Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Turner is a free to go

Would be my choice as captain. It is inevitable we shall lose our best players. That is why an experienced manager must be our most important priority.

Out of contract players;

Turner

Nash

Fox (1 yr option)

Tettey (1 yr option)

Bunn (1 yr option)

Pilkington (1 yr option)

I guess we will take up the option with Bunn and Tettey. Not sure what is happening with Pilks but I imagine he will leave this summer. Turner will be an asset in the championship so hopefully he will get a new deal.

Turners a battle hardened pro who has way more good games than what he does bad''uns!

Would be a major asset in championship so have to keep him!

Quite a lot of rebuilding to do if he goes. Don''t think there''s any chance we will see Bassong play for us next season. That''ll be our two best CBs gone with only R Bennett left.

If he''s available on a free then a Premier League club is bound to come in for him, probably one of the promoted clubs. We do seem to screw things up when it comes to contracts. 10 players went for free last season.

I think R Bennett and Turner would be a great CB partnership next season. Turner may have been on the cards to be let go by CH this Summer. Now CH has gone, Turner is in a bit of a pickle, or may have something already lined up, as a consequence of that, depends on how quick a permanent manager is appointed I guess.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]Its stated in todays Pink un write up ...out of contract

Does that mean he can''t be offered a new one?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]I think R Bennett and Turner would be a great CB partnership next season. Turner may have been on the cards to be let go by CH this Summer. Now CH has gone, Turner is in a bit of a pickle, or may have something already lined up, as a consequence of that, depends on how quick a permanent manager is appointed I guess.[/quote]

Which is why an experienced manager is an important decision over all, and not meaning cheap options like Malkey or Adams, We have the funds to bounce back, but only if its sorted quick.

Been telling you all season Tutner only signed 2 year contract, clever me. Not as clever as Michael T who obviously knew Hughton would take us down. Hope upon hope we have an option, if not we really need 2 CB''s for next season.

As we shall need recruits in other parts of the pitch soon we shall be in the red again.

Let''s not forget we have some very good youngsters, not suggesting we should stick half a dozen of them in but one or two could very well step up. Expect to see some of them in the matchday squad today, whether they are on the bench or get some game time is of course another thing. With particular reference to the CB position, Adel Gafaiti could be one to watch, two footed, good in the air and can ping a ball well.

Hopefully there will indeed be some youth team/u-21 players coming through. However, the ''spine'' of a team needs to be in place; Goalkeeper/Central Defender(s)/Striker(s). Without doubt, Michael Turner should be a key part of that. Be very hard to recruit another of his quality when we already know he''s a really good fit.

If he does chose to go some of the blame must be heaped upon those who were always intent upon giving him a hard time. The player''s bad relationship with a portion of the crowd in the early days was well documented.

Perhaps he should have been made PotS after all. That may have helped.

He is probably, after Ruddy, the player I most don''t want to see leave. Comfortably our best CB and would wipe the floor in the Championship with most Strikers.

If he is leaving on a free and it turns out he wasn''t offered a contract extension last summer or during this season I''d be gobsmacked. That would have been an incredibly poor decision.

Watching him walk away for nothing to, probably Hull, is going to be a tough one to take.

This is the best news of the year. How anyone is sad about this is hilarious, or even for that matter seem to think the guy is a good CB. I can''t stop laughing.

Seriously I can''t be happier that this guy is finally going to leave this team. This thread has some really slow people in it.

Jaemae2, please just do everyone a favour and go back to Ipswich and slit your wrists. Nobody finds you amusing or believes you''re anything other than a worthless binner.

By free to go, do you mean his contract is at an end or that he has been told he can leave? Because I can''t see us NOT making him a contract offer, regardless if he accepts it.