Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Pet hates about footballers...

My pet hates are :-

Players who pick up the ball after the whistles blown

A goal scorer running around  like a demented lunatic , chased by a bunch  of blokes  wanting to hug  and kiss him ..... yech !!

Players  who obviously spend more time  training their hair  than they do training their feet !

I get irritated when a player picks the ball out of the net (after his team has scored the equaliser or pulled a goal back) and then rushes back to put the ball on the centre spot for the re-start. Why bother? The other team will only stroll back to take the kick-off; it''s not as if they''re thinking, "Crikey, the other team''s in a hurry, we''d better run to the centre spot and get on with the game"!!!  

so what are you saying?? you would rather see players not celebrating for scoring or showing any emotions for the club they play for??? 

I get irritated with how some of them get paid near on £100k a week for kicking a ball about just once a week and it''s still not enough...

(obviously not aimed at Norwich players!)

Players and managers who say "I''ve got a lot of respect/time for so and so" in interviews

Earrings (Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo spring to mind)

Dropping to the ground like they have been shot, then clutching their knee (when it is blatantly the ankle or foot) and writhing in agony after the smallest or most non existent touch by an opposing player.

1. Agents-greedy flash p****s, taking money out of the game.

2. Sunday league players with upturned collars - "You are not good enough mate, if you were you wouldn''t be playing sunday league. If you are good enough, stop showing off and try a harder standard".

3. The "only here for the money" attitude of some players.  (Robert, Bogarde etc)

4. Distinctly average foreigners getting in the way of talented homegrown talent.

5. Flemings "not my fault" look.

Unnecessary glove wearing during the game unless it''s very sub-zero (goalkeepers exempt of course) - e.g. Christiano Ronaldo

Two earrings (taped up with micropore) can''t you take them out? , e.g. Christiano Ronaldo

Players who have their mouths open all the time e.g. Christiano Ronaldo

Players who constantly spit everywhere,players who put there faces close up to the camera (Maradona), players who take there shirt off showing there 6 pack(Mckenzie).Any Joe Royle interview.Any Worthy interview.Any Fergie interview.Not being able to wear my collar up on a sunday morning becasue the missis has ironed it flat!

This is a bit girlie I know but I hate one handed nose clearances.Whats wrong with popping a small paper hankie up your sleeve before you run out onto the pitch?

White boots with my name stitched into them if you please

Stuart Pearce, bah!  You''re one of those old men that still plays thinking he still has it aren''t you.   Gone are the days when you used to turn your collar up and show the skills.  Now you just squeeze into the largest shorts the gaffer has purchased, suck in the beer belly and try to outfox the collar up gang with your better footballing brain

my pet hate is when they do the head knock... it''s so lame... up in eachothers faces and butting eachother like two stags! pointless really...

But I love the aeroplane... don''t ask me why but everytime I see a player (which isn''t that often anymore) do the aeroplane, it makes me laugh reminds me of my son after he''s had an ice-cream

At the weekend when he scored against Villa, Crouch went one further than the aeroplane and started doing some flapping, vaguely imitating the Chicken Tonight adverts...that is plain embarrassing.

divers..... when they dive....... yup, hes a great sportsman

"he can swim and play football at once, i think he deserve a round of applause!"

[quote]so what are you saying?? you would rather see players not celebrating for scoring or showing any emotions for the club they play for???[/quote]

Its only a half serious thread Francesco !  ....  lets face it though  , some of them  are tripping over their ego`s !   and piling on top of the striker  may just  risk  injury    whats wrong with  a back slap  and a high five  ? then get on with what they`re paid to do !!   we pay to watch them play football  , not synchronised  backflips   and turf gliding on the knees  , no doubt lubricated by all the  gob spat out  every minute of the game

[quote]At the weekend when he scored against Villa, Crouch went one further than the aeroplane and started doing some flapping, vaguely imitating the Chicken Tonight adverts...that is plain embarrassing.[/quote]

that is embarrasing... ever seen anyone "walk like an eygptian"?, i reckon that could be aswell...

Another one I love is the the top over the head... i''m just waiting to see someone run into the goal post anyone ever seen that?? Don''t mind the sliding... pile ups are a bit boring...

Anyway, did Mckenzie get in trouble for taking his top off? I thought they had cracked down on the shirt over the head? So what happens if you take it off??

[quote]Hi Normann! He got a yellow for his troubles but who cares? He scored against Man United and we beat them![/quote]

Hey Brum, Hows the studies goin?

A yellow card, that''s alright! I''m sure he thought it was worth it, I thought it was quite funny, was shown on all the news stations down here Infact it was headlines here, all those "poor" Man U supporters, their team beaten by lil ol Norwich City... so excited they took their gear off ... HA HA I will too if we win and stay up! Now there''s a scary thought...