selection and formations in return for financial backing. e.g. Parent club wants/insists player A plays in position B and the team has to play 4-4-2 all the time as thats what the parent club play. I can see some clubs losing control of their own club in return for becoming nothing more than feeder club for their better off new part owners. A 25% stake in a club could well be a controlling interest, especially if partnerships are formed with other major shareholders.

Awful idea - belittles all the lower leagues, and makes the biggest clubs even bigger at the expense of the others.

In short, it seems we gave to ruin football as we know it on the vague off chance that it might help the national side (that no-one really cares about any more).

What is needed is more/better facilities and more coaching - I don''t know the accuracy of it but there was a stat that in Spain there''s something like 20,000 to our 3,000 coaches, yet we have more clubs. Address those things first and it would surely help far more - you then get better players coming through at all levels.

Or, why not use the current u-21/reserve set up to make it more competitive, with proper competition, promotion/relegation....much like they are doing next season already.

Lower league clubs getting shit on in my opinion. Like someon made the point Lindgard would be the type of player the B team is designed for. Instead hes scoring in a play off semi final. How does playing against conference team make the England team better ? If they are good enough they will break through.

As said in the other thread this is plainly stupid, the solution isn''t creating more teams let alone allowing the premier league to now have even more control throughout the divisions. The solution is better coaching and more opportunities at the top level for English players, how does this help that?

Create a B league, agreed. Don''t mix it in though. Why? Just loan out your young players to lower league clubs, it''s the same thing?! Also, shouldn''t we be focusing on youth development at an earlier age? 5-11.

It''s simple. Force all Prem clubs to play a minimal number of English players per game (say 5). That will actively encourage investment / development of English players from top to bottom.

Shouldn''t have wasted all the money on Wembley - was far more inclusive when the England team was playing around the country.

Why restructure to help the richest clubs again? As far as England is concerned - we might as well re-name the country London.

Ignoring the nuts and bolts of this idea which would no doubt be "hacked" by certain clubs, surely Dyke has created a talking point at the highest level of the supposed governing body of football in England.

Something has to be done quickly before football follows many other sports which have seen the influx of foreign players prove detrimental to not only the national side, but inevitably the league system purported to serve and sustain it.

Personally I agree with the post regarding restricting the amount of foreign players. I am sure if one brave prominent league, like our Prem, stood up and said they were ignoring any directive and placing a restriction, then others would follow suit and no punishment would follow.