Sign in to follow this  
pete

Malky no compo says Tan

See article from BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27358728

Do you believe it 18 months left on £3m a year contract. If it is true is he expecting the same from City?

he would be 6th highest manager in england if thats true and 13th highest in europe, say i would say thats bollocks.

I have been wondering how much of a pay cut Malky would be prepared to take. I just don''t think we could pay the money Tan was able to. Is it therefore a foregone conclusion that he would even take the job?

[quote user="nulli secundus"]I have been wondering how much of a pay cut Malky would be prepared to take. I just don''t think we could pay the money Tan was able to. Is it therefore a foregone conclusion that he would even take the job?[/quote]

Off to WBA imo.

It is a strange one in my opinion that he paid for his own lawyers to take down Tan and now he is dropping it? Maybe he has been paid off and made to keep quiet but the apology he gave was nothing less than disgraceful than a man that prides himself on morals.

Not sure what to make of this, but it certainly has caused me to re-think Malky as a potential manager.

Malky comes out of this with absolutely no credibility at all. Incompetent in the transfer market and then issues a grovelling apology to the man who sacked him without giving him his contractual compensation.

Duplicity and Tan go hand in hand. Not losing "face" is very important amongst Asians.

"For legal reasons I cannot comment on the detail," Tan explained. 

Very convenient.

I do not for one minute expect that Malky came away with nothing. The League Manager''s Association would have ensured a contractual pay-off for him surely. The legal action probably included matters over and above this (constructive dismissal?) which would have meant sums over and above just paying off the remainder of Mackay''s contract.