Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

If the Arsenal game is a dead rubber will you boycott it?

Why are Clubs individual and distinctive?

Owners, Board members, Managers, Coaches and players all come and go. It is simply about the supporters.

Norwich supporters have a reputation for loyalty, good behaviour and tolerance. They can be slow to rouse but once roused can be vocal.

It is a truism that a person''s best attribute can also become their greatest fault.

When Norwich City was on it''s knees the loyalty and tolerance of the supporters saved it and the supporters were rewarded by successive promotions.

When the Club''s need of those fans diminished through other income the attitude of the Club changed towards the fans who continued to be loyal and tolerant.

When a manager was brought in who played football which was frankly hard to watch the fans continued to be loyal and tolerant.

When we lost to a non-league side, when we got thrashed with barely a whimper, when we stood off and carried no goal threat, when we dallied with relegation the fans continued to be loyal and tolerant.

When a manager showing signs of being clueless was handed by any standards a substantial transfer fund, when he failed successively to sign a half worthy forward player and when he failed to produce a cohesive squad still the fans continued to be loyal and tolerant.

When the players showed disdain and open disrespect towards the supporters, when their sense of self worth swelled, when they became frankly indifferent still the fans continued to be loyal and tolerant.

It was always easy for the Board to exercise their own ineptitude because of the attitude of the fans. When the fans got restless towards the end of Hughton''s tenure we actually got some decent home performances and results. The tolerance had snapped and the players took notice.

With the sold out ground through the availability pressure on season tickets the Board took the fans for granted. I never boo but it is the means by which a mass of people denied other opportunity for discourse show their dissent. And when it happens at Norwich there is always a condemnation of the supporters and I think ''how dare they. They should shut up and take note!''

So, consider this. Chelsea are in with a great chance of winning the league, the likelihood is our bunch of white flag wavers will lose and lose badly at Stamford Bridge and if Sunderland win we are down. Would you go to the Arsenal home game? If you didn''t have a season ticket would you PAY to go? Why would you go? Is it to cheer a bunch of players who have failed you and the Club? Is it to show the Board you are still loyal and tolerant?

I know the argument ''It''s my Club so I''ll go, I''ve paid for the game, I always go.''

But what message are you giving?

If the game is a dead rubber why not stay away, en masse? What a message that would send. Empty stands, lots of gaps and nothing shouts louder than empty seats.

If you hadn''t taken loyalty and tolerance over more than a year to obsequious levels would we be in this position now or would decisions have been made earlier, would players have felt pressure to perform? For me, our supporters have to take a share of the blame for all this for being far too slow to rouse, our best attributes truly became our worst contribution to a very slow car crash.

Will you stay away if there is nothing to play for and tell McNally and Co the patience has truly run out and they need to re-earn that which they took for granted?

What an odd concept.I have paid for the game, and I''ll be there.You appear to be confused as to what constitutes "support"

[quote user="morty"]What an odd concept.I have paid for the game, and I''ll be there.You appear to be confused as to what constitutes "support"[/quote]

He also hasn''t said if he''ll be there has he?

If not, when did he start boycotting?

And, you have a very short memory. There have been far, far darker times, not that long ago.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]if Sunderland win we are down. Would you go to the Arsenal home game?[/quote] I''ll be there to clap the players on their lap of honour! [:$]

Makes me chuckle when people get all full of their own self importance on here.Tell you what mate, you boycott the game, I''m sure you''ll be sorely missed[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ll be there come what may. There''s nothing I''d rather do. What would the boycott hope to achieve?[/quote]

Rude Old has said he''s been boycotting for several seasons now.....

[quote user="morty"]And, you have a very short memory. There have been far, far darker times, not that long ago.[/quote]

Absolutely. Remember 7-1 against Colchester in the third tier? If I had been told then that we were going to have two consecutive promotions, and three seasons in the Premier League, I would have taken that.

I gave up my season ticket this season mainly because of what I listed.

Interesting that some of the immediate responders have spend most of this season lecturing dissenters, procrastinating on the fence and showing the kind of qualities and complacency described. Perhaps this hits a nerve with them.

How dare I criticise better supporters than me?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I gave up my season ticket this season mainly because of what I listed.

Interesting that some of the immediate responders have spend most of this season lecturing dissenters, procrastinating on the fence and showing the kind of qualities and complacency described. Perhaps this hits a nerve with them.

How dare I criticise better supporters than me?[/quote]Ahhh, didn''t have the stomach for the fight?Sorry fella, you have been downgraded from "supporter" to "fan"

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I gave up my season ticket this season mainly because of what I listed.

How dare I criticise better supporters than me?[/quote]

So will Arsenal be your 38th "boycott" of the season then?

If you don''t want to go, fair enough but what gives you the right to sit there and encourage others not to go?

Got a relative that''s a gooner and desperate for a couple of tickets or something?

I''ll send you a half&half scarf if you like - perhaps you could laminate it so it feels like plastic...;-)

[quote user="morty"]What an odd concept.I have paid for the game, and I''ll be there.You appear to be confused as to what constitutes "support"[/quote]

Not such an odd concept:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26509338If you have paid for it, enjoy the dead rubber.  Perhaps it can put some false gloss on the season like last years two games.Support does not mean, agree whatever the club does is right...  Just because people are in charge of NCFC does not make their actions either correct, or the right thing to do.More like a rather excellent way to make a point. But you wouldn''t understand that being ex forces.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Downgraded by the self appointed bully boy, ooh!ouch!

Why should I care about your opinion? You have been proven wrong comprehensively.[/quote]You obviously do care about opinions, or you wouldn''t have posted on a public forum.But obviously you just wanted people to agree with you.I think you are an Olympic grade tallywhacker, prove me wrong on that[Y]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]What an odd concept.I have paid for the game, and I''ll be there.You appear to be confused as to what constitutes "support"[/quote]

Not such an odd concept:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26509338If you have paid for it, enjoy the dead rubber.  Perhaps it can put some false gloss on the season like last years two games.Support does not mean, agree whatever the club does is right...  Just because people are in charge of NCFC does not make their actions either correct, or the right thing to do.More like a rather excellent way to make a point. But you wouldn''t understand that being ex forces.[/quote]Ahhhh, another boycotter.Or "Flaccid spam javelin" as I like to call them.Pathetic.

And are you trying to somehow belittle my opinion, or insult me, because I used to be in the forces?You really are a special guy.

No, I don''t need people to agree with me. It was an open question. Don''t be afraid of it, express your disagreement, try not to be abusive or personal and back your points up with reasons.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]No, I don''t need people to agree with me. It was an open question. Don''t be afraid of it, express your disagreement, try not to be abusive or personal and back your points up with reasons.[/quote]I have already told you why I disagree.And I still think you''re a cock[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]No, I don''t need people to agree with me. It was an open question. Don''t be afraid of it, express your disagreement, try not to be abusive or personal and back your points up with reasons.[/quote]I have already told you why I disagree.And I still think you''re a cock[Y][/quote]

Seconded.

[quote user="morty"]Ahhhh, another boycotter.Or "Flaccid spam javelin" as I like to call them.Pathetic.[/quote]I gave up my season ticket years ago about 10 games into Roeder''s 2nd season, passed it to a friend of mine and that was that.  At the time I think we had more loans than we could actually field in a game, and I had no idea who half the players were. Then we put Gunn in charge, it was all completely tinpot from the clueless board of directors.Never got the bug back.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]Ahhhh, another boycotter.Or "Flaccid spam javelin" as I like to call them.Pathetic.[/quote]I gave up my season ticket years ago about 10 games into Roeder''s 2nd season, passed it to a friend of mine and that was that.  At the time I think we had more loans than we could actually field in a game, and I had no idea who half the players were. Then we put Gunn in charge, it was all completely tinpot from the clueless board of directors.Never got the bug back.[/quote]Good.Leaves space for a proper supporter.

[quote user="morty"]And are you trying to somehow belittle my opinion, or insult me, because I used to be in the forces?You really are a special guy.[/quote]I said, that your opinion comes from your time in the forces where you just follow orders.  Hence when anyone critisizes the management and/or board  (aka above them in the chain of command) it goes against the way you have been trained to think as an army grunt. You also spendmake childish insults to people who''s opinon differs from your own. And in fact people like Rudolph who were right when you were wrong, both now and back during the Worthy days.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]And are you trying to somehow belittle my opinion, or insult me, because I used to be in the forces?You really are a special guy.[/quote]I said, that your opinion comes from your time in the forces where you just follow orders.  Hence when anyone critisizes the management and/or board  (aka above them in the chain of command) it goes against the way you have been trained to think as an army grunt. You also spendmake childish insults to people who''s opinon differs from your own. And in fact people like Rudolph who were right when you were wrong, both now and back during the Worthy days.[/quote]Oh dear, your stereotypical opinion is embarrassing.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]Good.Leaves space for a proper supporter.[/quote]Bed wetter.[/quote]Well done for totally contradicting your own point in your last post about childish insults.You''re really not very good at this, are you?

I want to see who is Player of the Season at day of Arsenal game.

Then to see if next year''s championship squad parades the pitch afterwards -Fox/Becchio etc. Then to see if the players back in that squad for next year from loan spells like Surman are on display to the fans.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]And are you trying to somehow belittle my opinion, or insult me, because I used to be in the forces?You really are a special guy.[/quote]I said, that your opinion comes from your time in the forces where you just follow orders.  Hence when anyone critisizes the management and/or board  (aka above them in the chain of command) it goes against the way you have been trained to think as an army grunt. You also spendmake childish insults to people who''s opinon differs from your own. And in fact people like Rudolph who were right when you were wrong, both now and back during the Worthy days.[/quote]Oh dear, your stereotypical opinion is embarrassing.[/quote]Absolutely not, many ex-forces manage to adapt to the real world. Some don''t, and are unable to break from their deference to the superior officer, and the endless mind numbing childish insults. like you.