Sign in to follow this  
24March1985

Who wants to leave, apparently

Apologies if this link has already been posted. Day too short to read through every thread.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2624094/Norwich-face-exodus-Leroy-Fer-Gary-Hooper-Sebastien-Bassong-eyeing-exits-Premier-League-relegation.html

Lazy Daily Fail journalism.Wouldn''t be surprised with Bassong and Fer, but I reckon Hooper will stay. Or more to the point I can''t see a Premier club bidding for him.

Bless the Daily Mail some of the UK''s cheapest Bum Fodder. To be fair i could have wrote that article, no interviews, no new quotes just some tool Journo sat at a computer.

If they aren''t going to be pulling in our direction next season then it''s probably best they move on.

That said, it wouldn''t take a genius to pick out two players already linked with moves away, a player with previous for thinking he''s a bit better than he is, and (IMO) our most valuable player and say they''re likely to want out.

[quote user="step"]wanna borrow a tin hat Morty ?[/quote]I didn''t venture an opinion on it, merely passing the information on[;)]

Not bothered about losing them three anyway if we get good money for them and it means we keep Snodgrass and ruddy, ruddy has already basically said he''ll stay until we want him to leave. Build the defence around Turner, the midfield around tettey and howson and the forwards round becchio and Redmond.

Elmander has put in a better shift than RVW and Hooper combined, of late.......

Me too, splutcho - imo JE is a pretty decent player and wasn''t really playing as a striker for us a lot of the time, so judgement on him in that role is a bit unfair. I guess it depends on what he/we want, and I imagine many would moan if we signed him.

Would be very happy to keep bold of Elmander in the Championship. Sell Bassong. Loan out Fer. Keep Hooper, he will score for fun in that league.

If our so called strikers want to leave why not get super chris back on a free seems to know how to score in the championship R V Wastermoney eat your heart out

[quote user="JF"]. Keep Hooper, he will score for fun in that league.[/quote]

Even the championship is about 5 levels above Hoopers head. So hope he f''s off like he should.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="JF"]. Keep Hooper, he will score for fun in that league.[/quote]

Even the championship is about 5 levels above Hoopers head. So hope he f''s off like he should.[/quote]

Repeating this statement doesn''t make it any less nonsense.

Hooper scored a bag full last time he was in the Championship. It''s what got him his move to Celtic. If he stays next season, he will get over 20.

[quote user="Herman "]He isn''t garbage.[/quote]

Repeating the statement doesn''t make it any less nonsense.

[quote user="JF"]Hooper scored a bag full last time he was in the Championship. It''s what got him his move to Celtic. If he stays next season, he will get over 20.[/quote]

If he''s any good then yeah. If people like Chris Martin, Troy Deeney, Matej Vydra and countless others (none of who I''d really take outside Vydra and then only at Championship) do it, then yeah that''s the minimum I''d take from a "good" striker.

Brilliant if we can keep elmander. Him and hooper will be great in the chumps. Resigned to losing ruddy and snoddy but the rest need to be told they are not going anywhere (contracts permitting). They have to make amends. It''s not completely broken we just had a an incompetent management team. No need to make wholesale changes, our best chance of bouncing back is to keep as many as possible. It''s not as if we need the money (yet).

If Elmander is on a free then keep him, he has the right attitude, that I know. Are there more gifted players, possibly, but I would rather a player who puts in a shift than one who doesn''t give a sh*t.

Becchio and Hooper, would like to see them have a run out together in the Championship.

We will need an Elmander type of player whether it be him or somebody like him.

If we had retained premier league status I would like to have seen Elmander go back to Turkey.

Now that we are in the championship I think we should look to signing him on the cheap. Could do a job for us IMO!

Bassong can go with the likes of Fer and Snodgrass.

Although a good guy I would think Ruddy would want to leave due to his England chances unless he has succumbed to the number 3 spot.

Time will tell but it''s going to be very interesting!