Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Will we bounce straight back to the Prem?

Becchio and Hooper are both proven at Championship level, whether either want to stay or we get a manager who can get the best out of them is another matter.

It all boils down to what manager we get this week. Get the right appointment and the right players will stay as well. Not really enlightening that I''m afraid.

Don''t honestly think that the Championship is all that strong at the moment so if we can retain a strongish squad then my answer is probably

2005/2006 all over again? If so, then it''s mid-table obscurity and a downward spiral thereafter.

It looks like we are going have build a new squad pretty much from scratch.

No reason to think we will bounce back, we will need a season just to rebuild.

Depends on a number of factors really,How many players are staying, how much do we need to rebuild?  Who is going to be our new manager? etc. 
There''s no reason, assuming the right managerial appointment, that Norwich can''t at least attempt to bounce-back and make the play-offs.

I suspect we will see a lot jump ship. If we are starting with a new manager, a relatively modest budget there is no reason to think we are going to compete with the best teams in the Championship. We will be an also ran. I think we have to be prepared to spend at least one season building a new younger squad and lower expectations levels pretty quickly. Otherwise next season could turn into a nightmare pretty quickly.

Yes, 2nd. Quite frankly if we don''t get in the play-offs at the very least, next season will be a failure in my eyes- we need to take advantage of our strong financial position while we can.

I don''t think we would beat any of the current top 6 in the championship. Three of them will still be there next season fighting even harder to go up, that''s just for starters.

[quote user="Walt"]I don''t think we would beat any of the current top 6 in the championship. Three of them will still be there next season fighting even harder to go up, that''s just for starters.[/quote]
We could take QPR.

If Wigan don''t go up, they will lose what remains of their decent players. I think with only 14 senior players turning up to wave the fans goodbye, we will struggle.