Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Beware the Wounded Animal

City must beware of the backlash that can come tomorrow night after Newcastle knocked out of two tournaments.  The bigger they are the more wounded they feel and the bite could certainly hurt us tomorrow night. 

Deano putting 3 past Shay Given would be the most sensible andĀ humane thing to do, and hopefullyĀ put that poorĀ wounded animal out of its misery! OTBC ;~)

Couldnt agree more , so many people seem to think all we have to do is turn up and collect 3 points. Newcastle still have the likes of Shearer and we still have a defence that likes to conceed 3 a match.

[quote]City must beware of the backlash that can come tomorrow night after Newcastle knocked out of two tournaments. The bigger they are the more wounded they feel and the bite could certainly hurt us tomor...[/quote]

That thoughtĀ  was going through my mindĀ  tooĀ  Navman !Ā Ā Ā  ...Ā  mind you , there are two waysĀ of looking at this scenerio ,

1, Newcastle , after two serious beatingsĀ Ā  ,Ā  will be 100% concentratedĀ  on whippingĀ  the hideĀ  of " lowly " NorwichĀ 

2,Ā  Newcastle , after two serious beatings ,Ā  will have lost interest in this seasonĀ  , and , with typical northern generosity , give us a helping handĀ  in our fight against relegationĀ 

Noooo - I hate all this over confidence; city never win games when the fans get ahead of themselves.   We were going to slaughter Fulham and lost with an appalling performance with our first team; then we were going to win by three or four against palace.

At the end of the day we aare bottom of the league for a reason and Toon are way ahead of us.  Yes they have injuries and suspensions and will be low on morale; but one thing this season must have taught us by now is that even average sides in poor runs DO turn us over; look at Blackburn, Fulham, Man Citeh - all on poor runs and we wimpered at home against them.

Having siad that I think we CAN get a win, but not WILL get a win.  The players attitude has to be as spot on as it was against Manure to get three points. Likewise the fans have to be patient and not expect us to win by scoring 2 or more before half time - do that and like those 3 games the fans will get edgy which will transmit to the players - we simply cannot afford that.   

If the players attitude is right, ALL of the defence focus'' and the fans give the awesome support to match the usually impressive geordies then I am confident of a good result.

Come on; tonight may be but is unlikely to be and easy game - get behind the team for thefull game, even if we go behind;  we need this result and we have a crucial part to play.

OTBC    

Well said ZippersLeftFoot. Come on folks NO COMPLACENCY tonight-this applies as much to the fans as the players. Newcastle a walkover? Anybody who seriously thinks this should be booked in for a lobotomy. I remember Watford and Bradford were supposed to be walkovers last season, and i think the Toon with Shearer,Ameobi,Kluivert etc are slightly better than them!

There are bound to be nervous periods in the two games coming up and its vital the fans react in the right way to those nerves. Please dont go quiet,sit on your hands,bite your fingernails etc.-MAKE SOME NOISE, you`ll feel better for it and it can only lift the team.