Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

The Relegation run in and why it is not over

Okay, I''ve looked at the run ins of the 4 teams at the bottom, and I seriously think, if we can win all of our home games (which given the opposition are winnable) we could stay up, although we will need something from our away games.

The key games in the run in which will determine who stays and who goes for me are:

for Palace: Blackburn (A) - this is winnable for Palace. Southampton (H) - which I think they will win. Charlton (A) - they will win on the last day of the season. I honestly can''t see them getting anything from their visit to Newcastle, and Liverpool I think will have too much for them at Selhurst (I hope!).

Southampton. I honestly beleive they will be going down. I can''t see them getting a result at Bolton, and the local derby at Portsmouth will be a dreadful atmosphere - I think Pompey could do it. Which means their games against us and Palace are must win games....I can see them losing to Palace, which means if we avoid defeat at St Marys I think the trapdoor will have opened by then, making MAn Uts trip to the south coast on the last day of the season academic - barring the chase for second place.

WBA - Now this is the team with a real chance of staying up, and I think will be our closest rivals in the chase (should we win our last 3 home games...)I can''t see WBA getting a result against either Arsenal or Man UTd, but I can see them beating both Blackburn and Portsmouth at home...Which means their next two games away at Spurs and Middlesboro will probably determine if they stay up or not. Get more than 1 point form those two games and I think they will survive.

As for Norwich - with the crowd behind us at Carrow Road playing teams with nothing but pride to play for - why can''t we win them all? Then that leaves us needing 4 points from our two away games in my opinion - which could be a bridge too far...Avoiding defeat at Southampton would be vital, and then last day of the season, well I beleive it will rest on our performance at Fulham.

imagine the feeling if it rests on our last game and Fulham give us the game, it would be incredible! Just think about the atmosphere and the streets of norwich!

Reminds me of the last game last season, when all the away supporters were doing the conga! And all those mexican waves, where have they gone, oh sweet sweet memories!

I will be dissapointed if we don''t go to fulham without a mathematical chance of staying up. Unfortunately, i''d be surprised if fulham will definitly be safe by then, and so can see them having something to play for

We can win at Fulham and i reckon they will be safe by then. WBA are the biggest rivals and not just because they are effectively 5 points ahead. Regrettable I can just see us going down on goal difference unless Deano bangs in a few hat tricks!!

I am dreading a last day survival cracker against Fulham (who I agree will be safe by then)  Goal difference relegation after failing to beat Fulhams strollers (again) has been my biggest fear all season.

OTBC 

If it goes to the wire...and it''s still a very big IF...then I will be beside myself on the last day, but perhaps foolishly comforted by the fact that Fulham really don''t like Palace very much - well, the fans seem to have a great dislike for each other so perhaps the players do too!  ("Sad, deluded straw-clutching mare", I hear you cry!!!)

Kit Symons and Coleman are best friends so i doubt very much he will be looking to do you any favours. If anything i would be worried about the opposite!

That''s why I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek as I wrote it!

Anyway, West Brom play Pompey and if Saints'' relegation depends on the former winning that one then it''ll be game over...if it''s even still on for us by then.

[quote]I will be dissapointed if we don''t go to fulham without a mathematical chance of staying up. Unfortunately, i''d be surprised if fulham will definitly be safe by then, and so can see them having someth...[/quote]

You never know, If fulham keep losing then it could be a deciding match. We could beat them and in the process stay up and they go down. Doubt it though

[quote]imagine the feeling if it rests on our last game and Fulham give us the game, it would be incredible! Just think about the atmosphere and the streets of norwich! Reminds me of the last game last seas...[/quote]

Tht woz totally kwl wif da mexican wave! I joined in and so did Delia! And the atmosphere @ the City Hall when all the players were on the balcony woz FAB!!!!!!!

[quote]Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............[/quote]

Is that a spot of Yoga nameless one?  Does that help?  Judging by Flems performances this season probably not!

If we can scrape a win an escape is possible as we will only be a point behind the saints - in it still in our hands but I do know just how unlikely it is.

OTBC

[quote]Tht woz totally kwl wif da mexican wave! I joined in and so did Delia! And the atmosphere @ the City Hall when all the players were on the balcony woz FAB!!!!!!![/quote]

Don''t you just love the english language?.