Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Could Mcmanaman do a job for us?

I know he is now 33 & had quite a few injuries in the past,but i have read that Steve Mcmanaman will be leaving Man City on a free at the end of the season.I think he is really past playing in the Prem now but could probably do a good job in the Fizzy league if we were to get relegated.Although the likelyhood of him coming here would be slim,but i would bet my house that he would end up playing for one of our promotion rivals if we are in that league.Could he do a job for us? What does one think?

Also i have seen that Kliuvert is going to be offloaded by the Toon in the summer for free aswell,but i dont think il bother to go there somehow!

maybe, but why do we want the reject from toon when we have ASHTON!!!!!!!!

The only benefit he''d be is to the club shop in increased sales of the letters on the back of the shirts,provided they could find someone daft enough to want that lazy,injury ridden name plastered across their back

The only thing McManaman had was pace and dribbling ability...he now has neither.

You''ll see that older players who had pace as their main strength either retire early, or slip down the leagues.

Free transfers will probably be the route we take in the summer should we go down for squad players, with two key position being strengthened with signings involving a decent fee.

Would be interesting to see a list of players out of contract in the summer actually...I''ll have a dig around and see what I can find.

As for Macca...It''s a polite no!

There is a website that shows out of contract players because i saw it last summer.But can i remember what its called now? Can i bugger!

This has got to be one of the funniest posts i''ve ever read.

So...why would we want to have a player, who was once good, who is currently paid 50k a week, who not even the king of manmanagement, kevin keegan could get motivated, in our team?!

twosheds, i think its just on the pfa website for the list of out of contract players btw

Hahahaha this is funny!!

I agree with Robbo007

1. He is currently of Man Citys highest earners, so how could we afford his wage bill.

2. Im pretty sure he would rather retire than play in the fizzy league with us.

3.He cant get motivated, is injury prone and puts in no effort at all. That doesnt sound like the type of player Worthy would sign.

Over the years I have been a big fan of Maccas and feel he has been under used as a player for England with only Venables getting the best from him.

However as the other posters point out his heart is no longer in football and his best performances are long gone - at least Helveg has a reason to play with next years world cup; I couldnt see Macca being anything other than a drain on our resources.  Unless the job we are looking at is assistant academy coach o cheif boot polisher in which case I am sure we can find a suitable wage for him 

Right position for us though - midfield needs a total revamp next season, with a good central defender to partner the awesome Shacks.

OTBC

Yes he could do a job for us,

Ball boy,

Programme seller,

One of those blokes who comes on at half time with a fork.

Or you could tie a hankie to his head and use him as a corner flag.