Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

We will be the biggest club in the Champ. Let's act like it!

Largest average crowd, highest income with parachute payments. So please let''s act like it, keep our key players, invest in new talent and secure the right manager. We must see relegation as a blip in the plan to become a permanent premiership team.

Fulham and Cardiff have more money at their disposal than us for a start. And that generally has more bearing on where a club finishes.

I agree with the sentiment obviously, but I definitely don''t think we are the biggest fish in the Championship.

It''s quite unusual for a relegated team to go straight back up. I think we made the same mistakes that QPR made - buying in too many new players in one season and losing our identity (as Russ Martin put it) - so it wouldn''t surprise me if we had the same kind of season QPR are now having.

We won''t be the biggest club in the Championship, you''re delusional if you genuinely think so.

One of our issues was that we have to many championship quality players.

Ergo next year we have a very good championship team.

I don''t agree we are the largest club as that comes done to whatever metric you use to define "biggest"

As for Cardiff an Fulham a lot will depend on their players etc etc the next few months will give a better impression.

We won''t be the biggest club in the Championship but we will be one of the best equipped!

We are debt free, will have some of the Premiership money from this season (�60M+), will have the parachute money, will have money from the enevitable sale of a few of our present squad and will have some of the biggest crowds in the Division!

The sentiment is true though, get the right manager in quickly, like next week, do the right things like sign the right players and we should be able to challenge strongly!

Size is irrelevant  (so my wife tells me [:S] )  and it is more about not expecting too much - or indeed expecting too little.  We just have to accept what happens and if it leads to the play offs or straight promotion, we will have had a very good season.   The championship under Lambert was incredible from that point of view - we had no great expectations of going up, but we had no fear of going down either and softly softly through the season we built up momentum.   That is what I will hope for again - not a flash start beating everyone in sight then dropping back, nor a poor season with a frantic push to get in the playoffs.