Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

If the Arsenal game is a dead rubber will you boycott it?

I''m a cock. Is that the best you can do?

Mind you, Paul couldn''t even think of an insult of his own so you seem to have a bit more than him.

I think it''s fans like you two who have helped drag us down to where we are today. I bet you don''t make a peep in the ground. N&P Lower I''d guess.

Make sure you stay behind for that lap of honour.

Well thought out and logical post OP, but I cannot agree with your conclusion re: boycotting. To me that is rather like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Mistakes have been made for sure and quite a few of them but it''s our Club and we are happy to wallow in the good times so we should therefore be big enough to accept the bad.

Things aint that bad IMO. Debt free, parachute money, money from a few saleables and we will be left with the nucleus of a more than decent squad to parade their talents in front of the inevitable full houses.

We also have one of the best crop of youngsters the Club has ever had.

This has turned out to be a season of woe, but we can still come out of it smelling of roses because of the above plus factors.

A boycott will achieve nothing. We are a middle sized club (ie. not big, not small) and we have no right to expect continuous PL membership.

Above all we must support Norwich City in the best ways we can. Empty seats will achieve nothing in this respect. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]And are you trying to somehow belittle my opinion, or insult me, because I used to be in the forces?You really are a special guy.[/quote]I said, that your opinion comes from your time in the forces where you just follow orders.  Hence when anyone critisizes the management and/or board  (aka above them in the chain of command) it goes against the way you have been trained to think as an army grunt. You also spendmake childish insults to people who''s opinon differs from your own. And in fact people like Rudolph who were right when you were wrong, both now and back during the Worthy days.[/quote]Oh dear, your stereotypical opinion is embarrassing.[/quote]Absolutely not, many ex-forces manage to adapt to the real world. Some don''t, and are unable to break from their deference to the superior officer, and the endless mind numbing childish insults. like you.[/quote]See my last answer lol.Your concept of the armed forces seems to be stuck in 1950''s conscription days. Your ignorance really is truly embarrassing.And as I told you the last time you bumped your gums, I wasn''t in the army.Out of interest, what do you do for a living?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''m a cock. Is that the best you can do?

Mind you, Paul couldn''t even think of an insult of his own so you seem to have a bit more than him.

I think it''s fans like you two who have helped drag us down to where we are today. I bet you don''t make a peep in the ground. N&P Lower I''d guess.

Make sure you stay behind for that lap of honour.[/quote]Yes you are.Prove me wrong.Good luck with that.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Well thought out and logical post OP, but I cannot agree with your conclusion re: boycotting. To me that is rather like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Mistakes have been made for sure and quite a few of them but it''s our Club and we are happy to wallow in the good times so we should therefore be big enough to accept the bad.

Things aint that bad IMO. Debt free, parachute money, money from a few saleables and we will be left with the nucleus of a more than decent squad to parade their talents in front of the inevitable full houses.

This has turned out to be a season of woe, but we can still come out of it smelling of roses because of the above plus factors.

A boycott will achieve nothing. We are a middle sized club (ie. not big, not small) and we have no right to expect continuous PL membership.

Above all we must support Norwich City in the best ways we can. Empty seats will achieve nothing in this respect. 

[/quote]

Thanks Broadstairs. Interesting points which I wholly respect. You may very well be right.

Here''s hoping for a miracle.

And you are choosing to insult proper supporters who still go to games and support their team, and specifically ones in the lower N&P?Well played[Y]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]And as I told you the last time you bumped your gums, I wasn''t in the army.[/quote]Navy wasn''t it Mark [;)], not a surprise given your fascination with cocks, dicks and tally-whackers.

[/quote]Didn''t we have this exact conversation about a week ago?You should visit your doctor if you really don''t remember what was discussed.Ah, and now some casual homophobia?Proper covering yourself in glory tonight fella[Y]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

The managerial appointment will be the key in all this.  Getting a side back to winning ways on relegation is no mean feat given the massive squad turnover likely in the summer.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''m a cock. Is that the best you can do?

Make sure you stay behind for that lap of honour.[/quote]Yes you are.Prove me wrong.Good luck with that.[/quote]

Is that it?!! I thought you had more to you than that.

The thing about insults is it depends who is issuing it as to how effective it is. I simply can''t feel insulted by you, Morty.

[quote user="morty"]And you are choosing to insult proper supporters who still go to games and support their team, and specifically ones in the lower N&P?Well played[Y][/quote]

So I''m right then.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''m a cock. Is that the best you can do?

Make sure you stay behind for that lap of honour.[/quote]Yes you are.Prove me wrong.Good luck with that.[/quote]

Is that it?!! I thought you had more to you than that.

The thing about insults is it depends who is issuing it as to how effective it is. I simply can''t feel insulted by you, Morty.[/quote]Thats because you are a pathetic no mark, sat behind a keyboard, who doesn''t even support his team by going to games.Trying to get support for a boycott, when you openly admit that you gave up your season ticket.You are clearly too stupid to realise how shallow and pathetic you are.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"][quote user="morty"]And you are choosing to insult proper supporters who still go to games and support their team, and specifically ones in the lower N&P?Well played[Y][/quote]

So I''m right then.[/quote]No.

So Foggy, what do you do for a living?I''m guessing its something you hate.Perhaps you tried to get into the forces yourself, but couldn''t quite make the grade?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Last word to you, Morty as I''m going to bed. Try to use something different to ''cock.''[/quote]Sleep well, missing you already.x

[quote user="morty"]So Foggy, what do you do for a living?I''m guessing its something you hate.Perhaps you tried to get into the forces yourself, but couldn''t quite make the grade?[/quote]Something I enjoy actually.  And no, the idea of getting shot never appealed to me.  I have a great respect for those willing to put their lives on the line to defend the country. [H]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]So Foggy, what do you do for a living?I''m guessing its something you hate.Perhaps you tried to get into the forces yourself, but couldn''t quite make the grade?[/quote]Something I enjoy actually.  And no, the idea of getting shot never appealed to me.  I have a great respect for those willing to put their lives on the line to defend the country. [H][/quote]Yes, clearly you do.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ll be there come what may. There''s nothing I''d rather do. What would the boycott hope to achieve?

[/quote]

Well that escalated quickly! Maybe why my post wasn''t worth a response.

As I said, I shan''t be boycotting because there''s nothing I''d rather do than go. I never make any secret of the fact that I enjoy everything about football days. Yes I hate to lose but winning isn''t an entitlement that comes with my season ticket. If I didn''t have a season ticket and could afford to go I would still go. But I''m one of those who has a season ticket because I want to go to every game not because I''m afraid I couldn''t get to ther games I want if I didn''t have one. So it would have to be something extroardinary for me to miss out on something I love so much.

So what is this boycott meant to achieve? I see you get some support from Broady but does Broady have a season ticket?  Or will he be boycotting anyway? So many questions! How would you persuade my grandsons to boycott? Would you tell them not to go and that missing something you want is a noble sacrifice for the greater good?

We could have a nice night out in May at St Andrews Hall. But that achieved diddly squat last time. However I would go because I''d enjoy the company. It''s good to hear different views in person just as it is to read them on here.

And finally I seriously doubt I know more about football management than Hughton or running a football club than McNally. But they stand or fall by results. Hughton''s already gone, do you think McNally will go too? See us forelock tuggers and happy clappers can''t keep a manager or CE anymore than you boycotters can get rid. The results govern what happens. It''s not us who kept Hughton for so long it was the players. Because everytime Hughton needed a result they got him one. Will they now get one for Adams? Or us?

One thing is for certain, come the full time whistle the players will applaud the crowd, giving it the faux devastation and apologetic body language. And the happy clapping bumpkins that fill carrow road will buy into the whole charade, give them a rousing round of applause, massaging their overpaid egos, congratulating them on their abject failure. Because that''s what real supporters do apparently. Sickening.

I made it perfectly clear that I thought a boycott was a bad idea actually. Re-read.

No I have not got a season ticket because I am not prepared to travel on a regular basis a round trip of 360 miles or so for ninety minutes of football. Would you?

I am proud to be the ultimate plastic because I have put in my years of supporting my Club and have had a season ticket for years. Now it is not convenient because of my personal circumstances. There are other things in life to consider after all.

I always went to a couple of London games in the past but made a week-end of it and took in a show or something as well.

This is the first season I will not have seen the Canaries live. The reason? Streams.

To me this is an important aspect of the game today and sooner or later the TV companies and footballing authorities will have to bite the bullet and make streaming available legally for like pirate radio stations these will not go away.

I will gladly put a tenner into Canary coffers to have a legitimate stream without the usual problems.

But I have wandered. This is another subject worthy of debate. 

To the OP - get over it: what makes you think Norwich have a divine right to be in the Premier League? Yes mistakes have been made, but we are not exclusive in that - over the past 5 years the following clubs have been relegated : this puts us in some pretty decent company i.e. clubs very similar in size and resources to ourselves ...

QPR

Reading

Wigan

Bolton

Blackburn

Wolves

Birmingham

Blackpool

West Ham

Burnley

Hull

Portsmouth

Newcastle

West Brom

Middlesborough

Of course West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom, Burnley and Hull have already got back, and one of QPR, Reading and Wigan have at least a chance via the playoffs.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Downgraded by the self appointed bully boy, ooh!ouch!

Why should I care about your opinion? You have been proven wrong comprehensively.[/quote]
On pretty much every point he has ever made this season. None of what he argued for has happened. All the outers were right, and its laughable that he thinks opinion, or footballing knowledge/foresight should carry any weight whatsoever.
Also, supporting something negative and crippling isn''t something that should ever have support Morty. Thats what I get from the OP being made. If you can''t see that buddy, then it just adds to your long list of cluelessness.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ll be there come what may. There''s nothing I''d rather do. What would the boycott hope to achieve?

[/quote]

As I said, I shan''t be boycotting because there''s nothing I''d rather do than go. I never make any secret of the fact that I enjoy everything about football days. Yes I hate to lose but winning isn''t an entitlement that comes with my season ticket. If I didn''t have a season ticket and could afford to go I would still go. But I''m one of those who has a season ticket because I want to go to every game not because I''m afraid I couldn''t get to ther games I want if I didn''t have one. So it would have to be something extroardinary for me to miss out on something I love so much.

So what is this boycott meant to achieve? I see you get some support from Broady but does Broady have a season ticket?  Or will he be boycotting anyway? So many questions! How would you persuade my grandsons to boycott? Would you tell them not to go and that missing something you want is a noble sacrifice for the greater good?

We could have a nice night out in May at St Andrews Hall. But that achieved diddly squat last time. However I would go because I''d enjoy the company. It''s good to hear different views in person just as it is to read them on here.

And finally I seriously doubt I know more about football management than Hughton or running a football club than McNally. But they stand or fall by results. Hughton''s already gone, do you think McNally will go too? See us forelock tuggers and happy clappers can''t keep a manager or CE anymore than you boycotters can get rid. The results govern what happens. It''s not us who kept Hughton for so long it was the players. Because everytime Hughton needed a result they got him one. Will they now get one for Adams? Or us?

[/quote]
Oh here comes Mr. Self-important answering his own posts because none else cares [:$]........

For me one of the joys of being in the prem is seeing teams like Aresenal, so why miss out?

I remeber our first season back when I went to these type go games with the attitude of "we probably will lose, but should see some great football".

No. I''ll be there

I have paid my money and I want to see if my team can win a football match.

If, this time next year, we are on the verge of a drop to League One, I''ll say the same thing

I am not qualified enough to apply for the Manager''s/CEO''s job (s). I am not rich enough to make Delia et al, an offer they couldn''t refuse, and even if I was, I would still want Mr McNally''s number to have a chat about one or two things.

I''ll be there in my usual Stand (obviously not making much noise) and at times I will reflect on my previous career.....

nutty nigel wrote:

So what is this boycott meant to achieve? I see you get some support from Broady but does Broady have a season ticket? Or will he be boycotting anyway? So many questions! How would you persuade my grandsons to boycott? Would you tell them not to go and that missing something you want is a noble sacrifice for the greater good?

We could have a nice night out in May at St Andrews Hall. But that achieved diddly squat last time. However I would go because I''d enjoy the company. It''s good to hear different views in person just as it is to read them on here.

And finally I seriously doubt I know more about football management than Hughton or running a football club than McNally. But they stand or fall by results. Hughton''s already gone, do you think McNally will go too? See us forelock tuggers and happy clappers can''t keep a manager or CE anymore than you boycotters can get rid. The results govern what happens. It''s not us who kept Hughton for so long it was the players. Because everytime Hughton needed a result they got him one. Will they now get one for Adams? Or us?

One of your best posts ever NN, great read, great points.

Fully endorsed, I don''t like what''s happened these last two seasons, but it''s football, it''s in the blood, and NCFC is my team, whether prem or Anglian combination!

The OP says:

"When Norwich City was on it''s knees the loyalty and tolerance of the supporters saved it and the supporters were rewarded by successive promotions. "

Presume you are talking about our season in League One, Could you explain how the supporters saved the club?

I can see the point you are seeking to make, Bor, and with a change of work commitments I was able to take up a season ticket again after that relegation.

This was a time when gate money was crucial and we all know the story about the rebate.

You want to say ''the fans helped by sticking with the club then so the same applies now.'' It isn''t the same, the attitude towards fans is very different as I described and I am not asking whether supporters will boycott next season, I hope they do not, I am asking whether supporters will take an opportunity to show their disapproval for a decline which was palpably in the making a long time ago.

Some supporters want to go and see Arsenal apparently, others have said this action wouldn''t be for them and quite unnecessarily feel the need to explain themselves. A few see their attendance as a sort of badge and have retaliated quite abusively; perhaps they lack other things to define their lives.

At the end of the day it is just a blog to generate discussion. It does, however, indicate to me the gulf between the attitude of some club employees to fans and the attitude of the fans to the club and why we are such a soft touch as a customer base.