Sign in to follow this  
24March1985

Anyone else watch Rudd in play offs?

A solid performance from Rudd including some very good, well-judged saves in the second half.

The match was worth seeing just for the magnificent goal from Garner - a player I always look out for after his hat trick v Ipswich earlier this year!

It''s great that Rudd is getting experience of high pressure playoff games, can only help us out. Fingers crossed he can get to Wembley.

Yes I saw it too. Couple of good saves but I wasn''t too convinced about  his position for the Rotherham goal. Am I the only one?

Watched it and he did well. Especially the brave save when the forward ran through on goal. By all accounts he''s had a good season.

Now it''s time for the Worthy Show[H] [Y]

I don''t think he was helped by his CB Badger, who should have been across to block the shot. I don''t know if he was hesitant because he was waiting for him to move.

Yes he is going to be good enough, IMO (and of course could be promoted with Preston so would be a Champs keeper for them anyway); Ruddy''s transfer fee may well depend on if he gets to the World Cup squad (and play) but didn''t we turn down c£7m last year? Could perhaps be a bit less as we''re not PL any more, but then again he signed a new contract - we may be in a position to take good players on,loan as part of any deal?

Yes perhaps that''s it splutcho - I just thought that the striker had a hell of a lot of goal to aim at.

[quote user="splutcho"]Unfortunately not Nutty, the game is called off![/quote]

Yes so I see Splutch. I gave up the remote for half an hour when I heard the game had been put back to 8pm. I won''t get back again all night now!

I did catch Mrs nutty doin'' a rain dance[st] in the kitchen earlier...

We could get £8m for ruddy maybe? Got few years on contract and Chelsea where willing to pay a bit last year and I watched Declan Rudd play he was very quick off his line and his kicking was good!

I know before anyone makes the point that it is the Mail reporting this, but today''s article on the World Cup squad suggests Ruddy will be chosen ahead of Forster.

I hope this is the case because it will be an acknowledgement of the fact that Ruddy has faced top class strikers all season which is certainly not the case in the SPL.

Selection could also have a beneficial impact on Ruddy''s transfer value if indeed offers come in this summer.