Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Adams has the transfer market knowledge...

Many people are suggesting Neil Adams would be the wrong appointment as the next permanent Norwich City manager due to his lack of experience in the role and in the transfer market.

I would just like to point out there has been many a time listening to Neil Adams on Canary Call, game after game when we were struggling in the championship were he has identified up and coming players that he would like to see at the club. Charlie Austin was one of them and look at his goal tally this season.

I am sure Neil all ready has identified his summer targets and will sit down and discuss these with David McNally as part of his interview process. This is where McNally the needs to support Neil and use his CEO experience to go out and get those players.

So in my opinion experience of a transfer window is not essential. Neil has a good head on him and identifying the right targets is all he needs to do with accessing who to let go. In Neil I trust...

[quote user="Stangerz"]Many people are suggesting Neil Adams would be the wrong appointment as the next permanent Norwich City manager due to his lack of experience in the role and in the transfer market. I would just like to point out there has been many a time listening to Neil Adams on Canary Call, game after game when we were struggling in the championship were he has identified up and coming players that he would like to see at the club. Charlie Austin was one of them and look at his goal tally this season. I am sure Neil all ready has identified his summer targets and will sit down and discuss these with David McNally as part of his interview process. This is where McNally the needs to support Neil and use his CEO experience to go out and get those players. So in my opinion experience of a transfer window is not essential. Neil has a good head on him and identifying the right targets is all he needs to do with accessing who to let go. In Neil I trust...[/quote]

Some good points Stangerz, Neil''s not an idiot like some on here believe.

Just feel he is being condemned before even given a chance. To be accessed on games including Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and no transfer window to have an oppertunity to bring in his own players is tough predicament to have been in.

As pointed out in a previous post I started, the results against these teams at any other time of the season and everybody wouldn''t have battered an eyelid. Houghton got 0 points in the return fixtures against these teams this season and Adams still has a chance to get three against Arsenal tomorrow.

I just think we''ve got our man already in place with the team showing that they are clearly getting the best off from him with an oppertunity to only grow and go forward.

A good performance tomorrow and he will be announced as manager after the game. I hope so anyway (on both counts). [<:o)]

its different wanting to see a player at a club and actively going out and getting him...I want Andrea Pirlo, Leo Messi and Thibault Cortois but it doesnt mean we can sign them does it?!?!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A few years on canary call and managing kids does not inspire me with confidence in relation to the transfer market[/quote]Yup, this.

We shall be losing half our team over the next few weeks, replacing them is a job for an experienced Championship manager. We mustn''t return the club to the situation of five years ago.

I don''t remember reading any post on this site where anybody has suggested or intimated thai Neil Adams is an idiot,you made that up Dave.

Don''t we have a scouting network and a director of recruitment?

Isn''t it the managers job to identify types of players he is after and their job to find and assess them?

Otherwise, if it''s all down to the manager to identify all his targets, why do we have these people?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Is half our team out of contract in the next few weeks ?[/quote]Contracts wont mean much now we are down , Fer , Wolfswinkle and Snodgrass are not out of contract but i doubt very much you will see them kick a ball in the Champs .

[quote user="Monty13"]Don''t we have a scouting network and a director of recruitment?

Isn''t it the managers job to identify types of players he is after and their job to find and assess them?

Otherwise, if it''s all down to the manager to identify all his targets, why do we have these people?[/quote]Its a reasonable point I suppose, but I think a manager should have a few ideas of his own.This takes me back to ( If I remember right ) didn''t Bryan Hamilton sign someone based purely on a video, and hadn''t actually seen him play? I don''t think a manager should necessarily do it all himself, but he should have a good working knowledge of targets, and only use the scouting network to supplement it.

God alone knows what Hamilton based most of his signings on - several of them were that bad I doubt he''d seen a tape of them, maybe he just liked their names or something. Raymond De Waard in particular.

Don''t you idiots listen to city 1st ? the manager has no say whatsoever in who we sign it is all decided by the scouting network and then rubber stamped by the board over a few large G&T''s in the boardroom... The poor old manager has to work with who he is given...christ almighty it''s not rocket science i don''t know why you idiots fail to grasp this ? Luckily there are a few people who understand the workings of a football club but not many on here by the looks of it [:D]