Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Who do you want to win the play-offs?

Looking at both League 1 and the Championship here. As far as the Championship goes, I''d like to see Derby or Wigan go up. Aside from the 3-2 against Derby, can''t remember many particularly good results against either team in recent years, and could see both being strong contenders next season. QPR can throw all the money at wages and transfers that they want, it can''t buy them a team. I also think Brighton would be a nice ground to visit, and I don''t think they''ll be auto-promotion candidates next season.

League 1, I think I''d prefer Rotherham to go up. We haven''t played them in a league game for years, and their new ground is supposed to be nice. Other than that it might be fun playing Peterboro'' but I''m not sure I could stomach being in the same league as Barry Fry and Darragh MacAnthony. Leyton Orient beat us in the FA Cup and the last time we played them in the league, so they''ve got the ominous beginnings of being a bogey team for us. If Preston go up they''d be in a stronger position to tempt Declan Rudd away, though I imagine he''ll probably be competing to be our first choice keeper at the start of next season.

I''m a big fan of Barry Fry so would like Peterborough to come up to the Championship. Nice easy ground to get to aswell. From the Championship my heart says Brighton. Head says Wigan will do it.

I don''t want Brighton to go up and I would like Preston to win the div. 1 play off. simple reason really, it''s two grounds I''ve never visited.

Don''t really care that much, but Preston would be good for Declan''s experience; I always thought Wigan would go up to PL, but given their European/FA Cup exploits they did well to get to the play-offs and maybe they''ll run out of steam.

I''m a bit torn, given that I live in the Brighton area, their fans and the club deserve Premier League football, but on the other hand, it''s a bloody easy away game if they stay down.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m a bit torn, given that I live in the Brighton area, their fans and the club deserve Premier League football, but on the other hand, it''s a bloody easy away game if they stay down.[/quote]
Same for me and Derby