Sign in to follow this  
24March1985

Who wants to leave, apparently

I really hope Snoddy doesn''t go but he has shown enough this season to be wanted in the Prem so I guess that one is very likely.

Personally I''d like to see all four Leeds boys playing a role next season.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="JF"]Hooper scored a bag full last time he was in the Championship. It''s what got him his move to Celtic. If he stays next season, he will get over 20.[/quote]

If he''s any good then yeah. If people like Chris Martin, Troy Deeney, Matej Vydra and countless others (none of who I''d really take outside Vydra and then only at Championship) do it, then yeah that''s the minimum I''d take from a "good" striker.[/quote]

Personally I think your football knowledge is minimal at best!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="JF"]Hooper scored a bag full last time he was in the Championship. It''s what got him his move to Celtic. If he stays next season, he will get over 20.[/quote]

If he''s any good then yeah. If people like Chris Martin, Troy Deeney, Matej Vydra and countless others (none of who I''d really take outside Vydra and then only at Championship) do it, then yeah that''s the minimum I''d take from a "good" striker.[/quote]

Personally I think your football knowledge is minimal at best![/quote]

You watch a single game of the people I mentioned? I highly doubt you have. Till you do you may not want to talk about "soccer intelligence" or intelligence of any kind...

The one I would most regret losing is Leroy Fer, but many seem to automatically assume he will be on his bike one way or another.

A year older, a year into the English game I feel he would bestride the Championship like a Colossus. A touch of class amongst the middle of the road dross and uninventive cloggers that constitute the Chumps.

Can none others see that this presence in our line-up on a regular basis would ensure we stand out from the mediocrity we will likely encounter?

Old ''stroller'' will bemuse the lot of them.

I like Leroy.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

The one I would most regret losing is Leroy Fer, but many seem to automatically assume he will be on his bike one way or another.

A year older, a year into the English game I feel he would bestride the Championship like a Colossus. A touch of class amongst the middle of the road dross and uninventive cloggers that constitute the Chumps.

Can none others see that this presence in our line-up on a regular basis would ensure we stand out from the mediocrity we will likely encounter?

I like Leroy.

[/quote]Completely agree, I would love to keep him. I have no logic to back up why he will leave, but I just think he will.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I like Leroy.[/quote]

I like Leroy too.  What some critics miss with him is the fact that he has often had to play with players around him who are not on his level or wavelength.  Snodgrass does not help enough chasing back, leaving Fer exposed too often and Johnson just isn''t in the same class as him his passing lets him down.  Howson has had another mixed season imo too.  Fer has been left too much to do on his own + plus he was out for a few weeks too.

Stick Tettey and Fer in as the first names on the team sheet and we have the makings of a super midfield. An in form Howson and two decent wide players such as Bennett and Redmond and we have a strong midfield five for next season.  

Fer would be an absolutely outstanding midfielder at that level and given a decent manager who isn''t obsessed with defensive football. Hooper will score for fun at that level too, as I suspect might RVW, if given some decent service. We don''t need the money and they''re all on contract, so I hope we tell them, and the others, to honour their contracts and make amends for their part in this season''s lack of performance.

Bassong is the only one I''d let go if he''s going to sulk - Of all the players who''ve underperformed this season he has been the worst, and he doesn''t have the lack of decent service excuses that the attacking players have. He''s a good player but clearly not mentally up for it, and the last few games have proved that he wouldn''t really be a massive loss.

All said and done, we''re in the position of really not needing to sell. So we don''t need to let players go on the cheap. So if we did let the likes of Fer go, I''m sure the money would go a long way in the Championship.

In the end money talks and any good player who wants to leave will be able to leave, as Ruddy apparently nearly did to London.

Whether Bassong''s and Fer''s under performing were signs of not wanting to be at CR, I don''t know, but I wouldn''t be surprised if they left. Hooper, I think, will not be sought by a Prem. club, - we didn''t have that much opposition, so he may get his wish to go back to Glasgow.

Snodgrass could also go north of the border.

Significantly, of the four, only Snodgrass was in Adams''s teams, and I rate him as a good judge of quality and attitude.

Only Snoddy and Ruddy have definitely done enough to have sufficient interest from other clubs!

Fer maybe someone will take a punt on!

Bassong has now been relegated with 3 different clubs and and his other club Spurs didn''t keep him long. His bad dip in form from last season and problems with his knees means he is not as attractive to other clubs as he would no doubt think?

Fer is quality, when he came on against Watford in the League Cup earlier this season he completely changed the game. I agree with everyone that he would be head and shoulders the best player in the Championship.

However like most I think he will leave. His performance against Man Utd was of a player who knew he wouldn''t be a Norwich player next season. If he was committed to the club he would have played against Chelsea. There is no way our midfield is good enough to leave Fer out for any other reason.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="JF"]Hooper scored a bag full last time he was in the Championship. It''s what got him his move to Celtic. If he stays next season, he will get over 20.[/quote]

You watch a single game of the people I mentioned? I highly doubt you have. Till you do you may not want to talk about "soccer intelligence" or intelligence of any kind...[/quote]

Nice try! I''ve missed watching 3-4 games this season.

And it''s always been football.

Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. I''m betting your I.Q number is about as high as the number of goals RVW has scored this season!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="JF"]Hooper scored a bag full last time he was in the Championship. It''s what got him his move to Celtic. If he stays next season, he will get over 20.[/quote]

You watch a single game of the people I mentioned? I highly doubt you have. Till you do you may not want to talk about "soccer intelligence" or intelligence of any kind...[/quote]

Nice try! I''ve missed watching 3-4 games this season.

And it''s always been football.

Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. I''m betting your I.Q number is about as high as the number of goals RVW has scored this season![/quote]

Wow are you stupid, apparently illiterate. You aren''t bright. I wasn''t asking if you watched Norwich games, I listed 3 people and asked if you had even seen them play. How''d you manage to turn a computer on?